Author Topic: Edit button broken on item page  (Read 712 times)

Edit button broken on item page
« on: June 24, 2023, 02:00:56 am »
Just noticed this earlier today (not sure how long it has been broken).

https://vgcollect.com/item/14022

jason

Re: Edit button broken on item page
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 03:18:43 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. Looking...

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 08:45:42 pm »
No problem.  May also be a good opportunity to change to this style button.  Thought to reduce code complexity: also maybe remove the on-hover for PC and touch for mobile and just have them always visible.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 07:24:10 pm »

Any luck?  I bought so much stuff recently and editing to add a manual, etc. is a royal pain.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 11:18:40 pm »
Does editing items from your Collection page not work? This is the most direct way to make such changes. Such method still works for me after confirming again just now.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 11:29:50 pm »
Does editing items from your Collection page not work? This is the most direct way to make such changes. Such method still works for me after confirming again just now.

I just went through a stack of ~30 Wii games I bought.  I either use the https://vgcollect.com/browse/wii page or the search function to find each game.  Typically the browse page because I want to make sure I pick the correct variant, which I may miss in the direct search function.

I may or may not have the game already.  In the case I do have the game, on the item page I want to see the details (cost/date/etc.) on the item page's "Your Stuff" tab.  Instead of just being able to click "edit" since I have the manual or other inserts now, I have to open up a new tab, and navigate through multiple pages of my Wii collection to edit.  It is a pain to not be able to edit/delete from the item page.

dhaabi

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 11:53:01 pm »
I may or may not have the game already.  In the case I do have the game, on the item page I want to see the details (cost/date/etc.) on the item page's "Your Stuff" tab.  Instead of just being able to click "edit" since I have the manual or other inserts now, I have to open up a new tab, and navigate through multiple pages of my Wii collection to edit.  It is a pain to not be able to edit/delete from the item page.

If your preferred route to edit collection items is to sift through an entire category's pages to then open individual entry pages, it seems much more efficient to instead utilize the Collection tab. However, this isn't to say that the option to complete the action from the Your Stuff tab on entry pages should be removed, though.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 11:59:30 pm »
The preferred route would be the search since it eliminates the need to guestimate which page (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) has the correct letter game I am looking for - from either the collection or browse.  In any event, I agree it can be done via collections, just wanted to report the bug as it has been a great feature to be able to edit/delete from the item page.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2023, 04:59:53 pm »

Any luck finding the root cause of this one Jason?  Thanks as always for all you do.  Awesome site.