Author Topic: Metacritic Scores  (Read 1464 times)

jason

Metacritic Scores
« on: April 06, 2023, 04:59:26 pm »
I've added some Metacritic scores for some of the Dreamcast games for the moment. They appear at the bottom on the left sidebar under the disc art and disc.

Sample Page: https://vgcollect.com/item/8198

Re: Metacritic Scores
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 06:54:04 pm »
Very cool.

Not sure how you're doing it, but if it were (even a one time) editable field, could let folks speed up the process of rolling it out to entries.

jason

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 07:29:15 pm »
Very cool.

Not sure how you're doing it, but if it were (even a one time) editable field, could let folks speed up the process of rolling it out to entries.

You're right! That's what I need to do next to help streamline the process.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 08:03:38 pm »
If a feature like this is present on entry pages, I think that it should be separated from the image column.

A one-time edit limit wouldn't work as many scores update over time as additional reviews are submitted. With that said, I'm personally of the opinion that adding an edit field for something like this is counterproductive as this information isn't tied to the actual item in any way as it's only trivia. Having information pertaining to the item itself should be the focus of the database, which is how most other editable fields aside from Genre and Release Date serve their purpose currently. With trivia like this which I would consider tertiary, it should be automatically updated just as the PriceCharting field is.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:17:03 pm by dhaabi »

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 02:08:22 pm »
Very nice  :) feature

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 04:06:09 pm »
Great Idea Thank you !

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 09:54:40 pm »
If a feature like this is present on entry pages, I think that it should be separated from the image column.

A one-time edit limit wouldn't work as many scores update over time as additional reviews are submitted. With that said, I'm personally of the opinion that adding an edit field for something like this is counterproductive as this information isn't tied to the actual item in any way as it's only trivia. Having information pertaining to the item itself should be the focus of the database, which is how most other editable fields aside from Genre and Release Date serve their purpose currently. With trivia like this which I would consider tertiary, it should be automatically updated just as the PriceCharting field is.
I was operating under the assumption that he was pulling the value from Metacritic on the fly and not setting it manually.  So I meant like "Here's a field, enter the URL for the metacritic page for this game"

jason

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 10:57:03 pm »
Update: Added n64 titles.

jason

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 04:51:26 pm »
Sony PSP games have been added thanks to ignition365! :) Really appreciate the help!

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2023, 06:00:20 pm »
Awesome feature.  Loving all of the new stuff Jason.  Keep it up - we appreciate it so much.

jason

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 10:11:22 am »
Wii U [NA] scores have been added thanks to ignition365!

jason

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 04:36:36 pm »
Working through the PS2 [NA] game scores. I've got about the first 200 done so far.

Edit: at 400 now.
Edit: at 500 now.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 08:24:28 am by jason »

jason

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 03:25:13 pm »
Finished adding Switch entries.

dhaabi

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 06:23:58 pm »

Nintendo Switch entries are not complete as of this post. Currently, only NA entries for physical items have all (presumably) been worked on. Other regional categories and the entries within them do not show Metacritic scores, and neither does any digital Nintendo Switch category.

jason

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2023, 07:28:38 pm »

Yes. I'm currently focusing on the NA region at the moment.
Nintendo Switch entries are not complete as of this post. Currently, only NA entries for physical items have all (presumably) been worked on. Other regional categories and the entries within them do not show Metacritic scores, and neither does any digital Nintendo Switch category.