Author Topic: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest  (Read 1934 times)

Re: Playstation Showcase - Summer Game Fest
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2023, 01:34:07 am »
That was a very U shaped presentation in terms of my personal enjoyment; MK1 has me so hyped I might just buy it day 1 even though it'll get a butt load of DLC and the inevitable "Ultimate" version in a couple of years once all the DLC has been released. Then there was the FF7:Rebirth trailer that looked incredible! Having even two games that get me this excited from one of these presentations is a total novelty these past 4 or 5 years, so I was very pleased overall with the Summer Games Fest.

On a side note, has anyone heard LRG doing their E3ish presentation anytime soon?

telekill

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2023, 08:22:53 am »
Looking again over everything shown, Under the Waves actually looks interesting. Apparently it's being published by Quantic Dream (Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, etc). Still waiting for them to announce a wizard game based on their tech demo though.

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2023, 02:11:18 pm »
I gotta go back and catch up on the shows from yesterday but watching Xbox live.

I'd be interested in seeing gameplay of South of Midnight.

Dungeons of Hinterberg looked alright.

Maybe PC Gaming Show will deliver.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2023, 02:15:57 pm »
Xbox Showcase was today.  Unfortunately, very little for me here.  I wanted to be more interested in Star Wars: Outlaw, but it's an Ubisoft game, who knows what that'll be like.  Starfield could be okay, but it lacks the character of Fallout to me and I want to see how it turns out at launch for obvious reasons.  Honestly, the only things that interested were Jusant and Dungeons of Hinterberg, for some reason those games had a unique appeal to me and it's nice when more smallscale games can do that for me. 

Otherwise, this wasn't really any better than the Playstation showcase for me personally.  Skipping on the Starfield showcase, as I am struggling to care about the game.  Maybe that could actually build up interest, but I'll wait for the VOD so I can just skim through it.  I feel if I had a new PC that could take advantage of the game, I'd muster up a little more interest, but with my PC seeing better days and likely to struggle abit, especially if it has launch issues, I'm just not as huge for it, and with no Xbox, I can't play it on console anyways.  Who knows, maybe as I see more, see uncut, unguided, gameplay stuff, that'll change my view on the game.

telekill

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2023, 03:04:54 pm »
Wait... did the Xbox show still not have Indiana Jones even with the new movie coming out?  ???

I'm wondering if that game is vaporware.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2023, 04:32:10 pm »
Oh, Jusant, one of the two games that perked me up at the show as being kinda interesting, is also on PS5, so the only Xbox exclusive that interested me at the show, was Dungeons of Hinterberg lol Not super exciting.

Also I didn't realize it, but it's the 25th anniversary of Banjo-Kazooie this month and they did nothing for it, which is very sad.  I'd take anything at this point.  Sequel, remake, remaster, or just getting easier access to the HD remasters of the game, which is stuck on Xbox consoles currently, but would be great to have on PC.  Like I just need to be able to play Rare Replay on PC, that would be so nice lol
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:28:55 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2023, 06:22:24 pm »
Stampede: Racing Royale looks like a decent free to play game.

Parcel Corps would have me more excited if Bomb Rush Cyberfunk didn't also have bikes.

Atomic Picnic looked okay.

My Friendly Neighborhood looked interesting, apparently it already had its run on YouTube without me noticing.

Bloomtown looked fine.

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2023, 10:28:06 pm »
I didn't watch the PC Gaming Show, but glancing at some stuff, there were  a few interesting games.

Road to Vostok - Seems like a mix of STALKER and Escape from Tarkov, though I think it's a singleplayer experience

Chimera - From the devs who made Green Hell, they are doing a scifi survival game in a similar vein, which could be cool, I liked Green Hell.

*EDIT*
Skimmed through the generally more important bits of the Starfield Direct and wasn't really that blown away.  Hearing about there being a 1,000 worlds is actually a massive negative for the game, because it means a lot of it is probably just procedurally generated stuff like No Man's Sky and is mostly just gonna be pointless fluff.  There will be crafted worlds and some other stuff, but no one needs a 1,000 worlds.  Aspects like that and the kinda bland aesthetics just don't do much for me.  That part isn't bad, but it feels kinda lacking compared to Elder Scrolls and Fallout.  They showed off a number of space suits, and they are just...space suits.  Guess just a fault of their choice to go for a more realistic tone to things.  Maybe there will be more to it, but being that this was the big thing to hype it up, I wasn't drawn in.

If I had to point out something decent, the ship customization looked pretty dope, that was certainly a highlight.  I'm sure I'd like the game in general, it's the same sorta Fallout/Elder Scrolls setup, which I can get lost in, but I just don't have the hype.  Maybe down the road after it's out and people have put it through the ringer, I can see what I think about it, but I'll probably pass on it when it comes out.  I mean, it's a Bethesda game too, things probably gonna filled to the gills with bugs that'll need to be cleaned up lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 03:43:26 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2023, 12:43:10 pm »
Ubisoft starting now and Capcom later today.

Ubisoft cancelled the PS4 version of my most anticipated game, XDefiant.

Jet Set Radio will be in their game Roller Champions.

Rayman will be in Mario + Rabbids Spark of Hope DLC.

Riders Republic is adding skateboarding.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 01:52:17 pm by weirdfeline »

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2023, 03:02:08 pm »
I didn't watch the Ubisoft event, but the only thing for me was the Star Wars: Outlaw gameplay stuff.  I am very interested being a Star Wars game not about Jedi, and it's open world for Star Wars which is neat, but it's also an Ubisoft open world game and I think I heard it's made by the Division team, so it has me VERY cautious.  I want it to be good, but Ubisoft open world games have been rough for so long.  I stopped caring about their Far Cry games with the 5th one, Assassin's Creed has hit peak open world bloat, I never really liked the Division, but that's more of a gameplay reason for that, so hopefully they handled this one differently, but we'll see.

Looking forward to the Capcom event, I'm not expecting anything huge, mostly just hoping to see the Resident Evil 4 DLC, maybe a new Mega Man collection for Legends, and I guess my one hope would be Monster Hunter World 2, but that might be too early for that with Rise just finishing up this month I believe.

*EDIT*
Bah, nothing at the Capcom show for me, just turned it off at Dragon's Dogma 2 since they said that was the last game.  Kind of a bummer, nothing new, mostly just a showcase to recap stuff and a delay for that Pragmata game, though they did show off a tiny bit of gameplay and it's an action game with you carrying a kid around on your back.  I thought Resident Evil 4 DLC was a given, but I guess they aren't releasing it anytime soon.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 06:37:54 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telekill

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2023, 08:26:54 pm »
This has been an absolutely atrocious year for getting me hyped for gaming. Great for the wallet. Horrible for my hobby. 90% sure now that PS5 will be my last system.

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2023, 09:58:37 pm »
Xbox Showcase was today.  Unfortunately, very little for me here.  I wanted to be more interested in Star Wars: Outlaw, but it's an Ubisoft game, who knows what that'll be like.  Starfield could be okay, but it lacks the character of Fallout to me and I want to see how it turns out at launch for obvious reasons.  Honestly, the only things that interested were Jusant and Dungeons of Hinterberg, for some reason those games had a unique appeal to me and it's nice when more smallscale games can do that for me. 

Otherwise, this wasn't really any better than the Playstation showcase for me personally.  Skipping on the Starfield showcase, as I am struggling to care about the game.  Maybe that could actually build up interest, but I'll wait for the VOD so I can just skim through it.  I feel if I had a new PC that could take advantage of the game, I'd muster up a little more interest, but with my PC seeing better days and likely to struggle abit, especially if it has launch issues, I'm just not as huge for it, and with no Xbox, I can't play it on console anyways.  Who knows, maybe as I see more, see uncut, unguided, gameplay stuff, that'll change my view on the game.

The only things that got me excited at the XBOX showcase were all the Atlus games (which are coming to Playstation also) and the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC. I was not a fan of CP2077's ending so it's nice to see this is potentially a way of fixing it.

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2023, 10:00:09 pm »
This has been an absolutely atrocious year for getting me hyped for gaming. Great for the wallet. Horrible for my hobby. 90% sure now that PS5 will be my last system.

I've been hyped for several games announced since the Playstation showcase, but the impending future of no physical media is what is going to drive me away for good. Until that happens, I'll enjoy what few new game announcements there are that get me hyped.

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2023, 11:51:28 pm »
Here is everything announced since the Playstation Showcase up the the Ubisoft conference today that I'm hyped about so far. I'm splitting the hype into 3 categories since some of these games I'm significantly more excited about than others.

Extreme Hype
-Mortal Kombat 1
-Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth

Moderate Hype
-Phantom Blade 0
-Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
-Metaphor Re Fantazio
-Persona 3 Reload

Interested in, but not necessarily hyped
-Sonic Superstars
-Star Wars Outlaws

Games that have been announced for a while that I'm hyped about
-Armored Core 6
-Final Fantasy XVI

While I know isn't E3, it feels enough like it to where I've been very content with the schedule of "conferences" that have been happening. All that's missing is Nintendo to announce a Direct before the end of the week and I'll be completely satisfied. I don't think I've had this many games I've been excited about since E3 2016 or 2017. As I said in a previous post, I would like to enjoy modern gaming as much as possible before they go all digital and it won't matter how cool a game looks since I won't be paying anywhere close to full price for it when it comes out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 12:00:51 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2023, 01:56:48 am »
Extreme Hype
Could you elaborate on this? I assume you're already a fan of the world so that probably helps?