Author Topic: PS3 Exclusive RPGs?  (Read 1541 times)

scott

PS3 Exclusive RPGs?
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »
I need to buff up my library of PS3 games. I currently only have 3 games for the system. LittleBigPlanet, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots and 3D Dot Game Heroes.

What I really want to know is if there are any really good exclusive RPGs for the system.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: PS3 Exclusive RPGs?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 04:26:58 pm »
As a huge RPG fan (and a long-time lover of & supporter of NISA (and other similar) games); I'm sure that I'm a bit more biased than most...and I'm also sure that I'd rate/review/"*Grade*" these games in a more forgiving light and much more leniently than others might...

...SO, w/ that said, I'll just be listing some particular, exclusive PS3 RPG's that I've bought/played --*BUT*-- I will *INTENTIONALLY* be refraining from offering any of my opinions concerning the quality of them :P

NOTE: The games I'll be listing will be "PS3-Exclusive" only in that they're not on the 360...I really know very little about which of the following may have/may have not also had PC releases/versions...

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice,
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Atelier Rorona,
Atelier Totori,
Atelier Mururu

Demon's Souls

Trinity Universe

Cross Edge

Hyperdimension Neptunia,
Hyperdimension Neptunia: MK-2

Ar tonelico (3): Qoga: The Knell of Ar-Ciel

Valkyria Chronicles

Tales of Graces: F

...off of the top of my head/I'm sure there's some I forgot (not in front of my games right now).

*PS*:  Of course, there's all of the "PS1 Classics" you can buy/play on your PS3 (or PSP, for that matter)...

Also (although they're 'down-loadable-only' titles) - there's also:

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls,

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement,

(-and, while not an RPG...I believe that Journey (and other "That Game Company" games for sale on PSN may also be exclusive to the PS3.

There's probably A LOT more titles only available from PSN that I'm unaware of (since I'm *almost* strictly a "Physical"/"Being able to see, touch, feel, sell, etc" 'kind-of-guy')...so it would probably be a good idea for you to check-out some of the "PSN-Only" games, too.

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »
I bought Star Ocean: the Last Hope, International (or however you're supposed to write that title out) since it varied enough from the XBox version to justify buying an RPG for a console I don't have. 

According to wikipedia:

An international version of the game was released by Square Enix as a worldwide PlayStation 3-exclusive on February 9, 2010.[5] Officially known as Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, the game contains both Japanese and English voices as well as new content that is exclusive to the international version of the game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »

I bought Star Ocean: the Last Hope, International (or however you're supposed to write that title out) since it varied enough from the XBox version to justify buying an RPG for a console I don't have

Why would you do that?

Are you planning on getting a PS3 in the future...or did you just buy it from a "COLLECTING" aspect?!

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 04:57:18 pm »

I bought Star Ocean: the Last Hope, International (or however you're supposed to write that title out) since it varied enough from the XBox version to justify buying an RPG for a console I don't have

Why would you do that?

Are you planning on getting a PS3 in the future...or did you just buy it from a "COLLECTING" aspect?!

Ha, I bought 3D Dot Game Heroes, too, knowing that I won't be able to play it.  I have a few PS3 games and a PS3 controller already from when I had a roommate with a PS3.  I figure I'll eventually get a PS3 when they're super cheap or if a future gen console has the backwards compatibility to play it.

So, to answer your question... both?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »
I bought Katamari Damacy before I had a PS2. It was such an underground title at the time and I'd heard it wasn't going to be reprinted. My Gamestop had only gotten 1 copy and said they weren't getting any more. Plus it came out in the U.S. at $20. So I got it and played it a few months later when the PS2 Slim became the first thing that Ronalopolis and I bought together as a couple (awwwww).

Then people caught on to Katamari, and prices got crazy high for like 3 months. Then Namco reprinted it, and I could have gotten it everywhere. Ah, well.

Point is, I get buying games for consoles you don't even own. It makes sense to me.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:07:57 am »
It makes sense to me, too.

I've bought sealed games for platforms that I'll never own for ~ $1/each at garage sales - but that's strictly w/ a "investment"/ sell later for a profit kind of thing...I was just curious about why desocietas did/does it  8)

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 09:59:29 am »
Sometimes a deal is just too good to pass up!  ::)

I have a few Wii games too but no Wii.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:00:53 am »
Anyway to get back on topic... Demon Souls is a classic if you don't already have it! And the servers for it are still up.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:21 am »
Sometimes a deal is just too good to pass up!  ::)

I have a few Wii games too but no Wii.

Me Too!

So far, the *only* games that I've bought for a system that I don't own are the Wii games that I found at a garage sale a few weeks ago (still sealed) for $1.00 each :)

scott

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 12:35:47 pm »
Oh thanks Disgaeniac! I'll keep  those in mind.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »
Oh thanks Disgaeniac! I'll keep  those in mind.

No problem :)