Author Topic: Secret Santa 2023?  (Read 997 times)

Secret Santa 2023?
« on: September 15, 2023, 10:41:21 am »
Is there going to be a Secret Santa this year?

I would be down for it if there were.

telly

Re: Secret Santa 2023?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 03:43:57 pm »
I'm interested in another year  :)

In the words of Mariah Carey IT'S TIMEEEE
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 11:49:16 am »
I think the good times begin around the first of October or so. Crazy how soon that is - this year is flying by!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 11:50:33 am »
Hell yeah!!!!!!

jason

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 10:44:00 pm »
Yeet! Where'd the time go?!

telly

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 02:20:34 pm »
We started sign ups around the end of September last year so now seems like a good time?
Currently Playing:

dhaabi

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 08:54:59 am »
I don't know whether soera wants to continue their role in being the event organizer, but there's reason to suspect they want to move on. They've also visited the forums on more than one occasion since this topic began, but they've not mentioned anything one way or the other.

10 years of 100% success. This has been a great time for me ... but it may be my last one to host. Lots of life changes going on and (depending on how everything goes from here on out) I may be stepping out of the game collecting life. Will continue to support the few series I like but other than that, I am considering seriously backing off everything else. :)

If community interest is still present but with no one to organize the event, I don't mind taking on that role if no one has issue with it. Really, I'd just be disappointed to see a long-lasting community tradition not come to fruition for whatever reason when it's still something people want. If there isn't any issue, I can prepare a formal topic this upcoming Monday, October 9.

telly

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2023, 09:12:10 am »
I don't know whether soera wants to continue their role in being the event organizer, but there's reason to suspect they want to move on. They've also visited the forums on more than one occasion since this topic began, but they've not mentioned anything one way or the other.

10 years of 100% success. This has been a great time for me ... but it may be my last one to host. Lots of life changes going on and (depending on how everything goes from here on out) I may be stepping out of the game collecting life. Will continue to support the few series I like but other than that, I am considering seriously backing off everything else. :)

If community interest is still present but with no one to organize the event, I don't mind taking on that role if no one has issue with it. Really, I'd just be disappointed to see a long-lasting community tradition not come to fruition for whatever reason when it's still something people want. If there isn't any issue, I can prepare a formal topic this upcoming Monday, October 9.

I reached out about it earlier this week to see if he needed help with anything, so I'm okay with you taking the lead on things if that's okay with the group. I do think if we are going to do a Secret Santa we should start soon.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 02:56:01 pm »
I don't mind a change of organizer either.

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 08:50:26 pm »
I'm thinking that it may be time for me to join Secret Santa this year...
Just be aware that shipping costs may be a little... inconvenient. Haha!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 07:53:32 am »
Sure, I'm certainly down to join :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2023, 08:46:18 am »
I would absolutely still participate if telly was running it.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 12:28:48 pm »
Telly is organized AF.

telly

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2023, 10:26:02 am »
I think Dhaabi is going to run it this year and make a post today!

Or if he wants to I can do it  :)
Currently Playing:

dhaabi

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2023, 10:52:52 am »
After some brief discussion, telly and I decided for me to organize this year's event since no one else stepped forward. Like I mentioned before, I'm only hoping for the tradition to continue if interest is present since it helps bring our community together. I'll make posting a formal announcement topic soon!