Author Topic: Secret Santa 2022!  (Read 13861 times)

Re: Secret Santa 2022!
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2022, 06:07:47 pm »
Sent you all a message with the Zoom information. Let me know if you didn't receive it or have any questions and I will see you all tonight! Get excited!  :)

Excited to do this!

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2022, 08:51:47 pm »
Will be streaming around 8pm CT (in about ten minutes) at www.twitch.tv/ignition365

kashell

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2022, 10:11:57 pm »
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! That was super fun, as always. It was great to see everyone.

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2022, 12:20:49 am »
Just watched the stream - great to see all the unwrapping 8)

@koemo1 - re the SS parcel from you has arrived - just in US instead of NZ directly :P - my second message about the shipping was accidentally missed by soera & didn't know you are my SS until I received the tracking from soera a few days ago - so I will "officially" receive the SS parcel at a later date with my other packages in US ::). Hope you liked the package from my side - tried to have a variety in there :). Sorry to hear the "customs hit" though for the package - did mark it as "gift" but assumed it went over the threshold (whatever that was?) :-[.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 03:42:00 am by puddingm »

telly

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2022, 10:26:38 am »
Had a really nice time with everyone yesterday. :) My Santa gifted me with truly a menagerie of goodies! I was given a really cute boo plush, the nicest set of playing cards I've ever had, a handmade Smash TV arcade cab, some awesome GameInformer magazines to browse through, a bunch of movies to watch with my wife (she said Catching Fire is incredible!). A really interesting CD from a harpist duo (I read some of the insert on stream not knowing it was from Twilight) xD

But of course we have to talk about the games! I was gifted Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 and a Spider Man game on the SNES. I haven't booted up my SNES in so long since I don't have a lot of games for it so I'm really excited to try these :) I also received Live A Live and Metroid Dread on the Switch, two games that I've wanted to play for a long time. Lastly was Mass Effect Legendary edition, another set of games I've never played but have always wanted to try!

Santa, thank you thank you thank you!  :D

Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2022, 12:56:11 pm »
If you didn't watch the stream, then I'll let folks know here: my SS did a fan-friggin'-tastic job. My signature shows the new games I got: Astria Ascending, Tales of Arise, Doki Doki Literature Club, and The Diofield Chronicle. All for my PlayStation 5.

On top of that, I got really adorable Kirby plushie and a book about Earthbound that I can't wait to read through.

Thanks again, SS. I'm thrilled with all of these new goodies and options.

soera

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2022, 07:58:01 pm »
Glad everyone had a good time. Hopefully someone recorded it and can let me watch it.

In other words - 100% completed!

10 years of 100% success. This has been a great time for me ... but it may be my last one to host. Lots of life changes going on and (depending on how everything goes from here on out) I may be stepping out of the game collecting life. Will continue to support the few series I like but other than that, I am considering seriously backing off everything else. :)

jason

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2022, 04:17:27 am »
Thanks again for everything, soera! :) Hoping we can change your mind next year!

Sorry I missed out on the stream... glad that it went well though!

Thanks so much to my SS for the wonderful gifts! It was the perfect collection of Kirby stuff, retro games, retro strategy guide with poster, and with an unexpected soundtrack as well. Lots to keep me busy in the year again!

Thanks again everybody! :) Hoping 2023 treats everyone well!

Edit: appended gift list
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 04:43:21 am by jason »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2022, 05:58:20 am »
Just watched the stream - great to see all the unwrapping 8)

@koemo1 - re the SS parcel from you has arrived - just in US instead of NZ directly :P - my second message about the shipping was accidentally missed by soera & didn't know you are my SS until I received the tracking from soera a few days ago - so I will "officially" receive the SS parcel at a later date with my other packages in US ::). Hope you liked the package from my side - tried to have a variety in there :). Sorry to hear the "customs hit" though for the package - did mark it as "gift" but assumed it went over the threshold (whatever that was?) :-[.

Hey PuddingM, thank you so much for the SS gifts! It was really surprising and carried :)
Ooh, my country has policy of charging 21% on the value, regardless in which category you mark it or value it has.
I'm happy you have received my gifts as well. A shame you couldn't join the stream because of the slight delay :(
It seems you have many packages coming from the US to New Zealand. It is really cool to meet a Pal collector on the other side of the world.
With kind regards,
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2022, 07:12:34 pm »
Oh and btw, I did open and receive my gift. It was very well thought out and appreciated!!! Also the candy included was perfect and it turned me on to one flavor I did not know existed and quickly has now become my favorite!

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2022, 07:28:23 pm »
The stream is up on VOD on Twitch for the next 60ish days and I've mirrored it to youtube indefinitely (https://youtu.be/MIRctMVnv40) unfortunately there were some audio issues with it capturing everyone else up until about halfway through.  Essentially audio is broken until 37:25.

I got some candy, a neat Mega Man pin, some silly metal wall hangers, and Earth Defense Force 2025 and Insect Armageddon and Far Cry Compilation... and an Ein keychain that has mysteriously disappeared.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:32:03 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2022, 08:43:55 pm »
Thanks everyone for participating this year!  Thanks again Telly for your awesome gifts!  The Castlevania magnet went on my fridge right after the stream.

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2022, 09:09:17 am »
Is there going to be a separate haul thread, or should we just post here this year

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2022, 07:52:26 pm »
Edit: So I wrote this a week+ ago and never hit post...Oops

I'm still in disbelief about what I got this year from Secret Santa.
-bookmark(my guess) of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Soundtrack
- Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space (Xbox)
- Legacy of Kain Defiance (Xbox)
- Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico
- Wonderful 101 (switch)
- Deadly Premonition Origins (Switch)

And then there was one more Item.
Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse on the NES...BOXED

Seriously I'm absolutely floored by this. Thank you so much

kashell

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2022, 09:05:28 am »
Is there going to be a separate haul thread, or should we just post here this year

I say post what you got in this thread.