Author Topic: real time updates  (Read 625 times)

htimreimer

real time updates
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:10:27 am »
one of my favorite feature of this forum is the who's online thing but the one thing that i find annoying is having to refresh the page to update the who's online thing and i am think real time updates would fix this
what do you think and is it even possible

teknophyl

Re: real time updates
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:40:12 pm »
one of my favorite feature of this forum is the who's online thing but the one thing that i find annoying is having to refresh the page to update the who's online thing and i am think real time updates would fix this

Without getting into the stateless nature of HTTP, separate AJAX/jQuery implementation, etc... its possible, but the effort isn't necessarily worth the reward.

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:03:36 pm »

Without getting into the stateless nature of HTTP, separate AJAX/jQuery implementation, etc... its possible, but the effort isn't necessarily worth the reward.

Fully agree. It's totally possible but I see little value to it.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:33:30 pm »
... that's a little creepy.

However, I would like this be done for the newest game list on the main site.

scott

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 03:10:58 pm »
However, I would like this be done for the newest game list on the main site.

That would be very nice.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread