Author Topic: New Ratings added  (Read 960 times)

tripredacus

New Ratings added
« on: May 17, 2023, 11:07:30 am »
Some new rating options were added. Didn't go crazy, just some of the more popular ones.

ACB - G8+ (Australia)
aDeSe - TP (Spain)
aDeSe - +13 (Spain)
aDeSe - +16 (Spain)
aDeSe - +18 (Spain)
ClassInd - ER (Brazil)
ClassInd - L (Brazil)
ClassInd - 10 (Brazil)
ClassInd - 12 (Brazil)
ClassInd - 14 (Brazil)
ClassIng - 18 (Brazil)
PEGI - 4 (Europe)
RARS - 0+ (Russia)
RARS - 6+ (Russia)
RARS - 12+ (Russia)
RARS - 16+ (Russia)
RARS - 18+ (Russia)
SELL - Pour Tous Publics (France)
SELL - 12 (France)
SELL - 16 (France)
SELL - 18 (France)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 11:31:53 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

Re: New Ratings added
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 11:14:22 am »
PEGI - 7 PEGI - 4 (Europe)

You may as well add the final PEGI 11 rating too.

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 12:28:58 pm »
GSRR ratings would also be worthwhile to add, considering we have dedicated TW categories.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 12:41:33 pm »
You could also consider adding the Mexican rating system (SMECCV).

jason

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 05:47:01 pm »
Thanks for adding these!

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 10:01:05 am »
You could also consider adding the Mexican rating system (SMECCV).

Is that the same as this?
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8623.msg189847.html#msg189847

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2023, 10:17:06 am »
GSRR and SMECCV added

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 02:12:18 pm »
Some new rating options were added. Didn't go crazy, just some of the more popular ones.

ACB - G8+ (Australia)
aDeSe - TP (Spain)
aDeSe - +13 (Spain)
aDeSe - +16 (Spain)
aDeSe - +18 (Spain)
ClassInd - ER (Brazil)
ClassInd - L (Brazil)
ClassInd - 10 (Brazil)
ClassInd - 12 (Brazil)
ClassInd - 14 (Brazil)
ClassIng - 18 (Brazil)
PEGI - 4 (Europe)
RARS - 0+ (Russia)
RARS - 6+ (Russia)
RARS - 12+ (Russia)
RARS - 16+ (Russia)
RARS - 18+ (Russia)
SELL - Pour Tous Publics (France)
SELL - 12 (France)
SELL - 16 (France)
SELL - 18 (France)

thank you very much for adding the Brazilian ClassInd

dhaabi

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 10:24:39 am »

telly

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2023, 12:49:39 pm »
Has there been any discussion on how to rate games that have both VRC and ESRB? There's very few of them, but it bothered me that you can only pick one rating for either one game or the other.

Example: https://vgcollect.com/item/9363
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dhaabi

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 01:38:41 pm »
Like other games with multiple ratings, one or the other should just be chosen. Generally, ratings should be prioritized based on an item's release location. If I were submitting a new entry with both ESRB and VRC ratings, I'd personally prioritize the latter only because it's at least platform-specific. This isn't to say that any entry prioritizing ESRB should be changed, though.

One day, ridiculous items like Resident Evil 3 Not for Resale will be able to have all ratings formally mentioned instead of utilizing the Description field.

telly

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2023, 01:48:39 pm »
Like other games with multiple ratings, one or the other should just be chosen. Generally, ratings should be prioritized based on an item's release location. If I were submitting a new entry with both ESRB and VRC ratings, I'd personally prioritize the latter only because it's at least platform-specific. This isn't to say that any entry prioritizing ESRB should be changed, though.

One day, ridiculous items like Resident Evil 3 Not for Resale will be able to have all ratings formally mentioned instead of utilizing the Description field.

But that's one game with different regional ratings, whereas the example I posted has two separate games with two different ratings for each, so in theory I think it should be treated differently (I understand we don't have the capacity to apply more than 1 rating to a game)
Currently Playing:

dhaabi

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2023, 02:37:35 pm »
But that's one game with different regional ratings, whereas the example I posted has two separate games with two different ratings for each, so in theory I think it should be treated differently (I understand we don't have the capacity to apply more than 1 rating to a game)

They're slightly different situations, so here is another more similar although still not the exact same circumstance. Silent Hill Complete Set includes four games each packaged in separate cases. Three games feature CERO 15 ratings, one features CERO C. No rating on the outer box is present.

Here is an even more similar comparison. 2005 Toukyou Game Show Bandai Namco Booth Haifu Disc is comprised of several demos on one disc, but two separate CERO ratings are present.

Those are probably the closest examples I'll be able to find. The item you're asking about has an incredibly specific and unusual circumstance where two different rating systems from the same region are present. I just don't think there are many other instances to warrant some specific preference as to which rating is submitted to the Rating field between VRC and ESRB. Perhaps there are EU items with both ELSPA and PEGI ratings, but I don't think I've encountered any before, and that's probably going to be the only other instance where we can expect it to really occur, if it occurs at all.

Personally, I'd rather leave the field blank than supplying information for only one, but either would be fine to submit, technically.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:39:46 pm by dhaabi »

telly

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2023, 09:30:29 am »
Given that we're already covering some very niche Rating situations in the style guide like with the AO release of GTA San Andreas I don't think it hurts to clarify situations like these too. The example one I provided and the ones you provided are all situations that don't appear to be covered adequately.
Currently Playing: