Author Topic: Last Chance for 'Last Story'  (Read 3086 times)

Last Chance for 'Last Story'
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:30:39 pm »
If you haven't reserved it already, go reserve the last story for Wii.

You will get a limited edition version, with awesome box art. There is a limited run on this game, and it is a cult rpg coming out toward the end of a system's life cycle. This has VALUE written all over it.

Perfect example - go look what Xenoblade used is going for on eBay. The artbook pre order is selling for about $20 and the game used is about $40-$60.

Last Story will have less copies and a one time run for LE. Good investment to buy two if you ask me.

Thoughts?
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

desocietas

Re: Last Chance for 'Last Story'
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »
Wait, did the release date change (again)?  I swore it was for the first or second week of July...

And I can't see any info on Gamestop, but I was forced to preorder with GS when I asked for a "free" copy of the Xenoblade artbook, and am wondering if GS will have the preorder bonus as well.  I see Amazon mentions it on their item listing.

Thanks for the headsup on the LE!  I was hoping it'd have some sort of goodie.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:43:26 am »
Ugh, I'd be all over this if it were for another system... any other system

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:10:35 am »
Ugh, I'd be all over this if it were for another system... any other system

It's so funny, I was playing Xenoblade for like 40 hours and I was like, "these graphics are pretty good, I don't know what all the fuss is about."

Then I went to my friends house who showed me FF 13-2. Wow. I was so used to Xenoblades graphics that I forgot what amazing graphics look like.

Still, for someone that plays 16bit games to this day, graphics are important but not the most important thing to me.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 02:49:15 pm »
It's never been graphics that bother me, but I just can't buy into Nintendo's "Lets change how people play games" control schemes.  Some people love it, I get that.  It's just not for me...  That new nintendo tablet is even worse imo.  You can only concentrate on one screen at a time as well, I don't know WHY i would ever want to use a controller I have to charge daily.  Sorry, I'm off topic.  Last Story looks amazing though!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:22:50 pm »
?

Not all games use Nintendo's Wii motion controls, thank God.

I play xenoblade, Fire Emblem with this:

I'll use the same one for Last Story, too.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »
Oh man, I just cancelled my preorder for TLS this morning so I could switch it over to Borderlands 2 (I preordered TLS with Newegg for less).  But then XSeed just tweeted 20 minutes ago that preorders will come with both an artbook (for all launch copies) and a preorder-only soundtrack... I emailed Newegg, and their copies will *not* come with the soundtrack.

Waaah.

Guess I'll have to go through Amazon then :\

UPDATE:  aggggh now Newegg changed their TLS description to show it *will* come with the soundtrack and I'd already cancelled my preorder that had the $12 discount!  They're getting another email about this... they better give me my discount again... *shakes fist in anger*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:22:04 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 08:35:11 am »
Yay, I've had my copy on reserve for awhile. Glad to see this is a pre-order bonus across all(most) vendors and not some lame  GS exclusive crap.

(oh snap, that was my 1,000th post on the new forums!)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 01:56:11 pm »
Happy 1000th!

Newegg got back to me really quickly and said I could preorder and once the order became a "normal" order (processing), I can email and have them put my $12 discount back on.  w00t.  An annoyance, but at least I know I got a good deal and will have all the goodies (that's all that really matters in life).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »
Oh that's good news!

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:37:36 pm »
ARrrrrgh.  Why does it have to be so difficult with Newegg?!

07/11/2012 01:01 PM
Hi, I preordered The Last Story for the Nintendo Wii, and they have announced that for certain retailers, preorders will come with both an art book and soundtrack. I was wondering if Newegg's preorder copies will ship with the soundtrack as well.

Thanks!

Response Via Email (Katherine)07/11/2012 01:04 PM
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We do apologize for this inconvenience, but after checking, we will not ship the item with soundtrack. Let us know if you have further concerns. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

07/11/2012 09:19 PM
Hi, I contacted customer support earlier today to inquire about The Last Story soundtrack CD that came with preorders for certain retailers. They told me that Newegg preorders for that title will unfortunately not come with the soundtrack CD, so I decided to cancel my preorder. Now, it looks like the item listing has been amended to show that it *will* come with the soundtrack CD. I want to preorder again with Newegg, but my previous order had a promotional discount of $12 off. Is there anyway to add that back on? I would not have cancelled my preorder had I not been told that the soundtrack would not be included.

Thanks, Nancy

Response Via Email (Dennis)07/11/2012 09:39 PM
Dear Nancy,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. In this case, please rest assured to reorder it online. Please feel free to email me back at dennis.x.wu@newegg.com once the Pre-order changes to a normal order so I may issue you a credit of $12 for you to cover the promo code by then. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:04 PM
Hi Dennis!

Looks like the pre-order has changed to a regular order, and I wanted to see if it was still possible to get that $12 credit on The Last Story (Wii) + artbook & CD.

Thanks again for the understanding!

Response Via Email (Dennis)08/15/2012 01:44 PM
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for writing back to us.

Your information is very much appreciated. I do apologize, but unfortunately, I am not able to honor you the credit of $12 since the preorder has been transferred to a normal order. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

THIS IS SO STUPID.   I responded back to Newegg in general instead of Dennis, so hopefully someone else will see that he totally contradicted what he had said a month ago.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 07:23:18 pm »
Ok, they realized their mistake and fixed it.  Still.  SO STUPID.  For a company like Newegg, you'd think their customer support would be more on top of it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »
That's ridiculous. I've only ever ordered one thing from NewEgg and that was the 3D Dot Game Heroes you told me about. It really felt like their set up is kinda... off. Like, I know they are a trusted vendor but the way their cart and check out worked it seemed really... um.. not good.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 02:45:07 am »
Yeah, it's kinda silly that a company that toots its own horn about being nerd-friendly and aiming to please people who know a lot about what they're purchasing, they have a kinda lousy site.

I've used them a bit and they're totally fine for some good sales - and the customer reviews they have really are pretty good for tech stuff - but lesson learned about their customer support.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:15 pm »
Apparently my copy shipped from Amazon today and is en-route.... No idea when I'll be able to play it though... :(