Author Topic: E3 2012 Hype Thread!  (Read 7524 times)

madmax

Re: E3 2012 Hype Thread!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 11:32:55 pm »
I'd love to see something about the New FF Verses and FFXIV on PS3 but both of these things seem to never be coming :(

jobocan

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 11:38:41 pm »
I'd love to see something about the New FF Verses and FFXIV on PS3 but both of these things seem to never be coming :(

Did you see the rumor about Vs XIII being renamed to FFXV? I'm very skeptical of that rumor since the source is a bit hokey, but that's a possibility :P

jcalder8

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 01:48:07 am »
I'm looking forward to what the Vita has planned.

I would also love some massive news, like a new system, to come out of left field.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 01:49:48 am »

Did you see the rumor about Vs XIII being renamed to FFXV? I'm very skeptical of that rumor since the source is a bit hokey, but that's a possibility :P

I saw that on Escapist... I'm interested to see what E3 surprises are coming!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 07:33:54 am »
And awesome things for the 3DS.

I don't know if this is awesome or not but I foresee Code of Princess for 3DS hitting the U.S. in October...with a CD soundtrack ;)

killerchameleon

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 10:38:48 am »
I’ve been busy lately and have been out of the loop on video games, only thing I’ve been playing coincidently has been my 3DS.  So I hope Nintendo concentrates on mostly on 3DS games.  As far as new consoles my opinion is still the same I feel like their all ready dead and if not this will be the last next generation of consoles we will see, every one will be moving on to cloud gaming it only makes sense.  I’m with the rest of you on the Kinect stuff, enough dancing already come out with something we actually want to play, only thing I see coming out is Steel Battalion and if Capcom doesn’t execute it correctly it’s going to be a disaster.   

soera

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 10:25:45 am »
So far, all I can say is wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkPdAWfFjI

jobocan

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 12:15:49 pm »
Microsoft's thingy is starting in about 15 minutes... Can't say I have any expectations. We'll see a bit of Halo 4, have a surprise announcement at the end for an obvious sequel (probably Gears 4), and the rest will be worthless Kinect/XBL crap most people won't care about.

I wonder if we're getting any more terrible child actors to play bad Kinect games this year :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:39 pm »
How do ya'll feel about the new Wii controls shown?  I'm glad they got on board with a regular controller.  I don't want to swing shit when I'm playing Mario.

jobocan

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »
How do ya'll feel about the new Wii controls shown?  I'm glad they got on board with a regular controller.  I don't want to swing shit when I'm playing Mario.

I like the minor adjustments on the game pad, though it's nothing massive. The most interesting thing is the NFC reader, I hope someone really uses those.

As for the standard controller, it's basically required for multiplayer eventually, since the console is rumored (for now) to only support 1 of the controllers with the touch screen at a time. It seems okay. I'm a bit confused at the button placement (putting the stick where the buttons usually are) but it's probably not gonna be hard to get used to.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:16 pm »
As for the standard controller, it's basically required for multiplayer eventually, since the console is rumored (for now) to only support 1 of the controllers with the touch screen at a time. It seems okay. I'm a bit confused at the button placement (putting the stick where the buttons usually are) but it's probably not gonna be hard to get used to.

I'm gonna assume they did that to make it easy to go back and forth between the Gamepad and the Pro Controller.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »
I wonder if we're getting any more terrible child actors to play bad Kinect games this year :P

Oh gawd, those children were difficult to watch.  Especially the Kinectimals girl pretending she was being playfully mauled by a tiger.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 02:35:25 pm »

Oh gawd, those children were difficult to watch.  Especially the Kinectimals girl pretending she was being playfully mauled by a tiger.

"Fist Bump!" was probably the best moment in Microsoft E3 conference history :P

Also, they were kinda boring at E3 this year. They spent more time on games than I was expecting, but it showed the game industry's usual "no-risks" philosophy. Sequels and nothing more, basically. Oh and that SmartGlass thing or whatever it's called, trying to steal the Wii U's thunder a year too late basically :P

psydswipe

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 04:39:43 pm »
Microsoft was disappointing. I'm not sure of the point of watching ESPN on Xbox Live other than the ability to talk to your TV. I assume you still need cable TV which I don't have. Splinter Cell was the only "real" game I was unaware of, though they didn't mention if it was exclusive. Nothing in that Wii U presentation yesterday interested me either but I'm not a longtime Nintendo player. I do own a Wii but it has never got a lot of use and I only completed two games on it. Hopefully Sony comes through with a new surprise. We know they'll show Sports Champions 2 (unfortunately no unique sports like bocce and disc golf), the new God of War, and Battle Royale. Again, nothing original. Maybe a third-party publisher will announce something but we seem to learn about the majority of new games in the weeks leading up to E3.

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 05:53:34 pm »
I thought that MS had some interesting features with Kinect. The voice recognition in sports games is exciting if it works. There was nothing that made me need to buy a system but they are continuing to build on what they have so I will give them points for not giving up.

Lastly I liked the MS glass thingy. I always have my phone with me so it will be interesting to see where they go with it... I am hoping for manuals and live maps.

Overall though I would give it a 6.5