Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27141 times)

jcalder8

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2012, 01:10:58 pm »
The best haul of the day was a box of 53 assorted black NES dust sleeves, which I got for $7.  You don't run across stuff like this very often and I have about that many 'naked' NES carts in my collection, so that was a great find.
That's a pretty darn good haul in my opinion

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2012, 01:51:03 pm »
The day didn't start-off all that great for me (being 100+ degrees *AGAIN*, with, of course, 100% Humidity *Again*...certainly *not* doing anything to improve/help my mood & temper this morning...however, on the "PLUS" 'Side', my little sister (by 14 months) came to spend the weekend at my house - bringing along my 8 month-old & *Unbelievably*
*A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E*

...little niece, Haley  ;D
has gone a long way towards improving the tone/mood of my weekend
(I don't see them as often as I'd like since it's ~100 miles from my house to hers).

At any rate, me & Melissa (aka: "Little-Sis") hit almost 10 garage sales in that God damned heat & humidity late this morning; w/o either one of us finding/buying anything that could possibly even be honestly assesed/considered as "above average" in the least)
 >:(

However, helping to make the day not 100% *entirely* full of nothing but *FAIL* and *SUCK-age*...
...when we got back to my house, I found that...

I'd just received my (pre-ordered) copies of the Record of Agarest War 2 LE's in today's mail!

8)

So (unless I'm forgetting something - which is *entirely* possible :P
...all that I should still have *Pending* at the moment should be:

(1). the Trinity Universe Giclee (which I've already received my "Shipping Confirmation" from NISA for)...I'm expecting it to arrive by Monday or Tuesday (at the latest)

*AND*

(2).  the 2 copies of Growlanser IV: The Wayfarer of Time that I pre-ordered which are scheduled (the last that I've heard, at least) to be releasing on the 25th-26th of this month  ;D

So, what, if anything, do the rest of you guys have pre-ordered, "pending", and/or 'still-waiting-for', etc?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2012, 05:12:19 pm »
I just preordered The Last Story through Newegg since they had a $12 off preorder offer for me and will then switch my TLS preorder I'd originally made with GS to a Borderlands 2 preorder.  I probably won't get the vault edition as I don't really have space for it (and the loot edition is all gone, I believe).  Apparently GS has an exclusive "dome" addition for all preorders, in addition the mechromancer, etc. stuff.

I never preorder anything really, so it must mean something that I'm preordering now... (probably just the goodies!)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2012, 05:17:53 pm »
Meh...

Decided to go to Gamestop & "Mix 'n' Match" some of the B2G1's...

*Everything* was B2G1  :D

So, I got:

(1).  "WET" (PS3)/C.I.B.,
(2).  "Front Mission: Evolved" (PS3).C.I.B.,
(3).  "El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron" (PS3)/NEW,
(4).  "Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly" (PS2).C.I.B. - forgot that I already had a copy of this one  :o
(5).  "Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia" (DS)/C.I.B.

~$35 for the 5 games...

amauriel

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2012, 05:19:56 pm »
I caved and bought the Japanese version, but my Holy Grail game is finally on its way to me...Jack Bros. for the Virtual Boy!

I had been debating between the two. The U.S. version box has these creepy versions of the boys (Pyro Jack, Jack Frost, and Jack Skeleton) but I've been trying to get the U.S. releases of every Megami game if they've been released here. Problem is, it's around $175 on eBay, cart only.

The Japanese version has the adorable Jack Frost we know and love on the box/cart, and the subtitle text on the box reads "Hee-ho at the Labyrinth!" which is pretty much fantastic. Today the best price I've ever seen popped up on a Buy It Now (gotta love those custom search notifications), and it was complete besides. So I went ahead and sorta broke my rule about the versions I'm getting. I figure at this point I just want to PLAY it, and then when it comes back around to being the only one I need, I'll worry about it again. Shipping and everything is going to be less than $50, so I figure that getting it for almost a quarter of the price, and complete, makes it worth making the exception.

Now I've just gotta wait for it to be shipped from Japan...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2012, 05:20:17 pm »
I just preordered The Last Story through Newegg since they had a $12 off preorder offer for me and will then switch my TLS preorder I'd originally made with GS to a Borderlands 2 preorder.  I probably won't get the vault edition as I don't really have space for it (and the loot edition is all gone, I believe).  Apparently GS has an exclusive "dome" addition for all preorders, in addition the mechromancer, etc. stuff.

I never preorder anything really, so it must mean something that I'm preordering now... (probably just the goodies!)

...DON'T forget to double-check those sizes/dimensions of those LE's *BEFORE* riding off on your bicycle to pick them up XD!

desocietas

« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:21 pm »
...DON'T forget to double-check those sizes/dimensions of those LE's *BEFORE* riding off on your bicycle to pick them up XD!

Ha, seriously.  Thankfully the GS I preordered with is next door to my work, so if decide to cave and get the vault edition (who knows how big it is), I'll have a place to store it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas