Author Topic: Shadowbox Project Completed -- My Gaming Wall of Fame.  (Read 794 times)

telekill

Shadowbox Project Completed -- My Gaming Wall of Fame.
« on: June 12, 2022, 03:53:32 pm »
My Shadowbox Project is officially completed. I've shown it off occasionally, but thought it would be nice to have everything in one place.

Each of these boxes took anywhere from 25-60 hours to complete with each one getting a bit more complex. Each box represents a favorite game or series of mine for the specified generation.

NES - Ninja Turtles
Genesis - Jurassic Park
PS1 - Resident Evil
DC - Shenmue (I counted this as an in-between gen but know it's part of the PS2 gen)
PS2 - Tomb Raider
PS3 - Uncharted
PS4 - Mass Effect (for me) and Destiny (for my brother)

Every box has a complete copy of one of the games, a timeline of the series, a scene from at least one of the games, and a push button speaker that cycles through songs from the series.

I completed the Mass Effect box just yesterday and I have to say that it's one of my favorites with the layering. I even left a spot on the timeline for when the new Mass Effect releases sometime in the next decade. Like with the Tomb Raider box, I bent my rule a bit as I wasn't horribly impressed with many new IPs during the PS4 gen. At least, not with games that were new IPs and have multiple sequels. It takes forever to make games anymore.

Runner up for the PS2 gen was Prince of Persia but I felt that Tomb Raider deserved it more with my personal history. Runner up for the PS4 gen was either Ghost of Tsushima or Witcher 3 but there's only one game for Ghost and I never got to play the first two Witcher games.

Photos are below to enjoy, but before you scroll, I'm wondering if you had to pick a single game or series for each gen you've been a gamer, what would your wall of fame look like?

jason

Re: Shadowbox Project Completed -- My Gaming Wall of Fame.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 04:17:30 pm »
Very nice! Nice choices for game series as well. :) I'm glad you also included Dreamcast.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 05:24:20 pm »
Very awesome, I've always thought about trying to do shadowbox's with bead art, but wasn't sure how I wanted to set it up exactly, but I love how you have it with the game itself built into it and the whole series timeline worked in also.  Super good.

jason

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 07:03:02 pm »
Very awesome, I've always thought about trying to do shadowbox's with bead art,...

That sounds like it would be cool as well!

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 09:33:59 pm »
Those look outstanding, you do GREAT work!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 04:35:29 am »
Woow that looks really cool!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 07:36:22 am »
Wow, very nice!

telekill

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 11:26:08 am »
Thanks guys. It was a passion project to be sure. Maybe at some point I'll do another but it won't be till I'm either severely bored (years from now) or when the PS5 gen is rounding down.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 10:25:10 pm »
WOW! Those are amazing! The Shenmue one in particular made me audibly go "Ahhhh!!" when I say it lol

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 10:00:58 am »
Do you have any videos showing this function of the button playing music?

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2022, 10:05:37 am »
I love these.  Really like the timelines you included.

telekill

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 02:31:48 pm »
Do you have any videos showing this function of the button playing music?

I didn't even think about it till you asked so I made a quick video showing it. I was going to just play the Mass Effect music but forgot I hadn't put batteries in yet.

https://youtu.be/kdiz5kj1K3o

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 07:12:49 pm »
You must be very proud of those! They look fantastic great job! My wall of fame would have Blaster Master,Zelda orcarina of time,Shining force,Resident Evil,Disgaea
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 07:19:12 pm by wartoy »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 10:34:51 pm »
I’d love to see one for Shadow of the Colossus. That would be EPIC.