Author Topic: Allow clearing of Developer/Publisher fields on edit page  (Read 644 times)

empovyle

Allow clearing of Developer/Publisher fields on edit page
« on: October 12, 2023, 04:25:55 pm »
Currently there's no way to clear an already-submitted developer/publisher and send it for mod approval, the mods have to go in and remove those fields manually. Please add a way for regular users to submit blank fields for these too.

dhaabi

Re: Allow clearing of Developer/Publisher fields on edit page
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 05:23:25 pm »
In the past, this was possible. I'm not sure when this issue will be addressed, but it's something already added to our lengthy list of issues to solve.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 10:11:10 am »
Blank is already the default.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 10:18:42 am »

If I'm not mistaken, what is being requested is the ability to remove information which was previously possible. While there are certainly more efficient ways to remove this specific information, something like Publisher information added to console entries is a scenario, like with this example.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 12:10:55 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, what is being requested is the ability to remove information which was previously possible. While there are certainly more efficient ways to remove this specific information, something like Publisher information added to console entries is a scenario, like with this example.

See

Please add a way for regular users to submit blank fields for these too

No one can set a Dev/Pub field via the edit form to the initial blank state. I can do it on the backend if need be but there isn't any real reason to do so. The solution should be to fix it on the web form itself.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 12:20:55 pm »
No one can set a Dev/Pub field via the edit form to the initial blank state.

Currently, yes. But before, it was possible. That capability has been removed over time after one of the several relatively recent updates to the fields, though.

The solution should be to fix it on the web form itself.

Agreed, as I implied above.

jason

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 12:34:04 pm »
Sorry about this. I think this bug was introduced when trying to fix some of these issues with the Developers and Publishers