Author Topic: The only upcoming games worth playing are Saints Row & Pokemanz Scarlet/Violet  (Read 1705 times)

There I said it.

I think Gangstar New York might be better than the new Saints Row.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What I'm looking forward to:
-Elder Scrolls VI
-Gotham Knights
-The Last Case of Benedict Fox
-Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
-Metroid Prime 4
-Pac-Man World: Re-Pac
-Resident Evil 4 Remake
-Sonic Frontiers
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Collection

Lots of stuff, and neither of your games are on my list.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 02:26:54 pm by burningdoom »

Eh, there's other games worth checking out for this year.  Like I'm gonna get into Saints Row as it seems to be abit more of a return to form for the series after it went off the rails, but I wouldn't really put that as a must play.  And Pokemon is just Pokemon, it's going to be mildly okay, with it likely missing a lot of features and things it should have because they rush the games out with tight budgets, but it'll still sell 20 million copies, and nothing will change.

For me, there's Stray, the TMNT Collection, God of War: Ragnarok, Metal: Hellsinger, The Callisto Protocol, and I might get Gotham Knights.  Not a huge list for me, but definitely some games to look forward to.

telekill

The top two on my list are Instinction and Cowabunga Collection. I'm not sure if Instinction will make it this year as it's slated for September, but I certainly hope so.

I Expect God of War Ragnarok to be good as well, but I probably won't get to it until next year or the next.

Couldn't care less for Pokemon, the series has barely evolved since the original games. Saints Row needed something done after how over the top IV & Agents of Mayhem became. I can't say I am too bothered by a Reboot but I appreciate it needed something.

Square-Enix are finally paying attention to their other IP's! Very excited to see what comes from the next Star Ocean & Valkyrie Profile titles, this is more of what I want to see rather  than throw away mobile games. Also excited replay Crisis Core again, a HD Port has been long overdue. I'll probably replay all the FF7 Compilation games after beating it too. Then of course the following year we have Final Fantasy XVI too which needs to be a big hitter and nothing of the dissapointment that the last entry brought to the table.

Beyond that, a few things here and there. Glad to see Klonoa get a remake and hope that succeeds. Then there is Resident Evil which is still thriving better than ever as a franchise - The additions to RE8 seems worth it. Then there is the RE4 remake, I still think they should have remade Code Veronica but still interested to see how it pans out.

Pfft Pokemon ROFL. Give me a break. You need more Xenoblade.

I'm getting Xenoblade 3
Souls Hackers 2
Dusk Diver 2
TMNT Shredders Revenge
Sd Gundam Battle Alliance
Valkyrie Elysium
Bullet Soul
The Ascent Physical
No More Heroes III PS5
Nier Automata Switch
(Double dipping on those)
Evil West
Bayonetta 3
Star Ocean 6
Soulstice
Jojo

Meh on Saints Row. I liked 3 a lot but it's just another open world city game. They all feel the same at this point.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 01:33:35 am by leynos »

My current Pre-orders are

Crisis Core: FFVII Reunion
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Live a Live
BotW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Live a Live
BotW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3
Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: La Pucelle: Ragnarok / Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Where can you pre-order BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4 already?

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Live a Live
BotW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

Best Buy.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Live a Live
BotW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

I'm just annoyed my original Prime 4 pre-order with the Prime 10$ discount was cancelled.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Splatoon 3
Live a Live
BotW2
Metroid Prime 4
Bayonetta 3

I'm just annoyed my original Prime 4 pre-order with the Prime 10$ discount was cancelled.

Wow, crazy, since there's so little information about those games.

Gamestop pretty much always does that whenever a game gets announced, it's lead to issues when games get enormously delayed in the past.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Gamestop pretty much always does that whenever a game gets announced, it's lead to issues when games get enormously delayed in the past.

Not recently. I can't pre-order Resident Evil 4, Pac-Man Re-Pac (but can get this at Best Buy), or Sonic Frontiers from GameStop. I was looking. And Gotham Knights was just available to pre-order about a month ago, which comes out in October.

Not recently. I can't pre-order Resident Evil 4, Pac-Man Re-Pac (but can get this at Best Buy), or Sonic Frontiers from GameStop. I was looking. And Gotham Knights was just available to pre-order about a month ago, which comes out in October.

I guess they are doing it less lately, but I remember back awhile ago that it was a lot more common that when the game was announced, pre-orders would go up, it lead to game leaks sometimes or at least people knowing some general possibilities for what was coming because the pre-order was going up in the Gamestop computer system like the day before E3 showings.