Author Topic: What video game has the smartest playerbase? Requiring most intelligence to play  (Read 1078 times)

Hello Everyone!

I was pondering what game requires the most intelligence to play or master? Which community have you encountered that just seems smarter. The game is just high in it's learning curve to a point where a less intelligent human would fail? At it's endeavors?

For this I exclude any games that originate outside of video gaming. Such as chess, chinese checkers and poker. I also ban trivia games because they solely exist to test intelligence. Only video games that are known as video games primarily :)

For me here are some

TETRIS

Easy to play. Difficult to master. Much like chess. Each move to a tetris expert is planned 10 or so turns ahead. It's like life in them rectangular prisms of passion. In a sense you don't break the blocks down. They break you down. Fortify your will. Intense hand eye cordination. Lots of on the fly problem solving. It requires some brain.

League Of Legends Or Most MMORPGS

I feel I have never met a dumb person who binges games like WOW, League, Dungeons and Dragons and folklore rpg games. They require knowing and memorizing an inventory to plan for future events much like geniuses do in real life. Elite players often are masterful in battle strategies. Gameplanning. Knowing different combinations to equal most efficient avenues to victory. A little math. Lots of problem solving. Plus a insatiable hunger for perfection. Index fingers like 87 Hulk Hogan. Space Bar that smells of Jobba The Hutt's Pitts. But a brain that operates on par with their system. Elite level.

Final Fantasy

Idk what it is. Ive just never met an unintelligent FF fan. Falls into the rpg area I guess. But it's just you gotta have the ability to plan. Potions, elixirs, strengths and weakness, follow plot, follow direction.

What fanbase of gamer packs the most IQ in your opinion?

You can also share your opinions on less smart playerbases. Or your iq below.

Don't read below unless project maine coon cat operative.

Jade, Limestone, and Uranium. Two magnetic slabs. 5 point axis of copper conduits. Acting as a center hub for a polarity inverter. You need a frame constructed of ancient amber stone. As it is the only rock in sync with the earth's core propulsion. This method can and will alter the time space continuum. But it's a matter of creating an expansion of energy strong enough to power it. The power to create the worm hole through all of time can be gained through harnassing the power of tectonic plate shifts or lightning.

Contact a Doctor Liepold Steiner. He'll take it from there. He and I have worked on the genome of virus that the bot fly uses to take control over dead brain cells. We have isolated it in it's purest form. Have had great success with Hares but less Success with monkeys. With your altering of time space, by now we should have perfected the virus strand due to scientific wonders beyond our knowlege and be capable of creating zombie hoardes to declare intergalactic war against the UN and take over Mars. We can conquer the world you and I. I will give you the Oceans my son. The Trees will seek their revenge.

Meet at cordinates (32.579647, -97.073395)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:31:29 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

telekill

Fortnite.

Come at me bro.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 12:52:13 pm by emporerdragon »

I can't come up with any good example of one specific game, that extraordinarilly requires much intelligence to master, but since the thread-opening autor mentioned Final Fantasy, I want to add that many tactical JRPGS or strategic games tend to have quite a smart playerbase. Open-World games containing farming and crafting also appeal to intelligent people, because their brains get stimulated by being challenged. The bigger the game, the more complex parameters and tactical possibilities get, the more appealing it is for smart people. That're my thoughts about it oo ....
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

tripredacus

Minecraft Redstone and Command Block Engineers.

Not within the question, as the Minecraft playerbase is certainly not the answer. What one person can do is not a playerbase. If anything Minecraft were to be used as an example, it would be GregTech Nominfactory modpack. Some mods can really break your brain, especially the ones based on real world chemistry or physics such as Anti-Matter Chemistry or NuclearCraft.

Minecraft Redstone and Command Block Engineers.

Not within the question, as the Minecraft playerbase is certainly not the answer. What one person can do is not a playerbase. If anything Minecraft were to be used as an example, it would be GregTech Nominfactory modpack. Some mods can really break your brain, especially the ones based on real world chemistry or physics such as Anti-Matter Chemistry or NuclearCraft.

Yeah.  You'd have to pick a more niche game than Minecraft if you want to talk about the whole playerbase.  I was thinking something like Kerbal Space Program.

sworddude

proffesor layton series, I'd say most of the playerbase is smart there. Might not be a game series that will attract everyone and it's pretty charming. Definitely has some brain breakers.

Old school finanicial games like Aerobizz on sega genesis. Really doubt the average guy is playing those.

If where talking more popular stuff. older entries in civilization would have a majority of the playerbase that is smart. it ain't interesting for allot of folks.

Most verhicle simulators probably also not to attractive to the average joe, I'd imagine most of the playerbase being smart there aswell. than again I can hardly qualify those as games but they technically are.

I personally don't think that many of the more popular rpg's or MMORPG's qualify considering the barrier of entry is quite low. Especially nowadays They where made so that as many people as possible can finish them. also with allot of old rpg's ye got a few easy strats that usually work it ain't to complicated.

Unless where talking the super old school rpg's since those need more imagination. stuff like early entries in Ultima, Might & magic. especially at the time Majority of the playerbase was probably pretty smart.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 03:30:45 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

The community playing the Zachtronics games seems (seemed?) pretty smart overall.

Warmsignal

IMO, turn based strategy games and JRPGs. I usually can't even fully comprehend these games, which is why I don't see the fun in playing them. It's too much figuring. I don't want to figure, or manage a hundred different attributes while I'm playing a video game. I just want to explore environments, engage in some hand-eye coordination, or get memorized in zen like game-play. One exception might be the more creative side of "simulation" type games, which I do sometimes become engrossed in.

So yeah, Wall Street Kid, Final Fantasy, Command and Conquer, that kind of stuff.

turf

PRO Supporter

Have y’all ever played a game online?  Gamers are all idiots.

Seriously though, I’d say something like a XCOM or something super-strategical. I know I’m not smart enough to play those. I’m over here playing Mario Kart.

alligo

thorny question
Have y’all ever played a game online?  Gamers are all idiots.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

kypherion

Not gonna lie the question is kind of strange, but I'll bite.

Probably an RTS or hack n' slash of some sort. I haven't seen many fools beat Ninja Gaiden on the harder difficulties.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

kashell

Any iteration of chess.

pzeke

What video game player base is the smartest?

Roblox, obviously.

Anyway, I think this still relates to the topic, so I'll leave it here.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 07:30:52 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

I'd expect hardcore CRPGs to be pretty high on the list. There is a lot of math behind... and in front of the curtain. Joggling base stats, skill levels, treats, perks, status effects, ap cost, cooldown times and half a dozen modifiers for each of these. It's like playing XCOM or Jagged Alliance with a few more layers of complexity on top.

Another one I wouldn't be surprised about are business sims.