Author Topic: Free to play games!  (Read 359 times)

Free to play games!
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:32:40 pm »
BR, FPS, TPS
S Star Wars: Hunters - Star Wars arena shooter.
PSX My Hero Ultra Rumble - 8 teams of 3 fighting BR
PSX Overwatch 2 - Wow!
PX XDefiant - A Call of Duty like game with hero shooter elements.
PX The Division Heartland - Seems to be a stripped down and more focused version of the series with an interesting setting.
Pathfinder - A recently leaked battle royale that has a bit of a twist to it and has PvPvE elements.
PX Project Q - PvP battle arena game.
PX Rumbleverse - A game published by Fortnite's publisher that is basically a wrestling themed battle royale. Gives me Ninjala vibes but hopefully it's decent. August 11 full release.
PX Gundam Evolution - Overwatch with Gundam. This just finished a PC playtest that seemed to go over well. Looking forward to it but don't care about the IP personally.
PX Hyenas - "PvEEEvP" from SEGA and Creative Assembly.
Gangstar New York - Only confirmed for Steam but looks like a really great GTA clone.
X ExoMecha - There are a TON of free to play mech shooters already but this one is the only one that has me interested.
ARC Raiders - A new studio made up of former DICE developers. Seems to be large scale battles like Planetside 2?
Plan8 - DokeV's publisher with an exosuit shooter similar to 2014-2016 CoD games.
P Deathverse: Let It Die - Let It Die was free. This is like a battle royale version of Let It Die.
SYNCED: Off-Planet - Really not sure if this is free but looks like it would be.
PX RAWMEN - soup-slinging third-person shooter for up to 32 players
PX The First Descendant fka Project Magnum - looter shooter
PX Deceive Inc. - pvp fps
Diabotical - arena FPS
Project Moon - PvPvE first-person "vertical extraction shooter (VES)"
Boundary - astronaut FPS
Once Human - survival shooter
Space Punks - top down ARPG
ALARA Prime - 4v4v4 tactical FPS
Galahad 3093 - mech shooter
Veiled Experts - seems a lot like Rogue Company
Hype Squad - pvp team based battle royale
Fault: Elder Orb - third person MOBA, reminds me of Paragon
Overprime - third person MOBA, reminds me of Paragon
Predecessor - third person MOBA, reminds me of Paragon
Ethereal: Clash of Souls - third person MOBA, reminds me of Paragon
PX Spine - cross-platform PvP team fighting game
Sky Link: Freefire - free version of a paid game. Drone PvP
PXDomynyo - br
CrossPlanet - seems kinda like a third person Halo
Super People - class based br
Ashfall - game from Days Gone creator
Histera: Fall of Human - fast paced FPS with Glitch effects
Operation Harsh Doorstop - tactical FPS
World War 3 - Battlefield type FPS that was recently overhauled
Projekt Z - "Atmospheric First-Person Zombie Coop-Shooter with base building elements set in WW2." currently funding on Kickstarter.
Setback - a shooter where your don't kill but setback
Polygon - unique looking FPS
Toxikk - great looking game that seems deserving of more attention
Ironsight - CoD style multiplayer

Racing and more:
DokeV: A monster collecting game I think with very impressive visuals.
PXKartRider Drift - Another kart racer.
Wumpa League - A Crash Bandicoot game that has been teased and rumored for a while now. It may have been internally rebooted so what it currently plays like is a mystery and whether or not it actually release is also a mystery.
Video Horror Society - A game like Dead by Daylight.
SPXDisney Speedstorm - A Disney themed kart racer with a bit of dark edge to it?
STray Racers - a game where you race on serving trays
SPXDisney Dreamlight Valley - life sim
Life Makeover - life sim
Dragon Raja - MMORPG
Noah's Heart - MMORPG
Airship Syndicate + Digital Extremes game - MMO
Soulframe - MMO from Warframe developer
SPXPhantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - MMORPG
Crazy Taxi - Wow! This could be great! A live service Crazy Taxi potentially with crossover passengers, drivers and locations sounds awesome!
Jet Set Radio - Bomb Rush Cyberfunk will be hard to match but this so called Super Game could be good!
Super Buckyball Tournament - Rocket League / Lucio Ball
PXDeadhaus Sonata - narrative ARPG
PXDivine Knockout - Smite spin-off, like how Smite made MOBAs 3D this game makes platform fighters 3D
PXskate. - the latest entry in the Skate series will be free! Woo!

Released:
SPX Fall Guys - Obstacle course game.
SPX Knockout City - dodgeball game
SPX Fortnite - Fortnite.
XP Splitgate - Halo with Portal portals.
SPX Rogue Company - Third person shooter with hero shooter elements. Somewhat challenging.
Team Fortress 2 - Technically already on consoles but I'd like to see it come to modern consoles and be supported well.
X Halo Infinite - I'd like to see this to come to PlayStation and Nintendo and it's dwindling player base makes it seem they need those platforms.
X CrossfireX - Recently launched and was abysmal but I'd like to see it improve and come to more platforms.
PX Century: Age of Ashes - A game where you fly around on dragons.
P Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt - vampire BR
Valorant - Apparently a console version (and mobile version) are being worked on or considered.
Nine to Five - 3v3v3 shooter that's currently on Steam and Stadia.
PSX Brawlhalla - Ubisoft Smash Bros.
X Roblox - game creation platform
SX Asphalt 9: Legends - racing game
X Space Jam: A New Legacy - The Game - beat em up
Guild Wars 2 - MMORPG
Smite - third person MOBA
Core - game creation platform
Creativerse - Minecraft
The Cycle: Frontier - Seems to be an alien version of Escape from Tarkov.
Crayta - game creation platform
Blankos Block Party - game creation platform
PSX Roller Champions - roller skating
PX MultiVersus - Smash Bros. with DC/WB/Cartoon Network characters.

Be sure to share your thoughts on any of these games or perhaps list some that you're personally interested in. I'll keep this updated regularly with new games and updates on the releases of the currently listed games.

Please refrain from using this topic to bash free to play games on console entirely. Criticizing individual games is perfectly fine though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 10:43:16 pm by weirdfeline »

dhaabi

Re: Free to play games!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:08:35 am »
It may be better to organize your list by genre. On that note, I'm glad that there are more than FPS, hero shooters, and battle royale games, as those genres aren't ones I find interesting. I generally don't play free-to-play games, but I may try out two or three (very) briefly sometime later on.

MultiVersus - Smash Bros. with DC/WB/Cartoon Network characters.

I've heard about this game, but I didn't know that it'd be free.

I'm not sure how I feel about its art style. It seems a little off-putting. It may just be the children aspect.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:18:55 am »
It may be better to organize your list by genre. On that note, I'm glad that there are more than FPS, hero shooters, and battle royale games, as those genres aren't ones I find interesting. I generally don't play free-to-play games, but I may try out two or three (very) briefly sometime later on.

MultiVersus - Smash Bros. with DC/WB/Cartoon Network characters.

I've heard about this game, but I didn't know that it'd be free.

I'm not sure how I feel about its art style. It seems a little off-putting. It may just be the children aspect.
Good idea, I'll also probably add more games that are currently released like Brawhalla which is another free to play "platform fighter".

gngtiger

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:46:10 am »
One game I'm honestly excited for that's free to play (coming later this month) is called Be Funny Now. It's created by jacksfilms, one of my favorite YouTubers, and I can't wait to try it once it releases. On the 3DS, some other Free to play games I know of on the 3DS are Stretchmo (a game in the Pushmo series), Steel Diver Sub Wars and Pokemon Picross (Neither of which I tried). Nintendo Badge Arcade and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (both of which require in-game purchases to progress past a certain point).

I can't think of any others unless you count games that you unlocked with Club Nintendo points or My Nintendo points.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 11:21:48 pm »
One game I'm honestly excited for that's free to play (coming later this month) is called Be Funny Now. It's created by jacksfilms, one of my favorite YouTubers, and I can't wait to try it once it releases. On the 3DS, some other Free to play games I know of on the 3DS are Stretchmo (a game in the Pushmo series), Steel Diver Sub Wars and Pokemon Picross (Neither of which I tried). Nintendo Badge Arcade and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (both of which require in-game purchases to progress past a certain point).

I can't think of any others unless you count games that you unlocked with Club Nintendo points or My Nintendo points.
I've played a lot of Nintendo Badge Arcade even though it took about five minutes just to load it.

alligo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 01:03:14 am »
The one I'm waiting for is Gundam Evolution, unfortunately I couldn't participate to the test because I missed the information.

I had made the beta of KartRider one or two years ago but I don't expect it especially.

Disney speedstorm interests me, I registered for the beta.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 02:56:54 pm »
The one I'm waiting for is Gundam Evolution, unfortunately I couldn't participate to the test because I missed the information.

I had made the beta of KartRider one or two years ago but I don't expect it especially.

Disney speedstorm interests me, I registered for the beta.
I'm excited for Gundam Evolution. I registered for KartRider but wasn't selected. Disney Speedstorm is an interesting one, not sure if it's gonna be completely different from the publisher's Asphalt series or not.