Author Topic: Evercade  (Read 643 times)

Evercade
« on: March 28, 2022, 09:10:07 pm »
This may be an "I Can't Find It" question but I don't see an Evercade Category or listing?

dhaabi

Re: Evercade
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 10:20:43 pm »
The Blaze Evercade sub-category is within the Other parent category.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 10:44:01 pm »
The Blaze Evercade sub-category is within the Other parent category.

Just curious: How many games have to be released for a console before it gets it's own category?

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 12:14:08 pm »
Just curious: How many games have to be released for a console before it gets it's own category?

For a new category to be created, there isn't a set library number for a system to have necessarily, but that's an aspect which certainly helps. In the past, users have made throwaway category requests with good intentions (presumably) to submit or move entries to them, but the work is seldom done. You can look through some of the beginning pages of the Category/Platform Requests 2.0 thread where instances like that are discussed. In many of these cases, the newly-created categories remain empty for months and sometimes even years like the Dedicated VR categories. So, they're usually removed after no work has been made. This sentiment from the original Category/Platform Requests thread sums up user efforts well:

Quote from: tripredacus
There are two types of people who add items onto VGC:
99.9% of those people are those who have games and want to add them to their collection.
00.1% of those people are those who want to add missing games into the database.

There are categories with small libraries such as PlayStation [KR], which consists of the 16 known games. Despite the low number, the category was created without concern after I had made the request since I had already been providing extensive ongoing database work within the PlayStation category, meaning that it was trusted I would put in the effort to fill the category to be.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:39:37 pm by dhaabi »