Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27289 times)

forte

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 05:13:21 pm »
This makes me happy :D Everything is in such good condition, it's unreal.
The deal was US only but Forte snagged it for me ^_^

<3

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 06:57:54 pm »
Sorry for the bad phone camera picture, but I thought I'd share.

Picked up the Zelda DS Lite yesterday. Local used game store just puts $80 on all their DS Lites, no matter what version. This one has the original gold stylus and the original gold Slot-2 cover, so I couldn't resist. They go for slightly cheaper on eBay sometimes, but they're never complete like this, and it's in almost perfect shape. Put it with my Zelda 3DS to show my Facebook friends and used the same photo, hence the 3DS at the bottom.

Nice on the DS! :D
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

atariboy

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 07:33:52 pm »
My finds for the last couple of weeks:

Xbox/360 Games:

PS3 Games:

PS2 Games:

Gamecube Games:

PC Games:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:41:08 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 10:43:24 pm »
I really want to try Afrika but I haven't found it for a price that I am willing to play.

Have you put any time in with it?

atariboy

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »
Not yet, just got it yesterday, so hopefully I can put some time into it this week. I ended up paying $20 through Walmart.com and free shipping when picking up in store. I figured it wasn't too bad of a price.

htimreimer

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 12:29:25 am »
good finds but i feel sorry that you have dark fall thats not a fun game

scott

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 12:46:32 am »
Akai Katana arrived the other day. I've only gotten a few games in so far, but It's awesome as all Cave shooters are.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 01:47:11 pm »
Ronalopolis played Afrika a bunch when he first got his copy. It's pretty much a realistic, African, Pokemon Snap. He had a good time with it but it's one of those games that you have to know is not going to be action packed when you get it. I just watched him while playing something on my DS, so I haven't personally played it yet.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 04:22:13 pm »
Atariboy, nice work on the GC games!  Most of my GSs have shipped them off to some other store to sell but not display on the floor.  Totally unable to browse them and check conditions at the same time... so lame!  I'm more than willing to take some off their hands if it were less trouble to look at them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36:07 pm »
I know this seems like forever ago, but I don't generally forget important things. :P

I just now got the Harvest Moon Alpaca. I did find out, in watching them on eBay, that the ones given out at E3 that year have a white face and feet, while the pre-order ones were brown, so now I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap white one.

The alpaca ended up costing me $12 (after shipping) and the game was $20, so I only saved $8 vs. buying it new. I guess from now on I'll just pre-order them when they have the toys rather than go through the hassle for months after. But I'm back to saying that I have all the pre-order toys they've ever done again.  ;D

I have the pre-order Alpaca, but the one with the white face is pretty cute!  Would be nice to have a pair like this one: https://twitter.com/pikoeri/status/210948205498736640/photo/1/large
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

atariboy

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2012, 11:52:24 pm »
Atariboy, nice work on the GC games!  Most of my GSs have shipped them off to some other store to sell but not display on the floor.  Totally unable to browse them and check conditions at the same time... so lame!  I'm more than willing to take some off their hands if it were less trouble to look at them.
I've gotten lucky most GS's in my area carry Gamecube games, I stop in every once in a great while and I find new titles, they say they will not be carrying them much longer and be sides they are buy 2 get one free.

desocietas

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 12:09:47 am »
I've gotten lucky most GS's in my area carry Gamecube games, I stop in every once in a great while and I find new titles, they say they will not be carrying them much longer and be sides they are buy 2 get one free.

Yeah, all of my stores happened to remove all their GC stock off the floor once that B2G1 started (which was so quietly advertised that when I asked an employee about it she had no idea what I was talking about until she asked a manager).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

blipcs76

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 09:35:05 am »
That's a huge haul Atariboy!  You certainly have a humbling collection.  I thought mine was big until I came across collections like yours.

I went out and hit garage sales again this weekend and had moderate success:

NES - Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
SNES - Daffy Duck Marvin Missions
N64 - San Francisco Rush (nice CIB)
Wii - Spy Games Elevator Mission (it was $2)
XBox360 - Assassin's Creed, Left 4 Dead 2 ($5 each)
XBox - Worms Forts Under Seige, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II <-- Best find of the week.  It's pretty rare.

I also picked up DVDs of Taxi Driver Special Edition and 12 Monkeys for 50ยข each.

jobocan

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »
Got my boxed limited edition (42/100) grey-cartridge copy of Nomolos: Storming the Catsle on NES... yay?

atariboy

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »
Thanks, I've worked at it for a long time. I've been lucky to have great pawn shops, Thrift stores and great yard sales here in Idaho.