Author Topic: Favorite game of the year (So Far)  (Read 3659 times)

Favorite game of the year (So Far)
« on: November 01, 2022, 05:18:59 pm »
Coming up on the tail end of the year, only a couple big, notable, games left to release (God of War, Pokemon, perhaps The Callisto Protocol), so if you've been playing new stuff this year, what would you view as your favorite?

For me, it's still Elden Ring.  There's kinda nothing else that drew me in as much except for perhaps Grounded, which is possibly one of my favorite survival games.  There were other games I enjoyed like TMNT: Shredder's Revenge, Stray, and Metal: Hellsinger, but nothing else I enjoyed so thoroughly as Elden Ring.  I did miss out on a couple games that I'm not sure when I'm gonna get to like Bayonetta 3, Horizon: Forbidden West, Dying Light 2 (I actually tried to play it, but my PC wasn't having it) and most likely God of War: Ragnarok, but I feel like they still wouldn't quite reach the top level for me.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Favorite game of the year (So Far)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 05:55:53 pm »
I think it's Pokémon Legends Arceus for me. It was just a nice breath of fresh air for the series I hope they do more spin-offs un this style. Personally I'd like to see a Medievil Unova.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is a close second. I liked how it wasn't a retelling of Three House. Also how Shez the main Protagonist isn't just a blank slate that just stood around while conversations were happening around them like Byleth did in Three Houses

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 06:29:52 pm »
Yeah, Elden Ring and it's not even close.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 08:05:01 pm »
I think it's Pokémon Legends Arceus for me. It was just a nice breath of fresh air for the series I hope they do more spin-offs un this style. Personally I'd like to see a Medievil Unova.

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is a close second. I liked how it wasn't a retelling of Three House. Also how Shez the main Protagonist isn't just a blank slate that just stood around while conversations were happening around them like Byleth did in Three Houses

I wanted to like Arceus more, but it's such "Baby's First Open World Game" and I really don't mean that as like "Pokemon is for babies", it's just lacking so much as an open world experience despite us being in 2022 and Pokemon is such a massive franchise where this shouldn't be an issue.  It's one of those games I liked despite the many problems I have with it.  It has me hopeful that Violet/Scarlet is a bit more, but I also know it's Game Freak and they really don't have to put that much extra work into their games.  They'll sell millions of copies no matter what.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 09:40:04 pm »
A Plague Tale Requiem is at the top followed by the Ninja Turtles games.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 01:13:11 am »
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

I don't think I've played a beat em' up since the 90s where I literally wanted to play the entire thing again right after beating it. My expectations were high for it, but it somehow still exceeded them.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 12:39:28 am »
 Soulstice. Berserk meets DMC

alligo

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 04:16:50 am »
Stray, Tunic, Tinykin, Gundam Evolution (despite the current problems).
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 06:33:28 pm »
Stray, Tunic, Tinykin, Gundam Evolution (despite the current problems).

I really enjoyed Gundam Evolution too, but yeah, it's not in the best place unfortunately.  Hoping with the next season they realize they need to kinda overhaul things abit and get some really fun new units brought in.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 12:15:01 am »
Ender Lillies and Paradise Killer for me
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 07:54:58 am »

Isn't Ender Lillies a couple of years old at this point?

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 06:09:58 pm »
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 09:28:56 pm »

Isn't Ender Lillies a couple of years old at this point?
Dunno, I only play physical, so as far as I'm concerned it came out this year.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

kashell

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2022, 09:43:18 am »
Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 06:52:45 am »
I haven't played any new games this year :(