Author Topic: DK Oldies? A scandal, or just another smear campaign?  (Read 3544 times)

sworddude

Re: DK Oldies? A scandal, or just another smear campaign?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2023, 07:15:50 pm »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

gummo

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2023, 05:27:27 am »
...or, is there a more logical explanation? Like, someone slacking on the job, quality control missing, unchecked consoles getting mixed up, or missed occasionally. Basically, making mistakes?
[...]
    The unboxing videos corroborate the ex-employee's story . Even if you continue to ignore all of the dirt , filth , and broken pieces that people have found inside DKO consoles , some of those consoles still had their original factory tamper-proof seals intact so explain that .

You're just going around in circles at this point.
I guess I can pretend that it's a couple of extremely minor problems here and there too if that's preferable .

You asked "How do you explain that?" in response to a post that already offered explanations.  You don't have to agree with them, but pretending like you're asking something new that hasn't been addressed is disingenuous.
Sorry , I agree with you that the explanation that they simply have incompetent employees was a blanket cover-all explanation that should also cover the last question that I asked . 

gummo

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2023, 06:58:29 am »
Here's a link to the ex-employee discussing DKOldies' policy at the time of the scandal . Interesting if you haven't seen it . I apologize that the original channel appears to be taken down so this is actually a reaction to it by Jacob R . The whole video is actually pretty good , but this link starts in the middle at Jigsore :
https://youtu.be/9iFipRH547o?t=825

He has been confirmed to have worked at DKO :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHilLPchtSY

kashell

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2023, 09:27:07 am »
All tea - I never even heard of DK Oldies until this topic came up, haha.

Warmsignal

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2023, 01:02:15 pm »
I think folks are getting DK Oldies mixed up with DK Newies. I suspect that place might actually be a scam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCmB6blM9EY

gummo

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2023, 03:29:58 am »
There’s supposed to be a DKO PS4 opening on YouTube Friday to see if they’ve really started cleaning consoles out. Should be interesting.

Edit - Yep , interesting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZfqKSYOp3Y
1 Sent an original PS4 instead of the more expensive PS4 Slim that he ordered
2 Still had the previous owner's account (not factory reset)
3 Still has factory Sony seals
4 Filthy inside

« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:54:38 am by gummo »

gummo

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2023, 10:31:16 am »
Here's a guy that sent some games in to sell to DKO and they didn't pay him for some of them , which arguably could've been a mistake except now they won't even respond to him about it , totally ghosting him . There's an actual disclaimer on the DKO website that says they're just going to confiscate anything that you send them that they think they can't sell for any reason .
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfZ4b8-RQs

gummo

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2023, 04:50:56 pm »
A recent positive Sega Genesis unboxing by ReviewTechUSA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTuN7Aqzrk
A recent positive Gamecube experience by Retro Gaming Guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMjQGu1Hi-o&t
Things are looking up as far as cleaning goes .

gummo

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2023, 07:50:58 am »
DKOldies now finally details their refurbishment process on the website :

REFURBISH & INSPECTION PROCESS
DKOldies evolves this refurbish and inspection process regularly based on customer feedback and will continue to modify this process as time goes on.

Consoles
For every console to be considered in working order the following must apply:
Multiple different games ranging in duration must work without issue on the first or second try.
All controller and accessory ports must work.
Power button/switch turns the console on and off.
The TV port must display video and audio using a modern flat screen TV display.
Reset button restarts the console.*
*Acceptable condition N64, Genesis, NES, SNES reset buttons may not function.

Every console goes through all steps of our detailed cleaning process listed below.
Opened exposing the inner components of the console and dirt or debris inside of the console and inside the lid is blown out using air compressors.
If there is anything that cannot be blown out, the inside of the console is cleaned by hand. Rust, discoloration and visual deficiencies not included.
Consoles that have been previously repaired by DKOldies will be opened to the motherboard and all the components recleaned.
All consoles that are deemed as not functioning and go through our repair process are opened in order to troubleshoot and repair each component that is causing the console to not be functioning in its playable state.  Once the console is repaired and is considered functioning, all components are assembled and will go back through the DKOldies’ testing process.
The exterior shell of a unit that protects the inner components is cleaned from all residue, dirt, debris, sticky substances, and foreign objects. Rust, discoloration and visual deficiencies not included.
Any screws removed from the console during any of DKOldies’ repair processes are reinstalled and screws deemed non vital may be repositioned or not used for internal auditing purposes.
If the console does not work, repairs may be made with third party parts. The console can go through any or all of these steps until it is working or it will be deemed unsaleable on DKOldies.com.
Outer shell of the console removed.
Motherboard inspected.
Components, such as hard drive, power supply, controller ports, cables, power button, heat shields, disc assembly, cartridge slots, pin connectors, fans, battery, etc. may be replaced.
Capacitors or a damaged solder connection repaired or replaced.
May receive a laser adjustment or laser replacement.
Replace thermal paste, if needed.
Good Condition vs Acceptable Condition
Good Used Condition Console
Consoles that will look good and work, free of dirt and debris.

Free from stickers, writing, major chips or cracks and major discoloration.
May show minor signs of age and use.
Acceptable Condition Console
Consoles that don’t look so good, but still work*, free of dirt and debris.

Acceptable cosmetic condition.
May have stickers, writing, major chips or cracks and/or major discoloration.
May show major signs of age and use.
*Acceptable condition N64, Genesis, NES, SNES reset buttons may not function.

pzeke

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2023, 10:03:30 pm »
Ah yes, DKOldies, the current titleholder of the scummiest online video game store, owned and managed by Drew Steimel, who's otherwise better known as that one Grade A dumbass that destroyed not one, but two iQue GBAs. Chef's kiss.

I must say, going through this thread sure was a treat; you never fail to disappoint, Warm-and-brown. You bitch and moan about how prices are high and keep raising, how hard is to collect, how your sanity is often split asunder by the hobby and all that other cockamamie you often blether on about, yet here you are defending a "smol bidness" that decided to get into the business of selling video games in the most egregiously dishonest way possible.

I mean...

Yeah, I just can't get behind any business taking the lazy route and wanting to base their prices on someone else's prices. If you're going to do that, at least beat your competitor's prices. Don't look em up on eBay, either. If you're pricing isn't any different from anyone else, then why should people buy from you? Maybe try a more honest model and price them based on what you think they'd be worth given the condition, the age, the type of game, etc. I know some places that actually do that. But in order to do it that way, you have to be someone who actually cares and knows about games, not just a person who flips and resells things.

Somehow calling you a hypocrite doesn't quite say it. Reminds me of that Oingo Boingo song: "You're an imposter / You don't believe what you write".

Anyway, I'll leave this and this here for anyone interested; they're a month old, but still relevant.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2023, 06:48:39 pm »
And since your order got picked, I'm throwing in a keychain.

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2023, 07:03:56 pm »
everyone who is moral and good is getting shutdown, while the bad people are winning, I am also working my ass off to save whatever I can from people who sue just to create more bad things to do more bad things to good people, JN is to blame for everything, and I put up with her for life in prison.

PH Judy Neideffer and her real Facebook profile is currently invisible, ever wonder why we still hear B52's sometimes over our heads sometimes when there is no airplanes in the skylines?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 07:14:42 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2023, 10:26:05 am »
everyone who is moral and good is getting shutdown, while the bad people are winning, I am also working my ass off to save whatever I can from people who sue just to create more bad things to do more bad things to good people, JN is to blame for everything, and I put up with her for life in prison.

PH Judy Neideffer and her real Facebook profile is currently invisible, ever wonder why we still hear B52's sometimes over our heads sometimes when there is no airplanes in the skylines?

Something must be wrong (again). I hear Rock Lobster above my head, not the plane.

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2023, 01:13:20 pm »

Something must be wrong (again). I hear Rock Lobster above my head, not the plane.

I do rock back in forth all the time even without a rocking chair to sit in anymore, tracker yellow plant yea see? but the car is empty and recyclable.

My name is Justin Wright and oppose Will, I might live across the street from you wolf, I love holidays too, and even stick up for scary day, and sometimes even give out good candy, and not bad stuff, or any apples, but I don't always do that stuff especially when I am sick.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 01:42:39 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"