Author Topic: Capcom Showcase 2022  (Read 591 times)

jason

Capcom Showcase 2022
« on: June 13, 2022, 05:57:07 pm »
Anyone going to be watching this. Just about to start!

bit.ly/CShowcaseYT

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak - New Trailer - releasing end of this month (June 30, 2022)
Demo June 14th, 2022 on Switch and Steam

Street Fighter 6

Capcom Fighting Collection
June 24
includes 5 Darkstalkers games

Arcade Stadium 2
32 arcade titles
July 22, 2022
available for pre-order now

Exoprimal
New Trailer
closed network test
www.exoprimal.com
2023 release

Dragon's Dogma (10th Anniversary)

Resident Evil franchise
Village - 6 million units sold
Shadows of Rose - new story
New content coming to "The Mercenaries" - Additional Orders
Village - Gold edition - New DLC
Ethan
Re:Verse

working on village to come to mac os
also VR2 version in the works

Resident Evil 4
(trailer)
March 24, 2023
re-imagining of 2003 game
6 years after events of Racoon City
Leon is main char
PS5/Xbox X/S/PC

REVII/RE2/RE3
PS5/Xbox Series X/S

en fin.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:35:53 pm by jason »

Re: Capcom Showcase 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 06:27:45 pm »
I am 100% on board with this RE8 DLC.  I wish there were more Mercenaries content, but some story with Rose revisiting areas could be interesting.  And then third person mode will be awesome for replay value.  And Re:Verse exists...I guess...Bit bummed that Shadows of Rose is third person only, it's a weird decision for a game that was made to be first person.

Well unfortunately, I only got RE8 info out of this, which was thankfully what I wanted to see for sure here, which is something at least.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:36:17 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 06:43:01 pm »
Pretty decent show but they left out Pragmata.

STREET FIGHTER II - The World Warrior is currently available for free as part of the original Capcom Arcade Stadium.

Hope I get to try Exoprimal in the Closed Network Test. (Update: It's only for Steam for some reason. No consoles included.. thanks.)

All of the Resident Evil Village DLC is nice especially adding third person but I was kinda hoping they'd just make RE:Verse free to play without owning the main game. Mercenaries mode looks decent.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 06:48:30 pm by weirdfeline »

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 06:46:37 pm »
All of the Resident Evil Village DLC is nice especially adding third person but I was kinda hoping they'd just make RE:Verse free to play without owning the main game. Mercenaries mode looks decent.

I think they guaranteed a swift death for RE:Verse just like Resistance died a swift death bundled with RE3.  Maybe they can't since they sold it with RE8, but most people didn't like the game to begin with and seeing that it looked mostly the same from the quick bit they showed, very few people are going to end up playing it.  I'll probably check it out at release then likely never play it again.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 08:02:27 pm »
No Dino Crisis.  >:(

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 10:47:21 pm »
Terribly disappointed with the showcase. Come on Capcom, people actually enjoy other games than Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 03:52:05 am »
The highlight by far was the Resident Evil: Village Gold Edition Announcements!

I was genuinely expecting a Lady D' DLC Prequel story, surprised they didn't push that after the overwhelming reaction towards her. As for the atcual DLC story, I like the idea of it but am sort of worried the story feels like a surreal isekai trip without much ground in reallity - I was shocked to see them push this for the DLC, I was sort of expecting this content to be explored for the next game.

Then there is the 3rd person mode... Daymn! I wonder how this will work, there is one particular scene where Ethan pulls a leaver which is going to be quite different, I like the idea I just hope the experience still feels catered to 3rd person.

I don't really play Merc's much, I  was hoping it would have had an online feature, but then I guess we'll see if they fix RE:Verse this time...

RE4R was barely shown, I still wish the ywere doing Code Veronica but it looks decent.

And I am thrilled to see RE23, RE3R & RE7 get PS5 enhancements for free! I noticed in RE3R that enemies in the distance had ratehr choppy animations, so hoping this is fixed in the PS5 version.

Capcom's dedication to it's ports of the RE series throughout the PS4 has made the series MUCH more accessible, I'm much more fond of the series now than I ever was to the point where it has become one of my favourite franchises! And even better news is it looks like they're going to make the PS1 titles accessible to owith the PS+ Premium Package (Which you can buy titles individually without the sub'.) - RE1 Director's Cut has already appeared on the USA Version.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 10:23:02 pm »
I was fairly disappointed by the presentation, although I'd say it was still better than any other showcase over the past week. The highlights for me were more footage of RE4 Remake, RE8 Gold Edition, and Capcom Fighting Collection. Other than that there was way too much time spent talking about Monster Hunter and I thought it was pretty shitty of Capcom to tease a Dragon's Dogma announcement that many were very excited about only for it to be "Making of" documentary of the first game which no one was asking for. I pray Nintendo announces a Direct soon. I need something to get excited about and at this point they're my only hope.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2022, 11:26:32 am »
A decent showcase. During these presentations, I'm thinking about getting a ps5.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]