Author Topic: NES Batman and T&C Surf Designs for $70! Seriously.  (Read 1525 times)

scott

NES Batman and T&C Surf Designs for $70! Seriously.
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:54:59 am »
Apparently, this dude thinks Batman for NES and T&C Surf Designs are super rare titles. As he is asking $70 starting bid, or $199 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-NES-VINTAGE-GAMES-LOT-RARE-HARDTOFINDBATMAN-/200589448118?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb41013b6
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

Re: NES Batman and T&C Surf Designs for $70! Seriously.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:07 pm »
Though it's not the worst I've seen, this is pretty bad. People really have no idea what they're doing when pricing their games, and think that whatever they have is made of gold or something. I was called a lowballer multiple times for offering reasonable prices for games/consoles on kijiji.

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:57:31 pm »
Not to mention people looking for stuff and  not knowing what it's actually worth, and paying the high prices. Or people that are listing stuff as "rare" just because the system has been around for 20+ years and out of print for 10+. Can't tell you how many times I've seen Super Mario Land, or god forbid Tetris on Game Boy, listed as "rare"

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »
^
I was at this (mostly) cool, local collectibles store (comics, vintage action figures, cartoon cels, etc.) and they have a corner of the store dedicated to videogames..  I really should snap some pics because its exactly like that:  Tetris for Gameboy "RARE $40".. -_- Had to try hard to keep from laughing as I read that because I was near the register and I didn't want to sound like a jerk.

scott

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:58:31 am »
Ya, that's how I feel sometimes when I go to this one used game store around here. There are some good deals, but a lot of stuff is pricey. Usually I only buy anything from there if it's Buy 2 get 1, that way I can spread the cost of the 2 games across 3, ha.