Author Topic: Xbox Showcase 2022  (Read 775 times)

Xbox Showcase 2022
« on: June 12, 2022, 10:30:03 am »
I may not be a big Xbox fan anymore, but I am a PC gamer, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll have to show here today.  I'm mildly interested in Starfield stuff as Fallout fan, but Fallout 76 really put me off Bethesda, so I'm not sure.  The only "dream announcement" for me is a new Banjo-Kazooie game announcement, whether that's a remake of the first two games, or a probably new game, I'll take it.  Or hell, I'd take Rare Replay being made available on PC so I can more easily play the HD remasters lol

Redfall gameplay shown off.  Left 4 Dead styled looter shooter. And here it starts with the 2023 release dates lol

Hollow Knight Silk Song gameplay.  I know people have been dying for this.  No release date, but according to the host, all games shown are out within the next 12 months.

High on Life, some goofball shooter with talking weapons from the creators of Rick and Morty.  October release.

Riot Games are putting their games on PC Game Pass, which I think their games are mostly free as is, but for example with League, all champions are unlocked.

Plague Tale: Requiem gameplay, is out this year.

Forza Motorsport out Spring 2023.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary.  November.  Kinda fun, but they are adding the Pelican from Halo to Flight Simulator.

Overwatch 2.  Early Access this October 4th.

Ara History Untold.  Not a single clue what the game is.  Thought it was a Civilization game from how they talked about it.

Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle coming June 21st.

Celebrating a Fallout anniversary with Fallout 76 content.  Can't be more disappointing lol  The Pitt content coming September.

Forza Horizon 5 is getting Hot Wheels DLC July 19th.

Ark 2.  Yet another CG trailer that shows nothing other than Vin Diesel.  Out next year. 

Scorn out October 21st.

Flintlock out Early 2023.  Character action game.

Minecraft Legends.  Strategy Game out in 2023.

Lightyear: Frontier.  Scifi survival builder game.  Spring 2023.

Gunfire Reborn.  October 2022.  Some sort of roguelite shooter of some sort.

The Last Case Benedict Fox - Sidescrolling platformer, maybe a metroidvania sort of game like Ori or Hollow Knight. Spring 2023.

As Dusk Falls - The visuals for this is so weird.  It's a...motion comic movie, but also has normal CG visuals with cars and other things.  One of those "Pick a decision for the story to progress", no actual gameplay.  July 19th.

Naraka: Bladepoint - June 23rd.  Has a campaign mode now.

Pentiment - Narrative driven adventure game from Obsidian.  November 2022.  Set in medieval times, and done in a very old timey art style.

Grounded - Releasing fully September.

Ereban: Shadow Legacy - 2023.  Stealth game.

Diablo 4 - Necromancer Class reveal. 2023.

Sea of Thieves content.  Become a captain and have deeper ship customization.  Season 7.   July 21st.

Ravenlok.  Action game.  2023.

Cocoon - Some sort of platforming puzzle game. 2023

Wolong: Fallen Dynasty - From Team Ninja.  Early 2023.

Persona 3, 4, 5 coming to Game Pass.  P5 out in October.

New Hideo Kojima game announcement, literally no info on the game, just that he's working on it with Xbox Game Studios.

Ending with Starfield.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:20:01 pm by kamikazekeeg »

gummo

Re: Xbox Showcase 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 11:01:19 am »
It should be interesting . There are a lot of eyes on them right now so I expect at least a few good things . I don't want to get my hopes up for anything in particular so I won't be disappointed .

telekill

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 11:33:42 am »
The only thing I want to see from Xbox studios is the Indiana Jones game. I'd like for it to be stated during or after the show that they are planning on it coming to PC and even PS5. I expect PS5 will not get it, but it would be nice as the game was announced before the Bethesda acquisition. If I have to upgrade my PC to run it, then so be it... but hopefully it looks good.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 12:37:06 pm »
Elder Scrolls VI!

That's what I want to see. We were teased many E3s ago with nothing else to show since.

Since Double-Fine is now a Microsoft studio, a Brutal Legend 2 announcement would make me cream my panties.

And Dishonored 3 would be another wishlist item I would go nuts for.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 12:45:45 pm »
The only thing I'm expecting primarily is a lot of stuff not releasing this year lol Like they have some big games coming with all their acquisitions, but the problem is that most of them are still deep in development and probably won't see a release date till next year or further.  Starfield was already moved into 2023.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 02:31:05 pm »
It looks alright, but i'm a bit underwhelmed, no Elder Scrolls 6 :(
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 02:32:44 pm »
While I wouldn't say that was a bad showing (very well paced, didn't drag much), they showed a lot, but they had nothing for me, I don't think a single game excited me.  I've never had so many games shown off in one showing that had very little appeal. 

Starfield is just okay.  Framerate they showed was pretty rough, gunplay looks really simple (Basically what Fallout was, which isn't good that they haven't improved much since Fallout 3 back in 2008).  Maybe it'll be good, I want to like it, but I'm not hyped for it right now.  Fallout at least had the retro tech vibe to it all, I always liked that vibe, so this game just being generic scifi stuff isn't selling me as much instantly.  It's at least seeming better than Outer Worlds to me.  I know I'm being harsh on it due to Fallout 76, for good reason, but I'm not quite there yet with the game.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:42:46 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 02:49:40 pm »
Wow... still no Indy. That's unfortunate. Maybe it's vaporware? He's riding off into the sunset?

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 03:21:41 pm »
I tuned in half an hour late and I had to go back and rewatch since that's where all the good stuff was.

Redfall's world looks awesome.

High on Life looks quite nice and reminds me I should probably play Trover after owning it for years.

Valorant still not announced for console is disappointing.

A Plague Tale: Requiem seems to have a bit more combat?

Overwatch 2 being free to play is awesome and the Junker Queen being a new hero is awesome.

Flintlock looked alright.

Starfield has made me interested in No Man's Sky.

jason

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 04:19:22 pm »
Interesting! Thanks for sharing this!! I'm personally most excited for Diablo IV at this point. :) There are a lot of games there though, and I need to look into them a bit further as well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2022, 05:56:55 pm »
The Last Case of Benedict Fox looks very cool to me! Lovecraft meets Metroidvania!

But other than that really nothing stood out to me. The gameplay of Eraban did look cool, but the style and story didn't appeal to me (the ninja vs robots game).

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2022, 06:02:11 pm »
I'd also agree that Benedict Fox was alright, I'm not huge into all the metroidvania styled games, but could be neat.  I also thought Ravenlok could be cool.  Initially I was like what is this voxel character, Alice in Wornderland, styled thing was, but then it turns out to be an action character game, and could be kinda legit maybe.  I'm digging for stuff to like out of this show despite how much they showed.  Wolong could possibly be neat, as I thought it was another Nioh at first, but there's no gameplay, so I can't really care about it.  Kojima's game could be cool maybe, I adored Death Stranding, but I can't get excited for "A game with no description exists, please look forward to it" lol

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2022, 06:19:49 pm »
I don't think Silksong being at a Microsoft show was on any body's bingo card.  Beyond thrilled we finally got news and an actual release window, though.

jason

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 07:01:33 pm »
I don't think Silksong being at a Microsoft show was on any body's bingo card.  Beyond thrilled we finally got news and an actual release window, though.

Wasn't expecting the Persona games either to be honest.

Also, was surprised to not hear about GoldenEye.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2023, 02:44:50 pm »
I tuned in half an hour late and I had to go back and rewatch since that's where all the good stuff was.

Redfall's world looks awesome.

High on Life looks quite nice and reminds me I should probably play Trover after owning it for years.

Valorant still not announced for console is disappointing.

A Plague Tale: Requiem seems to have a bit more combat?

Overwatch 2 being free to play is awesome and the Junker Queen being a new hero is awesome.

Flintlock looked alright.

Starfield has made me interested in No Man's Sky.

They have announced all the things in Valorant updates. Now you just need to play it