Author Topic: Pokemon Presents 02/27/24  (Read 1182 times)

sworddude

Re: Pokemon Presents 02/27/24
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2024, 03:34:29 pm »
I kinda doubt it's going to be set within just the city though.

The city is going to be the main focus or just the hubworld sure, but I highly doubt it's going to be just that.

Unless they mispoke, they very specifically said on at least twitter, "...a new adventure set entirely within Lumiose City...".  It's possible they could have some stuff just outside the city, but doing such a specific area could be very samey unless there's something to mix it up.

gotto be a mistake unless it's going to be some small game like detective pikachu
Your Stylish Sword Master!

hexen

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2024, 04:06:43 pm »
Hopefully they are not so deep in development already there isn't time left to steal a few of PalWorld's good ideas! It already kind of feels like an improved Legends: Arceus in style and stuff like the good animations and having Pals actually have work to do is something I could see fitting in with the theme of urbanizing Lumiose. Besides, turnabout is fair play and if Palworld "took inspiration" from Pokemon designs, no reason Pokemon can't "take inspiration" from some of Palworld's best game systems!
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2024, 08:04:33 pm »
Hopefully they are not so deep in development already there isn't time left to steal a few of PalWorld's good ideas! It already kind of feels like an improved Legends: Arceus in style and stuff like the good animations and having Pals actually have work to do is something I could see fitting in with the theme of urbanizing Lumiose. Besides, turnabout is fair play and if Palworld "took inspiration" from Pokemon designs, no reason Pokemon can't "take inspiration" from some of Palworld's best game systems!

Eh, Pokemon doesn't really need to take anything from Palworld.  Most of Pokemon's issues come down to needing to pump out multiple games on the regular, which leads to rushed development, probably tight budgets, and not enough people to work on the games.  Plus, most of Palworld is just ripped off other games to begin with.  It's only standout gimmick is "cute creatures with guns", and that's kinda it.  That it plays and looks better is mostly by nature of the engine it's on and that it's running on a PC.

dhaabi

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2024, 01:29:24 pm »
In my above comment, I never mentioned you explicitly. Given your public opinion on the franchise, I had my doubts you were buying the games new, or buying them at all. I was referring to "those who are blindly loyal to the brand," as you worded it.

Dude, yes, I'm well aware of that; the "trying to teach a fish how to swim" comment was just a jovial preamble to where I wanted to get with my line of thought, like a "Ha! You don't need to tell me." I guess I could've said "you're preaching to the choir" or just "preach" instead. I know getting a message across on the Internet can often be hit or miss, but I genuinely felt that I didn't need to make it obvious since you're a smart guy and I figured you'd get it: I don't feel my post was aggressive in any way to be construed otherwise. Oh well, my apologies then if that was the case.

I understood the expression's usage but interpreted your tone differently, albeit not an aggressive one. Ah well, not everything online translates with ease.

I wonder how many people are again clamoring for Pokémon Stars and Pokémon Gray.

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2024, 12:43:55 pm »
I doubt it is an remake we never got 2 remakes on the same system altough to be fair we never got 2 generations on 1 system before gen 4 and 5 either.

black and white are weird though since they didnt have any old pokemon so i wonder how that would work.

also after the disaster remakes of gen 4 I wouldnt want an remake ever agaian.

I  would be fine with a lot actualy I would love another legends game. or an REAL new pokemon mysteruy dungeon game.

or an sequel to concuest:)

I would love an pokemon rumble game as well I think those are realy fun too.

anywya  I hope mostly for an legends or mystery dungeon game

The Switch already has two remakes with Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee and Diamond/Pearl.
lol lets go doesnt count its an spinoff and an bad one at that  honestly not even worth 10 bucks

and eyah we got the diamond and pearl remakes and they are WORSE then the originals  they ruined it on my favorite generation which makes me realy sad:(

they couldnt even do the artstyle jsutice  gen 4 is ruugged and industrial and what style did they pick/ the chibi cute style literly the worst possible fit for gen 4

also they didnt add anything worthwhile  either. they arent the worst pokemon games by any emans but to me they are the biggest disapointment in the whole franchise

Finally someone said it. I was one toilet paper shortage away from wiping my ass with the lets go pikachu insert. It is a hand holding disgrace of a game that even an infant with placenta still on it could beat. It allows your pikachu to beat brocks rock types without an ounce of grinding. Throws all element weakness types out and just has the most cartoony bubbly kid graphics ever. Nintendo basically slapped my sancted aunt.