Author Topic: Free to play games!  (Read 2005 times)

Free to play games!
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:32:40 pm »
This is an evolving list of free to play games that are, or potentially are releasing on PlayStation. I try to include a diverse list of what seem to be quality titles. This is not a list of every free to play game releasing and for the most part are ones I'm personally interested in keeping track of.

Feel free to share your thoughts on any past, present or future free to play games whether they are listed here or not.

* = ones I'm most interested in

arena shooter

Combat Champions - lower budget version of The Finals (it literally seems to have all the same concepts)

Crazy Justice - Fortnite clone with hero shooter elements

* CrossPlanet - third-person PvP with Halo aesthetics

Diabotical - arena FPS (Quake, Unreal) with egg shaped characters exclusive to Epic Games Store

Histera - FPS with a battlefield that changes on the fly

* Ironsight - released in 2018, plays like early 2010's COD

Setback - arena FPS where instead of dying you are setback in time

Star Wars: Hunters - announced Feb 2021 for Switch, mobile version has soft launched in a few countries, third-person arena shooter

* World Boss - LazarBeam's colorful arena shooter

* XDefiant - Ubisoft's answer to Call of Duty

battle royale / extraction shooter / survival

ARC Raiders - third-person, PvPvE extraction shooter (same dev as recent f2p hit The Finals)

Ascendant Infinity - "The World’s First Adaption Shooter!
Ascendant Infinity is a squad-based and tactical FPS experience with serious balls."

Deadrop - Dr. Disrespect's FPS extraction shooter

Farlight 84 - third person hero shooter BR with cute characters

* Mini Royale - green toy army men battle royale

Off the Grid - District 9 director's BR

Once Human - multiplayer open-world survival game set in a strange, post-apocalyptic future

Project Maverick - Far Cry extraction shooter

Project Astrid - Shroud's AAA open-world survival game with developer Splash Damage

* The Division Heartland - The Division as an extraction shooter set in a rural environment

other shooter

Caliber - tactical third-person shooter

* Convallaria - multiplayer third-person action shooter published by Sony

* Gangstar New York - GTA/Watch Dogs style game from Disney Speedstorm devs

NetEase games - several free games

* Plan8 - exosuit MMO shooter from DokeV publisher

* Project U - Ubisoft game with 10 teams of four battling it out in PvE combat

* Shatterline - FPS with multiple modes, seemed to be the next big thing back in 2022

* SYNCED - PvE and PvP futuristic co-op shooter

not a shooter

BattleCore Arena - a released 2017 game that Ubisoft in 2024 is re-releasing

* DokeV - creature-collecting open world action-adventure

* FreeJack Online - parkour racing game inspired by Jet Set Radio

Maximum Football - American football

Oh Baby! Kart - kart racer

Project Mugen - similar vibe to Zenless Zone Zero but published by NetEase

RAWMEN -  Splatoon-ish light hearted, third person, soup-slinging food fighter announced in 2019 still unreleased

Second Wave -  blend of MOBA-style strategy and pulse-pounding FPS/TPS action

* SEGA - new Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, and Golden Axe (2022 reports indicated CT & JSR being F2P)

skate. - Skate 4

Soulframe - Warframe devs Souls game

* Stampede: Racing Royale - kart racing BR

* Stumble Guys - Fall Guys clone

Warhammer 40,000: Speed Freeks - Crossout with the 40k license

Wayfinder - character-based, online action role playing game currently in paid early access

Wuthering Waves - open-world action RPG

* Zenless Zone Zero - urban fantasy action role-playing game developed and published by miHoYo

Zoo Strikers - online 3D platformer racing
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 04:18:45 pm by weirdfeline »

dhaabi

Re: Free to play games!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:08:35 am »
It may be better to organize your list by genre. On that note, I'm glad that there are more than FPS, hero shooters, and battle royale games, as those genres aren't ones I find interesting. I generally don't play free-to-play games, but I may try out two or three (very) briefly sometime later on.

MultiVersus - Smash Bros. with DC/WB/Cartoon Network characters.

I've heard about this game, but I didn't know that it'd be free.

DokeV: A monster collecting game I think with very impressive visuals.

I'm not sure how I feel about its art style. It seems a little off-putting. It may just be the children aspect.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:18:55 am »
It may be better to organize your list by genre. On that note, I'm glad that there are more than FPS, hero shooters, and battle royale games, as those genres aren't ones I find interesting. I generally don't play free-to-play games, but I may try out two or three (very) briefly sometime later on.

MultiVersus - Smash Bros. with DC/WB/Cartoon Network characters.

I've heard about this game, but I didn't know that it'd be free.

DokeV: A monster collecting game I think with very impressive visuals.

I'm not sure how I feel about its art style. It seems a little off-putting. It may just be the children aspect.
Good idea, I'll also probably add more games that are currently released like Brawhalla which is another free to play "platform fighter".

gngtiger

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:46:10 am »
One game I'm honestly excited for that's free to play (coming later this month) is called Be Funny Now. It's created by jacksfilms, one of my favorite YouTubers, and I can't wait to try it once it releases. On the 3DS, some other Free to play games I know of on the 3DS are Stretchmo (a game in the Pushmo series), Steel Diver Sub Wars and Pokemon Picross (Neither of which I tried). Nintendo Badge Arcade and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (both of which require in-game purchases to progress past a certain point).

I can't think of any others unless you count games that you unlocked with Club Nintendo points or My Nintendo points.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 11:21:48 pm »
One game I'm honestly excited for that's free to play (coming later this month) is called Be Funny Now. It's created by jacksfilms, one of my favorite YouTubers, and I can't wait to try it once it releases. On the 3DS, some other Free to play games I know of on the 3DS are Stretchmo (a game in the Pushmo series), Steel Diver Sub Wars and Pokemon Picross (Neither of which I tried). Nintendo Badge Arcade and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (both of which require in-game purchases to progress past a certain point).

I can't think of any others unless you count games that you unlocked with Club Nintendo points or My Nintendo points.
I've played a lot of Nintendo Badge Arcade even though it took about five minutes just to load it.

alligo

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 01:03:14 am »
The one I'm waiting for is Gundam Evolution, unfortunately I couldn't participate to the test because I missed the information.

I had made the beta of KartRider one or two years ago but I don't expect it especially.

Disney speedstorm interests me, I registered for the beta.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 02:56:54 pm »
The one I'm waiting for is Gundam Evolution, unfortunately I couldn't participate to the test because I missed the information.

I had made the beta of KartRider one or two years ago but I don't expect it especially.

I'm excited for Gundam Evolution. I registered for KartRider but wasn't selected. Disney Speedstorm is an interesting one, not sure if it's gonna be completely different from the publisher's Asphalt series or not.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 09:22:21 pm »
Realm Royale is back and better than ever in Realm Royale Reforged!

This game that was briefly popular four years ago just got a new update after being dead for over two years. A team of just nine developers have brought new changes to the game that the very tiny remaining fanbase wanted. Pretty interesting as that's something you don't see happen a lot. There's also a lot of free rewards for returning and new players. Might be worth checking out and it's a rather small download. Under 6 GB on PlayStation.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 04:20:02 pm »
The Sims 4 will be going free on October 18 on all platforms. It's about time for a game with so much DLC.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 09:13:16 am »
Tray Racers! is releasing on Nintendo Switch April 13!

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 05:29:08 am »
Very popular battle royale (just under 200k concurrent players on Steam) Naraka: Bladepoint has now transitioned to free to play and is out now on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Not PS4 yet.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 05:12:32 pm »
Very popular battle royale (just under 200k concurrent players on Steam) Naraka: Bladepoint has now transitioned to free to play and is out now on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Not PS4 yet.

I played it abit before on Game Pass and it's pretty fun.  I'll probably check it out some more now that it's F2P.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2023, 05:03:32 am »
I wrote abit about Naraka in another thread, but it's pretty good.  I've played it a bunch the past couple days, probably a good time to jump into right now as it's both the F2P launch and the 2nd anniversary, so there's a bunch of free stuff to get, along with Twitch drops.  I bought an outfit or two for kicks, but just playing for awhile will net you a handful of hero coins to unlock more heroes to play.  If you don't like the F2P, microtransaction, live service, thing, this won't changer your mind, that's all here with a battle pass, but I've gotten more than a few real nice things out of the lootboxes so far outfit and weapon skin wise.

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2023, 07:41:17 am »
Most Any game before 2004 should be legal to stream in a Browser for Or sometimes even download off retro ROM websites

Not modern? But hey there free to both download and play or one or the other. On PC
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 07:43:00 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

alligo

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 05:02:09 pm »

I'm excited for Gundam Evolution. I registered for KartRider but wasn't selected. Disney Speedstorm is an interesting one, not sure if it's gonna be completely different from the publisher's Asphalt series or not.

Finally, Gundam Evo will end in November...
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar