Author Topic: Edit button losing data on collection page  (Read 753 times)

Edit button losing data on collection page
« on: July 14, 2023, 05:22:58 pm »
This is similar to the bug I reported on item page (https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,12398.0.html)... but much worse.  This involves data loss.

Click the image - apparently forum does not support animated gifs.  Year and cost are lost on updates.

Re: Edit button losing data on collection page
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 07:35:54 pm »
When I want to add a date purchased to a game in my collection, the price that was inputted previously disappears. When I go back in to add the cost back in, the year of purchase I just entered disappears. When I go in once again to enter the year back in, the cost disappears again.

I’m using Mozilla Firefox.

Will there be a fix to this?

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 09:59:50 am »
Verified. Will add to list.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 10:13:02 am »
Workaround for now. When you hit edit, notice that the year drop-down is set to year instead of the actual year value. Make sure to change this every time. For the cost field, the text need to be removed entirely.

So if you have an item in collection with a purchase date set, and edit it to add a cost and do not fix the year, then the year will become 0000.
If you do this edit and do not remove the text from the cost field, the cost will show 0.00

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 11:40:45 pm »
Thank you. This relieves the frustration of entering in data at least. It didn't always behave this way. This started a couple months ago.

Hopefully this flaw is fixed in the future.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 09:26:41 am »
apparently forum does not support animated gifs.

Sure it does. Perhaps try another image host.

jason

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 08:07:53 am »
Sorry about that. I was pulling in the descriptor text too and it was throwing it off. Please let me know if this resolves things.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2023, 08:51:51 pm »
No need to apologize.  Thanks for fixing it.  FYI to others - had to do a Shift+F5 in Chrome to avoid cached version of the site.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 09:38:50 am »
Sorry about that. I was pulling in the descriptor text too and it was throwing it off. Please let me know if this resolves things.

Yes, the problem is fixed. Thank you so much.

BinaryMessiah

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 10:07:55 pm »
Still happening to me. I just lost a bunch of edits today without realizing this was happening. I went back and changed everything, dozens of items are either at 0.00 or 0000 for year.

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 10:48:03 am »
You may be using cached info. Use Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5 to do a hard refresh of the page.