Author Topic: Xbox SmartGlass  (Read 4319 times)

htimreimer

Xbox SmartGlass
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:03:29 am »
all i have to say is it the wii u but you need a expensive tablet

ffxik

Re: Xbox SmartGlass
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 07:56:37 am »
Well, that was vague.  All I can say is, do you think the price of controllers is bad now?

Hell Sony and Microsoft actually have Nintendo beat with controller prices this generation, when you think about it.  I'm also not counting the Move and Kinect.  Since they wern't part of the plan originally.

360 wireless $49.99
PS3 wireless $59.99
Wii Remote $29.99
Nunchuck $19.99
Motion Pus (Required for some games)  $19.99

I can't wait to see the ungodly price they slap to that monstrocity they cooked up this time.  It's time to do away with the gimmiks and gadgets folks.  When the controller costs every bit as much as a new game, or in the Wii Us case (more than likely) half the price of the system.  Something isn't right

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:02 am »
Despite spending so much time talking about it at their conference, we really don't know much about SmartGlass, other than it requires an up-to-date tablet.

I think it's cool that they're trying to do combine all their different products (Windows 8, tablet apps, Windows Phone, Xbox) into a sort of massive seamless service, but it's kinda worthless to most people.... right? And yeah, the whole "let's copy the Wii U but with a super expensive tablet instead of a probably cheap controller" part was rather laughable.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:38:50 am »
Despite spending so much time talking about it at their conference, we really don't know much about SmartGlass, other than it requires an up-to-date tablet.

I think it's cool that they're trying to do combine all their different products (Windows 8, tablet apps, Windows Phone, Xbox) into a sort of massive seamless service, but it's kinda worthless to most people.... right? And yeah, the whole "let's copy the Wii U but with a super expensive tablet instead of a probably cheap controller" part was rather laughable.
the massive seamless service is cool but windows 8 is crap and windows phone is good but i rather have android phone or iphone plus this mss probably won't  be compatible with windows 7 ,android or iphone
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:40:37 am by htimreimer »

scott

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:15:07 am »
In all honesty, if I get a new console next gen, it looks like I'm hopping back to Nintendo. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:19:57 am »
In all honesty, if I get a new console next gen, it looks like I'm hopping back to Nintendo. ha

Seems like the logical choice so far, what with Sony not having a new console announced this year (which means they'll announce it next year and release it in 2014), and Microsoft being happy with the 360 it seems.

teknophyl

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:51 am »
windows 8 is crap

what information do you have to base this on? are you running the Consumer Preview?

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:59:15 am »
windows 8 is crap

what information do you have to base this on? are you running the Consumer Preview?
you have to use it to know why it crap

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:15 am »
I don't think the point is to make people go out and buy a tablet it's to allow people who already have one the opportunity to use it with their Xbox. I don't own a tablet but I would rather buy a $300 device that I can use for other things besides just gaming than a $75(I'm guessing) controller that I can only use for games. I thought that the presenter said that it would work with Android as well as Windows phones.

I think that it has potential if it's used correctly but then I think the same thing about Kinect and that hasn't been used as well as it could be. I want to see manuals pull up on my phone, maps, hints and tips after I day, links to U-tube videos showing you how to beat a level, commentary from the director of the movie as you watch a Netflix movie.... All of this could be down with a smart phone or tablet.

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 10:33:05 am »

This looks like the logical choice atm. I have always hated Xbox systems. Crappy controllers and more time wasted by the company supporting online FPS bullshit. I love Playstation systems but it looks like they arent adding anything new this year. And lately they have been trying to compete with Microsoft on the stupid FPS shit. The lack of serious JRPGs on any system makes me sad anyhow.

teknophyl

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:54 am »
windows 8 is crap

Somehow I expected that kind of answer. Stock MS trashing just because its MS. Anyway...

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

htimreimer

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 11:40:04 am »
windows 8 is crap

Somehow I expected that kind of answer. Stock MS trashing just because its MS. Anyway...
i have use windows sense windows 95 so i am not trashing microsoft just because its microsoft but windows 8 is just crap

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:26 am »
windows 8 is crap

i have use windows sense windows 95 so i am not trashing microsoft just because its microsoft but windows 8 is just crap

Windows 8 is designed to be used with a tablet... are you using it on a tablet?

It is a poor replacement to windows 7 if using a Desktop/Laptop. Although it does run games better for the most part.

psydswipe

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 12:34:14 pm »

This looks like the logical choice atm. I have always hated Xbox systems. Crappy controllers and more time wasted by the company supporting online FPS bullshit. I love Playstation systems but it looks like they arent adding anything new this year. And lately they have been trying to compete with Microsoft on the stupid FPS shit. The lack of serious JRPGs on any system makes me sad anyhow.

The Wii U Pro Controller looks a lot like the Xbox 360 gamepad. The only big difference is the placement of the second stick. In any case, the Wii U is the easy choice not to get for myself since I hardly use the Wii. That was the first Nintendo console I ever purchased but I find it difficult to enjoy Nintendo games, guess it's more for people that grew up on Nintendo platforms.

I don't really have anything to say in regards to the topic of this thread  ;) (never owned a smartphone or tablet and have no desire to)

htimreimer

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:58 pm »
windows 8 is crap

Windows 8 is designed to be used with a tablet
and that's the problem  tablets are just a fad