Author Topic: Publisher/Developer drop down menus on mobile issue  (Read 788 times)

washerdryercombo

Publisher/Developer drop down menus on mobile issue
« on: June 23, 2022, 06:45:19 pm »
Is there a way to possibly fix the Publisher and Developer drop downs so that it doesn’t take forever to scroll thru on Safari/iOS?

It used to be manageable but time consuming to scroll thru to find the correct companies but for the last year or so it just makes my phone browser hang and I end up just saying screw it.

I don’t like uploading new titles without this info but currently its just too frustrating. It would be nice if you could type in a few characters from the company and it would populate with only the results that match your text.

jason

Re: Publisher/Developer drop down menus on mobile issue
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 10:02:16 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! This is quite a hassle currently with the mobile version of the website.

jason

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 05:38:43 pm »
I have updated the Dropdowns on the Edit Item side so that you can more easily edit from typing partial values then selecting the appropriate version. Please let me know if this helps.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 08:36:33 pm »
I have updated the Dropdowns on the Edit Item side so that you can more easily edit from typing partial values then selecting the appropriate version. Please let me know if this helps.
Wow! This is great!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 06:21:06 am »
Seems this has been pushed to the submit new item option also, but only for the publisher list.

I think the change is a lot better for navigation of the list. Typing something like "Sony Europe" to get to "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe" is a lot better than the previous way of navigating the menu. Only concern being the field will be filled with the position the developer/publisher is on the list temporarily (or at least I believe its what the numbers reference) - so at a quick glance you can't be certain you have selected the right one.

jason

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 08:33:58 pm »
Seems this has been pushed to the submit new item option also, but only for the publisher list.

I think the change is a lot better for navigation of the list. Typing something like "Sony Europe" to get to "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe" is a lot better than the previous way of navigating the menu. Only concern being the field will be filled with the position the developer/publisher is on the list temporarily (or at least I believe its what the numbers reference) - so at a quick glance you can't be certain you have selected the right one.

Thank you for the feedback!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 03:10:51 am »
Woow thats great!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:52 pm »
Thanks! I stopped uploading via mobile because of this. Was super frustrating. Glad it's been fixed.