Author Topic: 2024 Gaming/Collecting Goals  (Read 2361 times)

dhaabi

Re: 2024 Gaming/Collecting Goals
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2024, 07:27:02 pm »
At the same time, I'd also like to play through more PlayStation VR games. I still have everything hooked up after having not played any for it in a few months, so hopefully that's enough of a motivator.[/font]

I treated myself to a PS4 VR a couple years ago, and I've never set it up. I keep buying VR games on sale too, lol.

I played a few things on mine - Astro Bot, Beat Saber, the Until Dawn rail shooter, Tetris Effect.  I liked pretty much everything I tried on it, but it has been packed away ever since they made it clear that it wasn't going to be PS5 compatible and I switched out my set-up from PS4 to PS5.

It is compatible! Request your free PlayStation Camera Adaptor through Sony's support page.

I did that years ago and have yet to receive it.

That's upsetting to hear. I don't remember how exactly long I waited to receive mine, but it was only around a week, maybe two. If you're actually interested in receiving one, it doesn't hurt to contact support directly.

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 07:32:51 pm »
At the same time, I'd also like to play through more PlayStation VR games. I still have everything hooked up after having not played any for it in a few months, so hopefully that's enough of a motivator.[/font]

I treated myself to a PS4 VR a couple years ago, and I've never set it up. I keep buying VR games on sale too, lol.

I played a few things on mine - Astro Bot, Beat Saber, the Until Dawn rail shooter, Tetris Effect.  I liked pretty much everything I tried on it, but it has been packed away ever since they made it clear that it wasn't going to be PS5 compatible and I switched out my set-up from PS4 to PS5.

It is compatible! Request your free PlayStation Camera Adaptor through Sony's support page.

That's upsetting to hear. I don't remember how exactly long I waited to receive mine, but it was only around a week, maybe two. If you're actually interested in receiving one, it doesn't hurt to contact support directly.

Did that after like two years lol

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2024, 09:50:59 pm »
My goals in 2024 are to play more buy less. Last year I did play a lot more but still bought a lot more than I should have. This year I'm going to try to be more selective.

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2024, 01:46:24 am »

I basically have an old PS4 that I have dedicated to VR. I just haven't played it. I have it as a separate set up.

tripredacus

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2024, 10:38:43 am »
I think that this year my goal is to purge my extra media (lots of VHS and DVD) and start going to garage sales again to look for video games.

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2024, 02:04:12 pm »

Did that after like two years lol

After spending multiple days trying to get a hold of PS Support I finally got through this morning, and after waiting in the queue for about 30 minutes I got in gave them my case number only for them to say "Oh, we've changed how we track all that since then.  You are going to have to resubmit everything."  And since I didn't have the serial numbers at my immediate disposal I got a new case number to spend multiple days getting back with a support person so I can provide the serial numbers.

Warmsignal

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2024, 02:03:25 pm »
My intention is to "finish" my retro collecting. That means satisfying the remainder of all want lists, either by acquiring the elusive remaining ones, or admitting to myself that some aren't worth the effort and crossing them off. I'm somewhat close to achieving this across many platforms, but a lot of those remaining are not easy gets. For a lot of it, I can't rely on local or even remote hunting to find any of them. Most are eBay only. I estimate about 250 games across 15 or so platforms, and they are completely exhaustive for these retro libraries so there's no rabit-hole of discovering more later. That averages about 16 games a platform (although a few will be much fewer and some are quite a bit more). It's still a lot yes, but I think I can do it.

I never plan to quit modern collecting, so long as they keep making physical. I will continue adding to my PS5 and Switch libraries.

I may or may not start recording some let's plays, mostly as a means of documenting the journey of playing so many of these games I've acquired over the years, many of which are brand new experiences to me. My favorite kinds of gameplay videos to watch are when people don't know everything about the game they're recording, a blind play-through I guess. I could possibly see myself doing that. Don't really care if anyone watches, it would be mostly just for the fun of it.

I'd like to spruce up the game room and add a bit of personality to it. I'm not big into merchandise or trinkets, but a few here and there wouldn't hurt.

That's about it.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2024, 02:12:12 am »
Collecting goals:

There are a handful of games I'd really want to add to my collection.

Gaming goals.

Beat 12 games over the year. For me a 52 games challenge is impossible. I usually play longer games that takes around a month to beat. Usually more.
My backlog is 43/103 (games I started at some point but didn't beat/games I never started). So basically 146. I'd like to work some of it off.

pzeke

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2024, 04:06:53 am »
I would definitely like to get a PS5 for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, which is due next month, but otherwise I'm good, so not much for me. Well, I guess taming my backlog would be in order, although I think that endeavor has become nothing more than wishful thinking by this point.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

gf78

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2024, 11:13:40 am »
A few goals to tackle in the new year!

1 - Work on finishing my Amiibo collection! 164 down, 61 left to go!
2 - Sell off some Xbox stuff
3 - Get the new Nintendo system (whatever they end up calling it)
4 - Continue to refuse to buy digital-only games
5 - Collect the new Dark Horse Cyberpunk figues...if they ever come out!
6 - Beat Tears of the Kingdom. After the Phantom Liberty and 2.1 update, I finally went back to Cyberpunk and have around 100 hours in so far.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 11:21:06 am by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2024, 12:24:29 am »
Looking back at my collecting goals for 2023...

1. Finish NTSC PS3 set.

I did not. I do have 33 left and 12 i discovered missing manuals or inserts that need updating...

2. Finish letter A for NTSC ps1.

I did not. Complete scarcity of ps1 locally on even cheap filler titles and I refuse to pay excessive shipping fees to ship only individual titles online, with no luck finding lots that include mostly the titles I need. At present, I need 24 more letter A ps1 titles.

I did however go hard at letter A on PS4. I picked up probably 50 titles last year, right now I only need Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon and Assassin's Creed Valhalla Ragnarok Edition (best buy) to complete the entire PS4 NTSC library for letter A. Should be doable this year, and I'll start Letter B and see how far along I get in that. At present I'm missing 25 titles for PS4 letter B.

3. Finish letter A for NTSC ps2.

I tried to do this via mutual trades through my small 1k population Playstation Collectors of Canada facebook group. I only found a couple mutual trade partners but managed to get a few more letter a ps2 titles. At present, I have 23 titles left for PS2 letter A, should be doable this year.

4. Work toward finishing NTSC PS1 longboxes.

Not many people selling or trading these anymore locally without resorting to ebay. I have been holding out, but it's getting scary. Little to no progress made, still need about 60 longboxes.

5. Reach 2000 PS4 games, currently at 1636.

I killed this one. Made it to 2300 by end of 2023, and now at 2400 in april 2024. I think by end of this year I can reach 2500. At that point, I will need about 400 more titles to reach the full ps4 NTSC, which is projecting around 2900 at the moment (with all planned releases).

6. I hesitate to set new goals as I have myself spread pretty thin, but I would like to make some progress tracking and planning to work toward completion of the "Toys to Life" sets (disney infinity, skylanders, and lego dimensions).

7. As always, continue to find, research, and document new finds/variants, eventually starting a related youtube channel, and adding to the body of knowledge on this site, and my own playstation collecting website.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:34:43 am by psxlegacy »
PSX LEGACY

A Physical Chronicle of games for posterity.