Author Topic: "Dear Gamers" / "Gaming-Manifesto"  (Read 1460 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Dear Gamers" / "Gaming-Manifesto"
« on: June 26, 2012, 06:56:52 pm »
 I'd honestly never even heard of this girl until 1-2 weeks ago (when/where I remember reading her name in a, IIRC "E3" topic on another site...

Anyhow, a few days later, I saw her name, remembered seeing it for the 1st time just recently - and so I clicked-on the link next to it.

I found it such a poignant, relevant, and pleasureable read...that I thought that I'd post it here so some of the rest of you can (maybe) enjoy it as much as I did :)

http://facebook.com/notes/aisha-tyler/dear-...rs/10151040991508993

PS:

I think I'm in love  :-*
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Re: "Dear Gamers" / "Gaming-Manifesto"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »
Fuck yea! She does the voice of Lana Kane in Archer too!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:07:52 pm »

Fuck yea! She does the voice of Lana Kane in Archer too!

-Just from reading that "letter" of hers (the one that the link takes you to)...well...she just comes across as an *AWESOME* person, in general.

Also, IMO, she's obviously & convincingly dead-serious when it comes to her gaming...

Furthermore, she's assertive, strong, waaay sexy, confident, and well-written when she's explaining/'defending' her gaming-related stances & opinions!

Lastly...the fact that she's just so damned...

*Smokin' *HOT**

...doesn't hurt anything, either  :-*

P.S.:

Some of my other friends have also mentioned "Archer"...and the fact that I should be watching it, and that it's something that several people who know me pretty well *IRL* (that know my preferences/tastes, likes, and dis-likes pretty well) all seem to think that it's something that I'd like!

So can someone/anyone here tell me more about who, what, when, where, why, and a brief summary/description of what it's like; please?!

*AND* -

If anyone knows the story about what happened (as in where/why she was verbally-attacked and/or flamed)...and what all of this is/was in response to...I'd like to hear more about it  8)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:20:46 pm »
Archer is about a secret agent who's boss is his mom and he does pretty much whatever he wants. Lana Kane is Archers secret agent ex girlfriend... she left him because of his mommy issues. Lots of violence, sex and crude humor.

Its all animated awesomeness.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »
Archer is about a secret agent who's boss is his mom and he does pretty much whatever he wants. Lana Kane is Archers secret agent ex girlfriend... she left him because of his mommy issues. Lots of violence, sex and crude humor.

Its all animated awesomeness.

Huh...I'll be looking into that, then...

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:54:23 pm »
I think all of the seasons are on netflix

psydswipe

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 06:00:16 am »
So can someone/anyone here tell me more about who, what, when, where, why, and a brief summary/description of what it's like; please?!

*AND* -

If anyone knows the story about what happened (as in where/why she was verbally-attacked and/or flamed)...and what all of this is/was in response to...I'd like to hear more about it  8)

I thought Archer was kind of a James Bond spoof, maybe a bit like Get Smart. I've only seen the first couple episodes though.

I believe that letter Aisha wrote was in response to all the idiots on the Internet saying some rude things after she hosted Ubisoft's E3 press conference.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:46:41 am »
I read the Wikipedia page about "Archer" & its characters, and I'm ready to find & order the 1st season and give it a try  ;D