Author Topic: Summer 2022 video game announcements  (Read 1433 times)

Summer 2022 video game announcements
« on: June 02, 2022, 02:25:14 am »
Instead of listing them all, here are links with information on most of them:

https://www.gematsu.com/events/
https://www.ign.com/articles/summer-of-gaming-2022-schedule-how-to-watch-and-what-to-expect

State of Play is up first!

Re: Summer 2022 video game announcements
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 04:44:57 am »
Well, with State of Play, as it always is now with Sony events, I'm hoping for something from Bloodborne lol PS5 Update, PC Port, Remake, whatever it is, just give me the blood! Not too much I'm wanting to see outside of whatever possible surprises there might be.  Like God of War will probably be there, but I don't need to see anything on that.  Something on Spider-Man 2 would be neat I guess.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 06:50:22 am »
Well, with State of Play, as it always is now with Sony events, I'm hoping for something from Bloodborne lol PS5 Update, PC Port, Remake, whatever it is, just give me the blood! Not too much I'm wanting to see outside of whatever possible surprises there might be.  Like God of War will probably be there, but I don't need to see anything on that.  Something on Spider-Man 2 would be neat I guess.
It seems like PlayStation's big event will once again be in September called PlayStation Showcase. This would be the third year in a row. The first one in 2020 was called PlayStation 5 Showcase with 2021's being shortened to just PlayStation Showcase. That's where Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine were revealed last year. Sly Cooper and inFAMOUS are both rumored to be shown there this year.

I wouldn't expect much first party stuff except Horizon Call of the Mountain which was confirmed on PlayStation's Twitter. God of War Ragnarök maybe but who knows.

Official announcement about this State of Play:
"We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2."

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 03:01:14 pm »
It seems like PlayStation's big event will once again be in September called PlayStation Showcase. This would be the third year in a row. The first one in 2020 was called PlayStation 5 Showcase with 2021's being shortened to just PlayStation Showcase. That's where Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine were revealed last year. Sly Cooper and inFAMOUS are both rumored to be shown there this year.

I wouldn't expect much first party stuff except Horizon Call of the Mountain which was confirmed on PlayStation's Twitter. God of War Ragnarök maybe but who knows.

Official announcement about this State of Play:
"We’ll have some exciting reveals from our third-party partners, plus a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR2."

Well at least Bloodborne still has a chance being that its made by a third-party partner lol

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 06:06:13 pm »
Wow, Resident Evil 4 Remake right off the bat AND that it'll have PSVR2 support.  That's crazy.  Damn, RE8 getting proper support for VR also, which is mildly disappointing that it might be Playstation exclusive again.  Hopefully its not.  That being said, those two games and the Horizon game are pretty dope content for PSVR if it is all exclusive, though I can't justify double dipping on VR with PC and PS5.

This also reminds me that I need to get around to playing Horizon 2 lol Probably this summer, Elden Ring was just way too serious.

Spider-Man coming to PC is abit of a surprise, but neat.  I don't have a need for it being that I own it on PS5 already.

Stray looks like an interesting game, like it's not something I'm excited for, but the setting looks interesting and cat gameplay is cool lol

The Callisto Protocol looks sick.  It's like Dead Space, but even more fucked up, which is saying a lot lol I know it's being made by former Visceral Games devs.

Rollerdome looks super wacky, but fun and dope art style.

Oh dang, Street Fighter 6 stuff!  Holy crap, they are going hard on the visuals.  I think they might be doing a custom character story thing with a world you can run around in.  Either that or like a big lobby sorta system or perhaps Splatoon like? Either way, they aren't holding back with this release.

And I think we are ending on Final Fantasy XVI.  This might one of the better showings I've seen lately lol Damn, this is looking pretty cool, they are going hard on a more straight fantasy setting.  Bummer we gotta wait a year for it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 06:29:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 06:29:08 pm »
Well, I guess I now have to heavily consider upgrading PS Plus to play Stray.

Roller Champions adding guns and copying Sable’s art style is a surprise but I welcome it.

Street Fighter 6 having a hub world is neat. Street style is cool too. New logo still not great.

I didn’t want to mention it first but somehow knew RE 4 right from the font of the 3, lol.

Season has me interested now. Way too much fantasy in XVI.

dhaabi

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 07:07:47 pm »
It's too bad that I don't play fighting games—the art direction for Street Fighter 6 is fantastic.

jason

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 01:52:30 pm »
It's too bad that I don't play fighting games—the art direction for Street Fighter 6 is fantastic.

I agree that it does indeed look nice! :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 03:47:01 pm »
The Resident Evil 4 Remake looks awesome!

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 07:29:17 am »
The RE4 remake just feels so unnecessary.  It has aged far better than 2 or 3, because of the control scheme and plethora HD updates it has had over the years.  Not to mention they skipped right over Code Veronica, and if there is a game in the series that needs an update it's that!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 12:46:22 pm »
The RE4 remake just feels so unnecessary.  It has aged far better than 2 or 3, because of the control scheme and plethora HD updates it has had over the years.  Not to mention they skipped right over Code Veronica, and if there is a game in the series that needs an update it's that!

I agree Code Veronica should have come first, but I'm not gonna say no to a RE4 Remake.

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2022, 03:34:38 pm »

I don't think it's unnecessary at all, the controls haven't aged the best (Better than tank controls at the very least), but they aren't great, though the HD updates have improved it visually enough.  I probably would've liked Code Veronica first also just because I've never played it and probably never will, so getting a remake of that would've been nice, but RE4 is also one of my favorite RE games, so to get that with a proper third person control scheme and high end visuals is going to be super nice and it'll be the most refreshing play of the game since I first played it on the Gamecube since the story and such is gonna be reworked.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 05:11:27 pm »
Seems like Wumpa League is alive and will probably be revealed at Geoff Keighley's event.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 10:59:56 am »
Schim from Day of the Devs show is interesting.

The Plucky Squire from Devolver looks good.

Plenty more games to be shown today.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2022, 05:58:11 pm »
The only stuff that piqued my interest was old stuff: The Resident Evil 4 Remake and Capcom Arcade Stadium 2.

...so when are we getting a Nintendo Direct?