Author Topic: Which games have you become "priced out" of ever owning at this point?  (Read 2255 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Which games have you become "priced out" of ever owning at this point?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 11:26:06 am »
The one game on my radar I'll likely never be able to own is complete in box copy of Dracula X for the SNES. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough and find one not in crappy condition for <$1k. From what I've heard Dracula X is an inferior port of the PCE original anyway. I got Rondo for much less and in like new condition so Dracula X can wait.

Been fortunate enough to find respectable deals on Rule or Rose and Haunting Ground, naturally Kuon is on the horizon as well. I have better odds acquiring that versus Dracula X.

Castlevania Collection. I know it's not the cart, but at least it's an official way to play it.

telekill

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2022, 03:07:52 pm »
In all honestly, there was one thing that I really wanted but never had the opportunity to get at a reasonable price...

I still consider Uncharted 2 to be the best videogame of all time. Seriously. This game is right up my alley and I loved every second of it... including the multiplayer.

The one thing that I can say is that I've managed to buy almost everything the edition comes with. Almost... even a replica of the phurba dagger that sits nicely on my shelf. If you're interested, I bought it from this guy on Etsy a few years ago before he included the stand. Incredible detail:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1215786611/uncharted-2-replica-phurba-dagger?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=uncharted+2+phurba+dagger&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

With the Fortune Hunter's Edition listed at a minimum of just over $8,200.00 US on eBay and upwards of an eye-watering $20,000.00 US... I think I'm finally at peace not owning this one.

conduit

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2022, 04:20:43 pm »
Castlevania Collection. I know it's not the cart, but at least it's an official way to play it.

Both the Anniversary and Advanced collection have been on the mind since I first heard about them. I prefer physical but I'm fine downloading digital depending on the context. Might snag a physical Limited Run release of the Anniversary Collection then download the Advance collection, assuming that doesn't get a physical release later. My Switch library is small at the moment, so it'll coincide nicely when I get Bayo 3 later this month.