Author Topic: Namco is Making the new Smash Bros  (Read 1838 times)

htimreimer

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:29:57 pm by matt »

jobocan

Re: Namco is Makeing the New Smash Bros
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:24 am »
I'll be honest here... Your posts are almost always "check this link, tell me what you think", and frankly I don't believe that's conducive to discussion. You really should say something about what you want to spur discussion about, most of the times I see your posts I don't feel like saying anything because you're not saying anything yourself, you're just posting links and just leaving it at that... Just a thought :P

That being said, to keep this post on topic, it's good to see that they're at least getting some competent people to work on it (Geundam Extreme Vs. was fun, and the Tekken guys know a thing or 2 about fighting games), and Sakurai being at the forefront of the projects makes me confident that he'll make sure throughout the development that the final product will be quality.

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:36:35 am »
That being said, to keep this post on topic, it's good to see that they're at least getting some competent people to work on it (Geundam Extreme Vs. was fun, and the Tekken guys know a thing or 2 about fighting games), and Sakurai being at the forefront of the projects makes me confident that he'll make sure throughout the development that the final product will be quality.

do you think we will see any tekken.geundam or any other namco characters in this one

pacpix

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 10:47:26 am »
I hope Pac-Man is added in this game!:)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

htimreimer

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 10:49:49 am »
I hope Pac-Man is added in this game!:)
now that would be interested :-\

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 10:57:44 am »
I don't think we'll be seeing too many Namco characters, if any at all... But if we do, I totally want to see Pac-Man duking it out with Mario and Sonic :P

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:44 am »
I don't think we'll be seeing too many Namco characters, if any at all... But if we do, I totally want to see Pac-Man duking it out with Mario and Sonic :P
that would be awesome 8)

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:32:20 pm »
I'll be honest here... Your posts are almost always "check this link, tell me what you think", and frankly I don't believe that's conducive to discussion. You really should say something about what you want to spur discussion about, most of the times I see your posts I don't feel like saying anything because you're not saying anything yourself, you're just posting links and just leaving it at that... Just a thought :P

I 100% agree. We've had this discussion in private as well.

@htim - Please add to the discussion and don't simply post a link with a generic "what are your thoughts?"

Re: Namco is Making the new Smash Bros
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
Uh.... I dont know about pac man, maybe kind of cool if done right, but I thought he was/is a dumb character in Street Fighter X Tekken

jobocan

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 06:22:04 pm »
Uh.... I dont know about pac man, maybe kind of cool if done right, but I thought he was/is a dumb character in Street Fighter X Tekken

That's because they put him in a dumb robot. Pac-man on his own could be plenty fun, I'm sure... Okay, I'm not exactly sure what his moveset would be like, but whatever, they'd figure something out.

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »
Namco characters: I'd want to see KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. That'd make my year.

And then anyone from the Soul Calibur games. I don't think that's too far-fetched, actually, as Link was in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 11:31:17 pm »
I'm personally rather excited to see how this goes. Namco has made quite a few amazing fighting games, and their help with Smash can only be beneficial.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 11:54:47 pm »
And then anyone from the Soul Calibur games. I don't think that's too far-fetched, actually, as Link was in the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II.
I think that would be pretty cool as well!
I agree with you too "exonerator" They certainly have and I dont think anyone should be worried at all about it. It should be great

ffxik

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 03:59:49 am »
Namco characters: I'd want to see KOS-MOS from Xenosaga. That'd make my year.

KOS MOS proves in Xenosaga III that she could handle her own in  a fist fight.  Heck they could even giver her an alt outfit for T ELOS

Soul Calibur sure why not.

That was probably the most idiotic thing I ever seen.  On both companies stand points.  The game being Street Fighter X Tekken it pretty much restricts characters from those properties imo.  With the inclusion of the "other" characters, they should have named it Capcom X Namco.  We could have gotten a more varied roster of fighters, can't say that it wouldn't still be a broken mess.

amauriel

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 04:11:10 am »
My Swapnote group is voting for a cameo from the Katamari Prince. That one is actually silly enough for them to consider, but he's never been on a Nintendo console...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."