Author Topic: E3 2012 Hype Thread!  (Read 7523 times)

jobocan

E3 2012 Hype Thread!
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:06 pm »
Well, E3 is going on next week, so I figured I'd see how everyone on here is hyped for it and stuff!

What are you excited to see? What are you hoping for? What are you expecting from the Big 3's conferences? Are you going?

Let's talk about it some! (I'll post later, don't wanna flood the first post with too much text)

soera

Re: E3 2012 Hype Thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:34:05 pm »
My big wait is for the official announcement of the release date of DQX. As far as I know, its still undetermined whether there is going to be an NTSC version or not and what all is going to be required to play, how much of it is online, etc.

Id also like to know about the latest God of War game. I think its called Ascension.

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »
I'm eagerly awaiting Nintendo's show on Tuesday so we can hopefully get a real look at the Wii U and hopefully see what this thing can do.  Nintendo is either a homerun or a bomb at E3, so here's hoping for the best.

The Wii U might be the last home console I buy for myself, since I'll be starting a family soon and won't have the time to play new games much.  One system is all I'll be able to really manage, so I really need the Wii U to have the power to get capable next-gen ports so I don't have to buy two or three systems to get everything I want (and I'll always favor Nintendo's first-party titles over other console's exclusives).  I have serious concerns about the Wii U being too underpowered in comparison to the next XBox/PS systems to be able to get decent third-party support, so I really hope they show some impressive games.  Recent reports claim it's about 20x more powerful than the Wii, but we'll finally get some answers next week.

Other than Wii U, I can't really think of what I'm looking forward to, since Bioshock Infinite won't be there.  I haven't had my pulse on anything else lately, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »
I don't have high hopes for Wii U yet, but official news of it will help me decide whether to wait for that or get the original Wii when the price drops on it.

I bet they'll just show Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion again...  Speaking of which, the next Harvest Moon for the 3DS will probably come out before those do.

Please E3, let up on the dancing on stage!  I own a Kinect and the Microsoft was just hardsellin' that thing way too much last year.  I feel like the only folks who are using it are the ones who don't have it hooked up to their Xbox at all.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:02:03 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »
I'm always looking forward to the unknowns...as strange as that sounds.

I'm also not looking forward to being sad about not being there in person. :(

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:52 pm »
I'm definitely looking forward to Nintendo's presentation. Wii U info (console specifications, price, release date, actual game announcements), new 3DS announcements, dates for previously announced 3DS games (Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario)... It should be a blast to watch. I'm also really hoping that the rumor of Retro Studios making a Star Fox+Metroid crossover game for Wii U is confirmed there (*EDIT* this rumor was debunked, sadly).
My biggest hope here is to see Nintendo reviving the Star Tropics franchise, but I don't think that's possible :P

Sony's presentation HAS to be good, otherwise Sony will be in big trouble, or at least worse trouble than they currently are. I really want to see a lot of Vita stuff announced, and dates/announcements for some PS3 stuff. I hope the presentation will be 100% about games, no BS like that dumb Kevin Butler part 2 years ago. I don't think they'll show off their next console yet, but I kinda hope they tease it at least. This is actually the only presentation I'll be seeing live, the others happen during my work hours.

For Microsoft... well, they already said that their presentation wouldn't be about games, so here's exactly what will happen: 5 minutes of Black Ops 2, 50 minutes of new services and features for XBL as well as Kinect games no one wants, and 5 minutes of Halo 4 at the end. They'll be the laughingstock on the conference as they were the last 2 years.

Beyond the presentations, I just hope to see a lot of gameplay for a lot of games, and a lot of dates for said games.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:04:20 pm by jobocan »

amauriel

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 04:19:35 pm »

Not me. I'm still a little peeved that the ESA (the ones that run E3) supported SOPA when most of the companies themselves did not. I'll read the hype because I'm a gamer first, but I don't think I could walk into that Expo Hall this year. /end political rant (sorry)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 04:25:47 pm »

Not me. I'm still a little peeved that the ESA (the ones that run E3) supported SOPA when most of the companies themselves did not. I'll read the hype because I'm a gamer first, but I don't think I could walk into that Expo Hall this year. /end political rant (sorry)

No need to be sorry, a lot of people are doing just the same, and some people who were supposed to go aren't going. Heck, that's why I'm happy that the presentations are being streamed/recorded, because then I don't have to give any money to the ESA :P

pacpix

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:11 pm »
I'm also really hoping that the rumor of Retro Studios making a Star Fox+Metroid crossover game for Wii U is confirmed there.
Wow! :o Where did you here this?!

At this years E3 I hope to hear more on WiiU, anything Zelda or Pac-Man related, Luigi's Mansion 2, and ICE CLIMBERS 2! (That would be awesome)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:03:43 pm »
I'm also really hoping that the rumor of Retro Studios making a Star Fox+Metroid crossover game for Wii U is confirmed there.
Wow! :o Where did you here this?!

Ah, forget it, I just found out that it was debunked today (http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/30/confirmed-status-update-on-retro-studios-making-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/).
It was originally from Paul Gale Network (the same guys who leaked info about Playstation All-Star Battle Royale before it was revealed), but it turns out his source was partly wrong. The project was indeed proposed at one point, but the idea was scrapped.

Guess I'll edit my post then :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:07:34 pm by jobocan »

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 08:19:01 pm »
I'll I'm really looking forward to seeing if Nintendo will announce Fire Emblem: Awakening for NA.  I mean, come on, it's already in English, just piggy back off NoE's hard work again like you did with Xenoblade Chronicles ;)

Other than that... well, I haven't even paid much attention to E3 the last few years.  I rarely buy new games or consoles as it is, so I guess I just don't get on the 'hype train' anymore... makes me a little sad, actually.  Hope I'm not too jaded.  :p

Despite ESA supporting SOPA, though, I still would love to go to E3 someday... probably even more so if I was a journalist covering the event.  Of course, that would require me starting to write about games again, so... xD
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

psydswipe

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 06:30:52 am »
I found all of last year's press conferences to be boring and am not expecting much this year. My preference would be that nobody concentrates on motion controls, I don't need to see any Move or Kinect games :P Some predictions or what I'd like to see would be a new Fallout, Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection, and maybe the rumored Seaman for 3DS. There was a hint earlier this year that a Shenmue HD collection might be in the works and I figure they'll do that well before ever considering making the third part.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:41:53 am by psydswipe »

blipcs76

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:32 am »
Some predictions or what I'd like to see would be a new Fallout

I would LOVE a new Fallout and hopefully we're due for a new one sometime soon.  I poured countless hours and multiple playthroughs into both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

amauriel

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »
I found all of last year's press conferences to be boring and am not expecting much this year. My preference would be that nobody concentrates on motion controls, I don't need to see any Move or Kinect games :P Some predictions or what I'd like to see would be a new Fallout, Shenmue 1 & 2 HD collection, and maybe the rumored Seaman for 3DS. There was a hint earlier this year that a Shenmue HD collection might be in the works and I figure they'll do that well before ever considering making the third part.

Yeah, I'd like to see what Yoot Saito's been up to as well. Seaman's been rumored, as is another tower game. And any way they can give me more Shemue is good. Rumor had it that Skies of Arcadia might see an HD remake as well. I guess what I want for this year is for Sega to remake more of their old franchises for other consoles. And awesome things for the 3DS. Maybe some more N64 remakes...Majora's Mask would be great. Also whatever they've got planned for the Kirby anniversary.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 03:31:31 pm »
I guess there is possibly something else Id like to hear about and thats some good VC stuff. I want to see some of the more obscure games get a VC release so I can actually play the damned things. Centy, Secret of the Stars, Golden Axe Warrior are 3 that come to mind.