Author Topic: Rarest Items in Game Collection?  (Read 1195 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Rarest Items in Game Collection?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 07:38:54 pm »
My most valuable item is probably my CiB EarthBound, but that's not nearly as rare as most would have you believe.

My rarest video game would probably be Super Copa for SNES, or my sealed Majesco White-Label Contra III.

My rarest video-game-related item is likely the vinyl in-store advertising banner I have for Jurassic Park on Sega Genesis/CD and Game Gear.

Yes! I wish I could find Super Copa definitely a rare Snes game.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 01:27:20 am »
When I was a kid I found a 1993 Nintendo Demonstrator's Kit in the trash pile of a department store that just went out of business. It was a kit that either a Nintendo or store employee would use to show off all the newest Nintendo products for the Christmas 1993 season. It included a vest and hat, a special binder with sales talking points and a VHS tape that explained what to do (I've gotta digitize it sometime), 3 Nintendo Player's Guides (Super Mario All-Stars, Mario Paint, and Street Fighter II Turbo), a special pen and mug, a nylon Zelda: Link to the Past advertisement banner, a Nintendo Product Demonstration poster, and a certificate of achievement. It's probably incredibly rare, but sadly I never took great care of all of it as a kid. But surprisingly I still have it all.

I used to have a US Metal Slug X for Neo Geo AES, but I sold it in 2011 for about 800 bucks. It would make my eyes water to find out what it would sell for now.  ::) Same with ClayFighter Sculptor's Cut for N64. I sold it for 250 back in 2014.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 01:30:09 am by zenimus »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 09:59:11 am »
I mostly don’t collect for value, so anything I have that’s “rare” is just through sheer good luck and the fact that I rarely sell anything off.

Unquestionably my rarest item is Clay Fighter Sculptor’s Cut for N64. Bought it directly from Blockbuster back when the local store was selling off their N64 rental inventory.

I don’t really own anything else considered super rare, just a handful of harder-to-find games for various consoles:
PS1 - Castlevania Chronicles, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete with almost untouched Omake Box, Strider 2, Arc the Lad Collection
SNES - Mega Man 7 & X 1-3, Castlevania Dracula X, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Game Boy - Mega Man IV & V

Also, I own 11 old-school Nintendo Game & Watches from my childhood, including Zelda.
Only valuable item I recall selling is Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for GameCube, for $50. Kinda regret it but not really, since we needed the money at the time and I didn’t really like the game anyway.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 10:03:01 am »
Playstation VR2  8)

telekill

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023, 08:51:05 am »
My rarest video-game-related item is likely the vinyl in-store advertising banner I have for Jurassic Park on Sega Genesis/CD and Game Gear.

I'm honestly a bit jealous of that. Love each of those games.

My rarest game is probably Lost World Jurassic Park on the Sega Game Gear. It released in 1997 and was the last game released on the system. Considering the sales gap between Game Gear and Game Boy, I'm betting many overlooked the game.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023, 03:59:09 pm »
The rarest thing I think I have is a 5-screw Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!

Back when Nintendo Age was around, there were only 13 known. I’m sure there’s been more found, but it’s still a pretty rare find.

After that it’ll be some silly something I have that I didn’t even know was rare.