Author Topic: VGCollect 2023 Secret Santa!  (Read 10937 times)

ferraroso

Re: VGCollect 2023 Secret Santa!
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2023, 09:12:31 am »
Thanks for the hard work, dhaabi!

I am adding a few games to my wish list now, but first, two messages to whom it may concern:
To my secret santa: "No need to worry about getting stuff from my wish list. Anything and everything (especially if they are Sega related) is welcome!"
To the good boy or girl who is going to be get a gift from me: "Add as much Japanese stuff as you can to your wish list and I'll do my best to find them here. Also, I'll make sure to send you some yummy treats too."

And let the fun begin!

kashell

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2023, 10:18:22 am »
So, for a fun side-hustle, I like to sell old electronics and games. With the cash I earned for that, I had the perfect amount to get something ordered from my giftee's wishlist.

A good start means a good sign of things to come. I'm really excited to buy for this person.

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2023, 11:21:37 am »
So, for a fun side-hustle, I like to sell old electronics and games. With the cash I earned for that, I had the perfect amount to get something ordered from my giftee's wishlist.

A good start means a good sign of things to come. I'm really excited to buy for this person.

That's how I've done this for the past few years.  It's nice to clear out space and get something for someone!

kashell

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2023, 11:13:17 am »
I just realized after looking at the first post - dhaabi, you're not participating in the fun??

dhaabi

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2023, 12:17:07 pm »
I just realized after looking at the first post - dhaabi, you're not participating in the fun??

Not this year, but perhaps in the future. I wanted to ensure that there weren't an odd amount of participants, so I treated myself as a reserve. So, had there been a ninth participant, I'd have joined as the tenth to even it out.

telly

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2023, 01:05:38 pm »

Not this year, but perhaps in the future. I wanted to ensure that there weren't an odd amount of participants, so I treated myself as a reserve. So, had there been a ninth participant, I'd have joined as the tenth to even it out.

Could have done it still with an odd number of people! Person 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 1 but that's a moot point since people have already been paired
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dhaabi

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2023, 01:27:43 pm »

Could have done it still with an odd number of people! Person 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 1 but that's a moot point since people have already been paired

I didn't give my participation too much thought, so I clearly overlooked that (obvious) possibility. Like I said from the beginning, I mostly didn't want the event to not happen at all if community interest was still present. Nevertheless, I can still enjoy the event for what it is from an organizer's perspective.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »
Let the buying begin :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2023, 07:02:08 pm »

I didn't give my participation too much thought, so I clearly overlooked that (obvious) possibility. Like I said from the beginning, I mostly didn't want the event to not happen at all if community interest was still present. Nevertheless, I can still enjoy the event for what it is from an organizer's perspective.

Just curious why you expected this wasn't going to happen?

dhaabi

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2023, 08:50:35 am »
Like I said from the beginning, I mostly didn't want the event to not happen at all if community interest was still present

Just curious why you expected this wasn't going to happen?

An interest topic was created mid-September with no formal announcements being made until October 9. telly initially showed growing concern for the event starting late which could then potentially cause gifts to also arrive late through transit had the typical event schedule been maintained, as the start of October had already past. With seemingly no one else this year stepping up to organize, telly and I decided it'd be best for me to do so. The public discussion about that begins here.

kashell

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2023, 11:06:46 am »
One item is already en route. The profits/credit I earned just went through. Therefore, two more items have been ordered today. The stars are aligning!

telly

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2023, 11:12:23 am »
One item is already en route. The profits/credit I earned just went through. Therefore, two more items have been ordered today. The stars are aligning!

Dang, you're fast!! I'm hoping to get started on shopping today. Gonna hit up The Exchange to hunt for stuff like we did last year  ;)
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2023, 11:14:08 am »

Dang, you're fast!! I'm hoping to get started on shopping today. Gonna hit up The Exchange to hunt for stuff like we did last year  ;)
We love to see it.

Have fun at The Exchange! That place is special.

telly

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2023, 09:27:24 am »
Just finished picking up everything for my Santa! I hope they like what I purchased!

EDIT: Also I went over budget  :-[ There were two games I was deciding between and I thought why not both  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 09:34:22 am by telly »
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2023, 11:26:55 am »
You're already done?! Daaaaamn, dude. You're crushing it.