Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27182 times)

desocietas

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 05:29:55 pm »
Gave in and purchased this lil' fella:

Not sure I'll ever take him out of the package, but he does look pretty slick.

How big is that thing and how much was it? I dont know shit about Borderlands but I like silly displays.

I think I got it from Gearbox (the company who made Borderlands) for about $30 total or so.  Here's some nice images on this site (looks like the bandit is about 7" tall for comparison):
http://www.figures.com/forums/news/15446-advance-look-necas-borderlands-series-1-a.html#post59622
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 06:32:19 pm »
Just received Lollipop Chainsaw (including an inflatable chainsaw!) on PS3 and Gravity Rush on Vita (finally something to play on that thing). w00t!

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »
Got Gungnir today!  Thank goodness I pre-ordered the game... Apparently none of the Gamestops in town were going to stock the game except for the one that ALL the way on the other side of town (and that was a maybe, not even for certain)... so the other stores only get the pre-order copies.  I was the only one to pre-order at a certain store... and because of that, it took them like half an hour to find the darn game.  But hey, got the game (still sealed, thank goodness they didn't gut it for selling it!) and now I don't have to worry trying to grab it later... unlike the rest of the PSP Sting games.  :p
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2012, 09:37:00 am »
Got Gungnir today!  Thank goodness I pre-ordered the game... Apparently none of the Gamestops in town were going to stock the game except for the one that ALL the way on the other side of town (and that was a maybe, not even for certain)... so the other stores only get the pre-order copies.  I was the only one to pre-order at a certain store... and because of that, it took them like half an hour to find the darn game.  But hey, got the game (still sealed, thank goodness they didn't gut it for selling it!) and now I don't have to worry trying to grab it later... unlike the rest of the PSP Sting games.  :p

Did it come w/ any pre-order bonuses/extras?

Also, looking forward to what you think of the game once you get around to playing it :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2012, 03:46:59 pm »

Did it come w/ any pre-order bonuses/extras?

Also, looking forward to what you think of the game once you get around to playing it :P
Nah, no extras or anything, I just pre-ordered because I was a little worried about finding it since the PSP is pretty dead already in the eyes of gaming stores.

And I'll let you know, though my backog is pretty darn large already, so it'll probably take a while to get around to it.  xD
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

jcalder8

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2012, 06:32:45 pm »
I picked up a few things today and I did something I haven't done since the N64 release if WWF No Mercy, I placed a pre-order. Actually I only placed it as a present for my wife since she loves the Lego games I bought her Batman 2.

I picked up for myself:
Ping Pals $2
Prey the stars $4
Nintendogs Golden Retriever +cats $10 New
Green Lantern 360 $5 New
Rage Anarchy Edition 360 $10 New
Dungeon Siege III 360 $10 New

Very good day so far and I will be picking up Mario Bros Wii for $15 tonight.

amauriel

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:17 pm »
When Gaiages mentioned the Shin Megami games a while back, and mentioned DemiKids, it got me thinking. I didn't have either of the DemiKids games! A GameStop search found that if I could find one that had it in stock, it was WAY cheaper than Amazon or eBay. Well, every time I've gone anywhere, I've searched GameStop's site for the area I was going to...

A little detour from visiting my parents yesterday resulted in getting DemiKids: Dark Version at 75% off their already ridiculous low price. So I paid $1. Another $2.50 got me Yggdra Union and $2.50 for Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. So three Atlus GBA games for $6.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:49:25 pm by amauriel »
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2012, 12:22:47 am »
When Gaiages mentioned the Shin Megami games a while back, and mentioned DemiKids, it got me thinking. I didn't have either of the DemiKids games! A GameStop search found that if I could find one that had it in stock, it was WAY cheaper than Amazon or eBay. Well, every time I've gone anywhere, I've searched GameStop's site for the area I was going to...

A little detour from visiting my parents yesterday resulted in getting DemiKids: Dark Version at 75% off their already ridiculous low price. So I paid $1. Another $2.50 got me Yggdra Union and $2.50 for Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. So three Atlus GBA games for $6.

Nice!  It's so hard finding complete GBA games now - most stores just don't carry them as kids don't care about games being CIB.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2012, 01:05:47 am »
Nice!  It's so hard finding complete GBA games now - most stores just don't carry them as kids don't care about games being CIB.

It's hard finding GBA games period. I asked the guy at the store (it's in a super rural area) and he says there's a gentleman that pre-orders every Atlus game and then resells them shortly after. Then they don't sell until someone like me makes a special trip because they're the only ones that still have them. So they're pristine because they have only had one owner and he obviously cares about them.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2012, 04:50:19 pm »

It's hard finding GBA games period. I asked the guy at the store (it's in a super rural area) and he says there's a gentleman that pre-orders every Atlus game and then resells them shortly after. Then they don't sell until someone like me makes a special trip because they're the only ones that still have them. So they're pristine because they have only had one owner and he obviously cares about them.

Weird, I wonder why he resells them all...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »
I just got Megaman Soccer (SNES), a MEGA Programmable Controller (NES), and Kid Klown (NES).  I picked them all up for $45.  It wasn't a steal, but it seemed like a fair deal for everyone involved.

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2012, 05:23:26 pm »

Nice!  Actually, that's how I got Demikids: Light Version... Saw it at a Gamestop when they were trying to get rid of GBA games, and I think I paid like $1.50 for it.  I also got Advance Wars and... something... else, I can't remember, that day.  Good old inventory purging! :)

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »
@turf  I don't know why but I freaking LOVE Megaman Soccer, I actually played recently too with a friend.

jcalder8

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2012, 11:30:12 pm »
@turf  I don't know why but I freaking LOVE Megaman Soccer, I actually played recently too with a friend.
I am hoping to find a copy soon, I remember renting it growing up and I have had an itch to play it again. I was actually surprised that it wasn't selling for more on Ebay.

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 12:58:53 am »
I am hoping to find a copy soon, I remember renting it growing up and I have had an itch to play it again. I was actually surprised that it wasn't selling for more on Ebay.

I don't know If I'd enjoy it single player, but multi is a blast