Author Topic: Warning!!! (do not toss or sell your OG Xbox Consoles)  (Read 2125 times)

Warning!!! (do not toss or sell your OG Xbox Consoles)
« on: October 07, 2023, 06:27:51 am »
Here's the reason why. I just recently hooked up my black Xbox360 console and I just found out tonight Microsoft did something to the firmware that prevents you from playing 99.9% of all Xbox original games even both with, and without an internal hard drive installed now. September 2023. All you can play with the Xbox360 console from the very first series of Xbox that came out in 2001 is HALO COMBAT EVOLVED.  I didn't check if Halo 2 still works or my other Microsoft studio game.

But yes, now my own Xbox360 is basically no longer compatible with just about my entire collection of OG Xbox games. This is Proof that the modern gaming industry doesn't give a s hi it about older games. Which is why i am working on saving a whole lot of 20 years or older games to a storage device for safe keeping.

Thought's?

My 360 is still in mint condition by the way

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 06:30:27 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

Re: Warning!!! (do not toss or sell your OG Xbox Consoles)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 08:23:46 am »
That sucks if true. Is anyone able to confirm the findings? I don't have an Xbox personally so I can't but I'd be pissed if randomly my PS5 stopped playing my PS4 games.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 11:34:32 am »
Yeah, I'm gonna need some sources on this.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 02:44:33 pm »
Just tested my Xbox 360, there was no update. I ran Dead Or Alive 2 Ulimtate and it worked fine.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 03:17:26 pm »
You really need to stop posting stuff like this when you don't have a source to back it up with and can actually confirm it's not just a you issue.  There's nothing out there that supports this and it would make zero sense to randomly patch the Xbox 360 and keep it from being able to play the original Xbox games that it could.

The only thing even adjacent to this, is that they are closing the original Xbox 360 store, July of next year, but that only factors into digital releases, not normal backwards compatibility.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 03:28:12 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 07:39:55 pm »
I did not test all my games but i did discover that the 9 racing games i tried made before 2005 did not work.

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 08:20:58 pm »
I did not test all my games but i did discover that the 9 racing games i tried made before 2005 did not work.

From what I can see, not all Xbox games work on 360, so there's a likely chance that the games you tried just don't work on 360.  You can check here. If they don't work, but are on the list, then it's probably an issue with your system.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/games/backward-compatibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 08:45:54 pm »
Yeah... All my Xbox games are still working on my 360 as well.
Are you trying to run original games or some counterfeits/copies you downloaded for free?

Well, since you're a very important person, there's always the possibility that Microsoft (or maybe the government!!?) patched only your console...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:47:42 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2023, 03:39:56 am »
Yeah... All my Xbox games are still working on my 360 as well.
Are you trying to run original games or some counterfeits/copies you downloaded for free?

Well, since you're a very important person, there's always the possibility that Microsoft (or maybe the government!!?) patched only your console...

1.I erased the original Xbox live profile and tried to create a local account. Even though I had this console for 6 years now.
2. I never use bootleg or ever plan to use ROM's on the Xbox 360
3. I now need to update the Xbox manually.
4. I use an XboxOne controller to play Windows 10 emulators

5. If I knew it was totally legal I would just get some OG XBOX games, for windows 10 (I think the app store sells them) so free is not an option for me.

Why would the government only patch my one console and not A more dangerous device like Windows?

The FBI knows I own a refurbished working OG Original Xbox that can play DVDS with that adopter That came with the sale. So maybe they figure I don't need to play all my OG games. On 360 due to fail-safe

I READ MICROSOFT SAID THE 360 IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO PLAY HALO 2 BECAUSE OF A GLITCH

Ijust need to update but i need my FAT32 harddrive to do it
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 03:50:25 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2023, 10:35:12 am »

The FBI knows I own a refurbished working OG Original Xbox that can play DVDS with that adopter That came with the sale. So maybe they figure I don't need to play all my OG games. On 360 due to fail-safe

This is 100% it.

I blame Reagan for what we have to endure here.

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 12:19:56 am »
The 360 has needed a hard drive installed to play OG Xbox games since Backwards compatibility was rolled out. This isn't really new.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2023, 08:33:45 am »
Yeah, 360 was only compatible with like 100 og xbox games, chances are your games just arent compatible.

I have my og xbox games sorted into 3 areas, xbox one bc, xbox 360 bc, and non-bc.  Majority of my og xbox games are non-bc

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2023, 11:09:10 pm »

This is 100% it.

I blame Reagan for what we have to endure here.

lol this is so similar to what a crazy lady to who I sold a jailbroken PS3 said to me. "Les policiers ont réinitialisé la jailbreak" (The cops have reset the jailbreak). Uh no, lady, you just got your console CID banned by Sony.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

kashell

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 08:24:41 am »
There are some fascinating findings in this thread.

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2023, 11:25:09 am »
FAT32 is an old format setting for almost all external or internal hardrives but the problem is in order to have a FAT32 harddrive you must re-format a more efficient harddrive to be less efficient according to tech books I've read

it to that setting and now mostly all external and internal hard drives use NTFS FORMAT which is said to read s lot faster and be more efficient than Both FAT AND FAT32 setting
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 11:37:25 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED