Author Topic: September 2022 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 2908 times)

Re: September 2022 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2022, 03:20:05 pm »
In a massive stroke of luck I have somehow been able to find 4 out of the 10 items on my Top 10 Most Wanted List in just the past 2-days.

Congrats on the pick-ups. The best piece of general collector's advice I've heard is "the time to buy is when you see it". I know the enteral debate that goes on, where you don't want to spend the money you weren't expecting to spend. But if that side of you wins the debate, you'll just regret it. You'll pass up on probably the best opportunity you're ever going to have and it'll only hurt worse down the road.

Die Hard Arcade is one of the best Saturn games, IMO. I still don't have Trilogy, and I'm not sure if I want it. It looks okay, I guess.

I feel like I spend so little on video games (especially retro) that when I do come across stuff I'm genuinely excited for, especially at a good price, I go for it. Given all the games and consoles I've bought over the past week equal about 2 months of my video game budget, I can justify it because in the past two months I've barely bought anything game related.

I totally agree about Die Hard Arcade. As for MK Trilogy it's on par with the PS1 port, although i think it looks better overall. Both are definitely better than the N64 version and also have more characters.

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 08:03:50 am »
PS4
Gravity Rush 2
Assassins Creed Unity
God of War III
Injustice 2
Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Sonic Forces
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction
Hitman 2

theflea

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2022, 05:07:32 am »
Time for latest pickups, Picked up a new game system, some games I pre-ordered about two years ago and some games that many would say are a waste of money.

AMIIBO
As always gotta pick up the latest Amiibo's.
- Steve & Alex

AMICO
These are "games" that I only bought as a piece of gaming History, There's a high chance the system will never be released but these might be weird collector's items or I'll have games if the Amico is released. Many would think these are a waste of money and your probably right. lol
- Missile Command
- Finnigan Fox
- Rigid Force Redux Enhanced
- Dynablaster
- Brain Duel
- Biplanes
- Evel Knievel
- Moon Patrol

PS5
More games on clearance.
- Among Us (Amazon $12)
- Puyo Puyo & Tetris 2 (Amazon $10)

XB1/XBSX
- Journey to the Savage Planet (Amazon $10)
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered (Amazon $10)

SWITCH
- Pretty Girls Game Collection
- Omori
- The Coma Double Cut
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
- XeoDrifter
- Mutant Mudds Collection
- Aererno Blade II (amazon $15)
- Ary and the Secret of Seasons (Best Buy $11)

PS4
- Omori
- Astro Aqua kitty
- Paper Dolls
- Among Us (Amazon $12)
- Black Hole Complete Edition (Amazon $15)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted (Amazon $12)
- SIMS 4 Bundle: Star Wars Journey to Batuu (Amazon $10)

SNES
- The Brainies

Atari 2600
I pre-ordered these homebrew Atari games about two years ago and they finally showed up in the mail.
- Saboteur
- Aquadventure
- Yars Return

And last a new console...
- Casio MX-10
The system is basically a MSX computer variant. I saw the system with two games and original controller and adapter for a good price and had to pick it up.
The games are CIB and I'll have to see if they work in my MSX computer and Zemmix systems too.
- Car Fighter
- King's Valley

"Happy game hunting!!!"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2022, 02:50:35 pm »
Randomly walked into two sealed computer games:

Allied General [SEALED]
X-COM: Apocalypse [SEALED]

2 euro's each
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2022, 05:50:34 am »
Been a long while since I've participated in the collection threads, I don't really go out of my way to pick up stuff beyond new games, and with other hobbies and no space for displaying, it's not something I go out of my way for.  But I had some stuff to clear out, a guy I know has a new game store and was doing bonus trade in credit, and I got a sick deal, so picked up a handful of new and old things.

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2022, 05:01:11 am »
I don't often get Digital Stuffs but there were a few good items for dirt Cheap this Month

PS4
- Castlevania Anniversary Collection
- Dead By Daylight: Silent Hill & Resident Evil DLC
- Max The Curse Of Brotherhood
- Memoranda
- Metal Gear Solid V: Defintive Edition
- Scarlet Nexus Season Pass
- State of Mind

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 06:55:56 pm »
In a massive stroke of luck I have somehow been able to find 4 out of the 10 items on my Top 10 Most Wanted List in just the past 2-days.

Congrats on the pick-ups. The best piece of general collector's advice I've heard is "the time to buy is when you see it". I know the enteral debate that goes on, where you don't want to spend the money you weren't expecting to spend. But if that side of you wins the debate, you'll just regret it. You'll pass up on probably the best opportunity you're ever going to have and it'll only hurt worse down the road.

Die Hard Arcade is one of the best Saturn games, IMO. I still don't have Trilogy, and I'm not sure if I want it. It looks okay, I guess.

I feel like I spend so little on video games (especially retro) that when I do come across stuff I'm genuinely excited for, especially at a good price, I go for it. Given all the games and consoles I've bought over the past week equal about 2 months of my video game budget, I can justify it because in the past two months I've barely bought anything game related.

I totally agree about Die Hard Arcade. As for MK Trilogy it's on par with the PS1 port, although i think it looks better overall. Both are definitely better than the N64 version and also have more characters.

In my rambling state, I didn't realize my comment could be taken as a reference to MK3. I was actually referring to Die Hard Trilogy on the Saturn, which I am leaning more towards picking up now.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2022, 11:47:01 pm »

In my rambling state, I didn't realize my comment could be taken as a reference to MK3. I was actually referring to Die Hard Trilogy on the Saturn, which I am leaning more towards picking up now.

lol no problem. I haven't played Trilogy since the 90s when I played it for about an hour at a cousin's house. I barely remember it, but as far as Die Hard games go, Arcade was always my goto and the one I played the most.

alligo

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 01:50:48 pm »
Midnight Fight Express
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2022, 10:55:47 pm »
What the heck... in the spirit of Flea, here is all of yesterday's take... (last couple of months, actually)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2022, 10:57:50 am »
I found what I guess has become a fairly uncommon Switch game as in I haven't seen it on shelves for a couple of years. It was just there at a gamestop today and around the price it is online (so saved on not having to get it shipped out to me). Kinda had a "when am I going to see this again?" Moment.

-Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2022, 11:33:19 am »
I found what I guess has become a fairly uncommon Switch game as in I haven't seen it on shelves for a couple of years. It was just there at a gamestop today and around the price it is online (so saved on not having to get it shipped out to me). Kinda had a "when am I going to see this again?" Moment.

Perfect reason to still own a Wii U. Many of the Switch games retaining their value are dirt cheap on the Wii U, including this one.

dhaabi

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2022, 12:35:37 pm »

Perfect reason to still own a Wii U. Many of the Switch games retaining their value are dirt cheap on the Wii U, including this one.

I understand the sentiment, but the Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch includes all of the DLC from both the Wii U and 3DS versions, new content of its own, and other minor updates. The original version for Wii U has less content which is probably a factor for its low market value.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2022, 12:53:14 pm »

I understand the sentiment, but the Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch includes all of the DLC from both the Wii U and 3DS versions, new content of its own, and other minor updates. The original version for Wii U has less content which is probably a factor for its low market value.

Even if you paid for the DLC, it's still cheaper on Wii U, though. I have the DLC. Same goes for Super Mario Maker, Breath of the Wild, New Super Mario Bros. U, etc.

Not being portable is a loss, though. But for me personally, I like console gaming more anyways.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2022, 06:53:58 pm »
... dude what the fuck