Author Topic: Is it possible...???  (Read 5382 times)

Is it possible...???
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:08:59 am »
The reason why I use this site is because it is acessible on my Android phone, is there a way to have a list that shows the games you don't have. What I mean is if you have 500 or 600 Nintendo games, it would be nicer and easier to be able to pull up a list of the games you don't have. Can this app take the games you do have, subtract them from the games database, and give you the games you are missing???

Re: Is it possible...???
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:29 am »
Seconded!

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 09:41:52 am »
You guys are reading my mind! I've already got something in the works to do just this. Here is the beta page you can play with that I've been working on:

http://vgcollect.com/need.php?username=matt&sort=nes

Simply replace username and sort with your own details. The sort is the url slug for that platform. Once I get the bugs worked out I should have this implementer into the site.

scott

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:01:43 am »
btw, that link fails. When I use it as: http://vgcollect.com/need.php?username=scott&sort=segasaturnna it reports NES, more specifically, your missing nes games. ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:55 am »
Sweet!!! I can't wait till it is completed, the more boxes I go thru the more games I forgot I have and it would really come in handy lol...

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:31 pm »
> scott
> btw, that link fails. When I use it as: http://vgcollect.com/need.php?username=scott&sort=segasaturnna it reports NES, more specifically, your missing nes games. ;)
Ditto!

scott

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 11:31:07 pm »
@pceslayer My link is working now. Hmm. Is yours still acting funny?

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:13:46 am »
No it's working properly now... kinda...

My issue is im getting Matt's listings. For instance http://vgcollect.com/need.php?username=pceslayer&sort=nes brings up his missing not mine.

matt

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 10:54:51 am »
@pceslayer Should be fixed now. It was using my user ID for testing.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 11:54:25 am »
Any progress on this Matt? Could a link be added somewhere to each set within a collection? Like when I click in my Nintendo Entertainment System [NA] listing I have a link at the top that takes me to what I'm missing for that set...

This is extremely useful stuff...

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 01:41:37 pm »
It's not going to really work well until the databases are complete though. I mean, right now it's only useful for systems that they've completed entries on. So if I'm doing ColecoVision, for example, it's going to show I'm only missing like 5 games when my actual missing total is closer to 35. (And I haven't put my Coleco games in here yet, just needed an example.) Right?
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 02:21:36 pm »
It's not going to really work well until the databases are complete though. I mean, right now it's only useful for systems that they've completed entries on. So if I'm doing ColecoVision, for example, it's going to show I'm only missing like 5 games when my actual missing total is closer to 35. (And I haven't put my Coleco games in here yet, just needed an example.) Right?

You are right... It will work better for some more than others depending on what they are collecting at the moment.

The code already seems to work so why not tie it to the lists already?

matt

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 09:46:07 am »
This is coming soon. As you can tell me my absence, I've been crazy busy lately but things are settling down finally so I'll be able to start pushing out more updates.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
This is coming soon. As you can tell me my absence, I've been crazy busy lately but things are settling down finally so I'll be able to start pushing out more updates.

No excuses!!! :p

I feel you on being busy lately :/

scott

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 06:48:03 pm »
And what's he doing? Going to a ball game for "work" psssh. Haha