Author Topic: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 27011 times)

soera

Re: June 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2012, 06:24:19 pm »
Man that DQ VI display is awesome. Its not generic like a lot of other promotional hang-ups. I am going to look for one now!

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2012, 11:23:43 pm »
WOW @brettybluevein!  Nice pick ups!

blipcs76

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2012, 09:41:22 am »
I was in Seattle for 2 weeks, just got back home on the 11th, and I absolutely wreaked havoc upon the Sega CD/Sega Saturn market up there. Hit 7 different fantastic retro gaming stores and wound up with 21 new Saturn, and 11 new Sega CD games. These are some of my favorites.

OK, jealous.  Did you get a deal on them?  I know that Keio Flying Squadron is one of the most valuable Sega CD games.

blipcs76

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2012, 09:45:21 am »
Slow weekend for me.  The garage sales were looking promising and I had Friday off so I had a great opportunity to pick up some great deals, unfortunately it was raining all morning, so none of the sales I marked were open.  I was busy Saturday and couldn't go back to see if they were open then.

I did manage to pick up a few things at my local retro gaming store:

Silver Wavebird
PN03 (GC)
Grape Game Boy Color - This leaves the Dandelion (yellow) GBC as the last piece I need in my GBC collection.

And I found one gaming item at a garage sale:
12" Plush Wario for 25ยข ;)

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2012, 12:29:38 pm »
WOW @brettybluevein!  Nice pick ups!

Thanks very much. I had been looking to add most of these titles for awhile so it was great to pick them up.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2012, 12:33:54 pm »
I was in Seattle for 2 weeks, just got back home on the 11th, and I absolutely wreaked havoc upon the Sega CD/Sega Saturn market up there. Hit 7 different fantastic retro gaming stores and wound up with 21 new Saturn, and 11 new Sega CD games. These are some of my favorites.

OK, jealous.  Did you get a deal on them?  I know that Keio Flying Squadron is one of the most valuable Sega CD games.

I got a lot of great deals because I would go into shops and buy out most if not all of their mid-high end Saturn/Sega CD games, so most places were willing to work with me. Keio is the most expensive Sega CD game, so I'm really glad to have it checked off of my list. Also, it is such a fun game!!
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2012, 12:49:41 pm »
Eh...I went into Gamestop to pay off my pre-order of Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the PSP (I *HATE* to owe $ to anyone...even Gamestop; apparently :)

...and decided to pre-order/pay off a 2nd copy of the game...what the hell...looks like it's "Goodbye PSP RPG's" after it, anyway :(

While I was in there, I picked up a copy of Half Minute Hero for ~ $10...I'd been seeing it for $15...and getting dropped to $10 convinced me to get it...don't really know very much about it, though :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2012, 12:57:55 pm »
Eh...I went into Gamestop to pay off my pre-order of Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for the PSP (I *HATE* to owe $ to anyone...even Gamestop; apparently :)

...and decided to pre-order/pay off a 2nd copy of the game...what the hell...looks like it's "Goodbye PSP RPG's" after it, anyway :(

While I was in there, I picked up a copy of Half Minute Hero for ~ $10...I'd been seeing it for $15...and getting dropped to $10 convinced me to get it...don't really know very much about it, though :P

I'll have to get Half-Minute Hero myself if it's dropped that low!  I like those quirky games even if I don't play them too often.  Stuff like What Did I Do to Deserve This?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »
Yeah, I really like those quirky types of games, too...and really - for $10...even if it sucks...it's no great loss & probably still re-sellable for what it cost anyhow...playing games for free is never a *BAD THING  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

forte

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

Added these today, Mega Man X3 PAL PS1 and Rockman X3 Genesis pirate

urbanchaos

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2012, 07:14:53 pm »
Just won those two on eBay:

- Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures (SNES) (sorry for the blurry pic, I took it from the eBay auction)

- Famicom to NES Converter (w/ what appears to be a pirate copy of Side Pocket. I don't really care for the pirate copy, I really just wanted a Famicom to NES converter)

pacpix

« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »
I do not know how I missed it when it came out because it sounds awesome, but I just downloaded Octodad!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:57 pm »
Let's see... My boyfriend was down in Orlando for the week, and he was able to look around the gaming stores... of course, there wasn't anything around, unfortunately.  He did, however, get a little Bob-Omb toy with candy in it... a nice little thing to add to my 'Mario candy thing' collection... I have all the mushroom colors and the ? block, so yay for something new~

After he got back, we went over to the non-Gamestop game store in our town... we picked up Shadows of the Damned (PS3) for $20, and I grabbed Bomberman Max 2: Red Advance for $5.  The latter, I played the first long ago and enjoyed it... so I'd figure to give the sequel a try.  :)
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

urbanchaos

« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2012, 12:17:41 am »
Just bought the following from tjpugmire:

- Mike Tyson's Punch Out! (NES)

jobocan

« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2012, 12:26:34 am »

Added these today, Mega Man X3 PAL PS1 and Rockman X3 Genesis pirate

Rockman X3 on genesis? That HAS to be crappy :P