Author Topic: Pokemon Presents 02/27/24  (Read 1178 times)

Pokemon Presents 02/27/24
« on: February 20, 2024, 05:41:17 am »
This was a known thing to be coming up, they usually have one on "Pokemon Day", but funny enough, I'm more interested to see what comes out of this one than the Partner Showcase, out of sheer morbid curiosity. 

Do we get a shallow, middling to bad, next generation (Pokemon Generation that is) release that may or may not, but most likely will flop in many of the same ways the last two mainline entries have, while still releasing it in an obnoxious double format that was never actually a good idea but is now horribly annoying? Do we get a shallow, middling, but mildly entertaining spinoff release that isn't great, but I kinda like despite its issues? Do we get a shallow, middling, remake with a boring art style that probably doesn't have all the content it should and doesn't bring anything all that interesting that is new? Or do we finally get New Pokemon Snap DLC, because I had absolutely charming time with that game and I have zero complaints with that release other than I wish they would give me more content, because I will pay for it? lol

Eh, I'm just a bitter old fan who stopped playing after Yellow and kinda hoped the Switch era would be so much better and great jumping back on point, but has mostly been middling to bad releases and New Pokemon Snap.  I would like to be surprised and something really great shows up at the event to make up for how terrible Scarlet/Violet was, but I just don't see it happening, it's not really possible unless it wasn't Game Freak making it and this new studio had a proper development run...but that might be too much to ask for, who knows.

sworddude

Re: Pokemon Presents 02/27/24
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 06:19:03 am »
If these rumours are true

Your Stylish Sword Master!

alligo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 02:16:39 pm »
Surely a horrible remake like Diamond and Pearl for BW
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 03:48:11 pm »
If these rumours are true

Oh...so we might be getting another awful looking remake lol I hate these pixel art games getting remade in a bland 3D style, like Link's Awakening was personally a pretty bad art choice for me, and then Pokemon was just like "We are going to do that too, but at a MUCH lower quality" lol It's why I'm interested in Cassette Beasts, because they do the classic pixel style, but with that Octopath Traveler 3D style backgrounds and it looks great.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 03:53:35 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 04:45:48 pm »
I doubt it is an remake we never got 2 remakes on the same system altough to be fair we never got 2 generations on 1 system before gen 4 and 5 either.

black and white are weird though since they didnt have any old pokemon so i wonder how that would work.

also after the disaster remakes of gen 4 I wouldnt want an remake ever agaian.

I  would be fine with a lot actualy I would love another legends game. or an REAL new pokemon mysteruy dungeon game.

or an sequel to concuest:)

I would love an pokemon rumble game as well I think those are realy fun too.

anywya  I hope mostly for an legends or mystery dungeon game

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 04:58:17 pm »
I doubt it is an remake we never got 2 remakes on the same system altough to be fair we never got 2 generations on 1 system before gen 4 and 5 either.

black and white are weird though since they didnt have any old pokemon so i wonder how that would work.

I  would be fine with a lot actualy I would love another legends game. or an REAL new pokemon mysteruy dungeon game.

The Switch already has two remakes with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Diamond/Pearl.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 06:52:03 pm »

The Switch already has two remakes with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Diamond/Pearl.
lol lets go doesnt count its an spinoff and an bad one at that  honestly not even worth 10 bucks

and eyah we got the diamond and pearl remakes and they are WORSE then the originals  they ruined it on my favorite generation which makes me realy sad:(

they couldnt even do the artstyle jsutice  gen 4 is ruugged and industrial and what style did they pick/ the chibi cute style literly the worst possible fit for gen 4

also they didnt add anything worthwhile  either. they arent the worst pokemon games by any emans but to me they are the biggest disapointment in the whole franchise

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 07:27:59 pm »
lol lets go doesnt count its an spinoff and an bad one at that  honestly not even worth 10 bucks

and eyah we got the diamond and pearl remakes and they are WORSE then the originals  they ruined it on my favorite generation which makes me realy sad:(

they couldnt even do the artstyle jsutice  gen 4 is ruugged and industrial and what style did they pick/ the chibi cute style literly the worst possible fit for gen 4

also they didnt add anything worthwhile  either. they arent the worst pokemon games by any emans but to me they are the biggest disapointment in the whole franchise

It still counts as a remake is all I'm saying lol Honestly, if Let's Go didn't have the "Go" mechanics, it probably would've been my favorite Pokemon game on the Switch, it's not amazing, but it's a decent nostalgic throwback to the original games...it's just plagued with obnoxious Pokemon Go mechanics that they should've had the option to turn off.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 11:13:04 pm »
Unless Gamefreak completely redoes the Pokemon franchise and makes it even a partially deep (and challenging) RPG series again, I have literally zero interest in any future Pokemon titles. Pokemon is essentially Nintendo's COD or Madden, with each new entry lacking any soul, substance, or remnant of better times when the series was actually respectable and good. We all know the next Pokemon game is going to be worse than the last. We can blame fanboys and little kids for telling Gamefreak and Nintendo that they're doing a good job despite the series being terrible for almost a decade now.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 04:19:27 am »

It still counts as a remake is all I'm saying lol Honestly, if Let's Go didn't have the "Go" mechanics, it probably would've been my favorite Pokemon game on the Switch, it's not amazing, but it's a decent nostalgic throwback to the original games...it's just plagued with obnoxious Pokemon Go mechanics that they should've had the option to turn off.
so if it didnt have the go mecanics you considered it better then fire red and leafgreen?

and honestly its not  an fun throwback at all they even removed the og rival  and made the game so dang easy  it makes  the diamond and pearl remakes  look HARD in compareison while you are overleveled that whole game for at least 10 levels

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 04:39:56 am »
so if it didnt have the go mecanics you considered it better then fire red and leafgreen?

and honestly its not  an fun throwback at all they even removed the og rival  and made the game so dang easy  it makes  the diamond and pearl remakes  look HARD in compareison while you are overleveled that whole game for at least 10 levels

I never played those ones myself, I stopped with Yellow, but I said it in regards to the Switch games, so it could've been my favorite over Sword/Shield, Scarlet/Violet, BDSP, and possibly Legends, though would probably be neck and neck with New Pokemon Snap now that I think about it.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 05:23:23 am »
If where talking Let's go For a switch pokemon game in terms of creatures and world it looks decent enough I guess. The unique riding animations are nice. and let's be fair for a modern pokemon game on a technical lvl and in terms of bugs, it surpasses any other switch pokemon game by a landslide. It looked like a complete game I'll give it that.

For character looks however I've had my beef with the let's go art style , they remind me to much of funko's. it previously had the worst art style in the series imo it looks like a game for 5 year olds it feels so kiddy. That being said they look godly compared to the abomination that is gen 4 remakes never imaged it could have been so much worse  :P

But that's just visuals Overall let's go is a slap in the face, instead of nostalgia it just makes me hate it. The music is also not great imo, it's gen 1 ost poorly done gives it a totally different vibe to disney esk/happy. it just ain't hitting for me. Meanwhile ye got heartgold soulsilver with a proper remade soundtrack that surpasses the og withouth altering the vibe. They do it decently in the past. Now with that game I get nostalgia for gen 2. With let's go I feel embarrassed playing it. Even at 10 years old this would have felt lame nobody would be playing this back than on the school grounds. I highly doubt the series would have stuck so long if it started out as kiddy as let's go. Pokemon used to be cool it didn't feel like it was for just little kids that is why it became popular.

If where talking best pokemon switch that comes close to a main game It's PLA. it's not great still but I like the concept it feels less kiddy aswell. Feels more like a gen 4 remake compared to the actual remake  ::)

A new spin on the series. and visuals aside it looked pretty interesting at least. For modern pokemon anyway

modern pokemon is kinda dissapointing. I don't think I'll ever get any of the modern pokemon game aside from PLA and some spinoffs to stick in the collection. Just like the Mario & sonic olympic games I will ensure that these games will stay on the ban list :o

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:37:00 am by sworddude »

dhaabi

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 09:43:53 am »
It's always puzzling to see discussions (always from adults) about how Pokémon has either noticeably dropped in quality or that the games aren't difficult anymore since it is, and always has been, a children's franchise. No one in these discussions is the target audience. While the franchise's young target audience doesn't excuse its quality, it does help explain it, as many children's games are low quality. As long as the franchise's popularity remains within that age bracket, the games won't improve, because kids often don't have standards needing to be met. Regarding the difficulty of the games, they've always been straightforward to understand, but I imagine a huge number of players being introduced to the series at a young age, whenever that may have been, faced challenges in understanding the mechanics and strategy required. Obviously, since the games have purposely stagnated to catch the attention of children every few years, veteran players won't find newer entries challenging.

The Let's Go entries are objectively remakes with new features to entice veteran players to play co-op with new, younger players as their introduction to the series. Any handicapped and removed features are intentional design choices for this audience.

It should go without saying, but anyone outside of Pokémon's target audience who's looking for a more fulfilling experience with this type of game should seek out other games with the same structure, or even Pokémon fan games.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:55:18 am by dhaabi »

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2024, 10:44:54 am »
It's always puzzling to see discussions (always from adults) about how Pokémon has either noticeably dropped in quality or that the games aren't difficult anymore since it is, and always has been, a children's franchise. No one in these discussions is the target audience. While the franchise's young target audience doesn't excuse its quality, it does help explain it, as many children's games are low quality. As long as the franchise's popularity remains within that age bracket, the games won't improve, because kids often don't have standards needing to be met. Regarding the difficulty of the games, they've always been straightforward to understand, but I imagine a huge number of players being introduced to the series at a young age, whenever that may have been, faced challenges in understanding the mechanics and strategy required. Obviously, since the games have purposely stagnated to catch the attention of children every few years, veteran players won't find newer entries challenging.

The Let's Go entries are objectively remakes with new features to entice veteran players to play co-op with new, younger players as their introduction to the series. Any handicapped and removed features are intentional design choices for this audience.

It should go without saying, but anyone outside of Pokémon's target audience who's looking for a more fulfilling experience with this type of game should seek out other games with the same structure, or even Pokémon fan games.

lol there is soemthing as difficulty based for an child and being so easy dying is harder then not dying you have to activly try to loose now.

with the diamond and pearl remakes they forced the exp share but didnt balance the game around it

im not asking much for in an pokemon game I like it to have nice new pokemon give an choice if I wnat exp shaere or not and msot importantly enough content

sword and shield the base games  just  lacks content or exploaration. we as a kid could figure out red blue yellow  etc. those  wherent that difficult either but compared to the hand feeding stuff we get now its just insane

they could also add dificulties  for example.

pokemon fans dont require an lot to be happy but at the least some basic things and even thats too much now eaperently

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2024, 10:59:33 am »
It's always puzzling to see discussions (always from adults) about how Pokémon has either noticeably dropped in quality or that the games aren't difficult anymore since it is, and

Many folks including myself have already done so. It's just that it's a shame that the actual IP is pretty shit today. cause if we had those kinda games with the actual creatures and characters from the series it be amazing. Also fangames for me do not hit the same so in terms of that I personally just play other genre's or games instead and usually just ditch this genre altogether.

It's more the discussion if only the series kept up. Nobody is expecting anything, it's moreso just the current state of the series.

Stuff like zelda and Mario is still fun for alle ages for example and they still are some the best in their respective subgenre's Heck in mario's case it's pretty much uncontested since the start, it is a shame that pokemon is the only ip that is kinda left out. provided pokemon is only 33% Nintendo. can't expect the same quality I guess.

pokemon fans dont require an lot to be happy but at the least some basic things and even thats too much now eaperently

TBF allot of the adult fans are already happy
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:07:36 am by sworddude »