Author Topic: Favorite game or game series you haven't played?  (Read 681 times)

dhaabi

Favorite game or game series you haven't played?
« on: October 31, 2022, 02:38:26 pm »
This has been a recent thought of mine that others may be able to relate to—what is my favorite game or game series I've yet to play? Or, maybe others can't relate, and I'm just someone who oddly doesn't pursue to play games which interest them.

With that said: Perhaps you don't own the game system? The game wasn't released in your region? Is there a language barrier? The game's market value has surpassed your spending comfort? Or maybe you just haven't gotten around to it?

For me, my favorite series I've yet to play is Boku no Natsuyasumi. As a franchise exclusive to Japan, it is simple enough that those unfamiliar with Japanese can still play and enjoy. Despite its low language barrier threshold while also having an elementary knowledge of Japanese, I just haven't gotten around to playing any of the games. So, until that time, I'll continue to appreciate them from an onlooker's perspective.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 02:40:15 pm by dhaabi »

Re: Favorite game or game series you haven't played?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 05:24:46 pm »
I'm not sure I understand the question?  How can it be a favorite series if you haven't played it yet?  Do you mean a series that really intrigues you, but you just haven't gotten to try it yet?

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 05:59:01 pm »
The closest i can come to answering this is the Metal Gear series, although I played two of the games and beat one. Everything about the Metal Gear series seems so damn awesome, especially the first three MGS games. Unfortunately I hate 9/10 stealth games I play so every time I've tried to get into the series I end up getting bored or frustrated and never come back to them. Unsurprisingly, the only Metal Gear game I've ever finished is one of the only non-stealth games in the series, Rising. I've been meaning to replay it since the last time I beat it was right after it came out like almost a decade ago (crazy to think it's been that long). I hope someday the core titles will click with me, but after at least three attempts to get into them, it has not.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 08:35:52 pm »
Do you mean a series that really intrigues you, but you just haven't gotten to try it yet?

Perhaps this is a better explanation for what I'm trying to get across as a topic to most people.

I'm not sure I understand the question?  How can it be a favorite series if you haven't played it yet?

For me personally, I'm pretty knowledgeable about Boku no Natsuyasumi. I haven't actually played any of the games, but I'm familiar with the series' gameplay and atmosphere while having played other games within its genre and setting that Boku no Natsuyasumi helped establish for other games to later utilize. I just haven't actually gotten around to playing it in particular, but I know plenty about the series for me to greatly appreciate it.

I think that, generally, people can be a fan of a piece of work without directly interacting with it. Plenty of people opt for watching extensive gameplay footage from online creators instead of playing themselves. A good example would be fans of horror games who don't actually want to be in control, so they watch others with an outsider's perspective.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:38:46 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 03:58:06 am »
As a fan of RPGs of all kind, but especially those with well worked out story and setting, there's one franchise I really look forward to check out: Shadowrun.

I recently purchased a few novel books set in the Shadowrun universe and reading them actually push me to get my hands on a game or two.

That's the closest I come to answering your question :D
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 04:26:29 pm »
There's a chance I may be this way about the Senran Kagura games. I like many of the character designs and theoretically the games are fun, but I've only really ever played Shinovi Versus way back on Vita, and even then I didn't get very far.

Similarly, I'm a "big fan" of the Bubblegum Crisis anime series, despite never really watching any of it besides the first OVA. The animation detail, the awesome music, it's incredible... maybe I need to sit down one day and actually see it.  ::)

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 08:16:50 pm »
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and all the rest of the Call of Duty games released after 2013 I bought Advanced Warfare board after a few missions and and never went back. I will probably play it again if I ever get in a good enough mood and in better health
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"