Author Topic: whats the best finds or deals you got from flea markets/garage sales?  (Read 7374 times)

jcalder8

Re: whats the best finds or deals you got from flea markets/garage sales?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »
I wish that I had a find to contribute but I never seem to have luck at flea markets or garage sales :(

thecollector0o7

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 02:36:33 pm »
virtual boy CIB $20
Super Metroid CIB $10
Atari video Cube $2

theres been ton :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 02:55:48 pm »
A few weeks ago...

For 50 cents!
*Sealed* copy of Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Version, and, at the same sale...

For $1.00 more, I bought:

A "Berry"-colored GBC.
(I had to take out the batteries & their corrosion, clean it up a bit, put some new batteries in it...and it works just fine :)

This GBC had Pokemon Gold already in the system, and loose (carts only in clear, plastic cases) of Frogger & Tetris - all wrapped-up in a nice little, yellow, "Pikachu-themed" GBC-"Pouch" that looks like it probably came as part of a Yellow: Pikachu's Special Version bundle, or something.

About a month earlier, I found 10 PSX games @ $1.00/each (Including FF VII, VIII, IX, Legend of Dragoon, X-Files, Resident Evil: Director's Cut), etc.

I've probably been to ~100 or so worthless sales before I hit those 2 sales, though...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:48:05 pm »
Sega GT 2002/ Jet Set Radio Future & Star wars:Jedi Knight Jedi Academy- $7
first Flea Market find

darko

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:10:19 pm »
I picked up Sunday Funday (NES) for $3.00 and then found the box for free.

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 05:16:39 pm »
Today I picked up a working Sega Game Gear with a case and 8 games for $20. Don't know if it's a good find or not, but I'm pleased lol

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:03 am »
I got 50 games for 30 bucks. 1 sealed dreamcast NFL 2k1 and a sealed copy of shining force 3 senerio 1 japan import for sega saturn. Conkers bad fur day for n64 and punisher cib for genesis. Contra and super castlevania 4 was in the box along with castlevania 3. I got 50 games for 30 bucks these titles were all in this bundle. There were some jaguar games,nes,snes,64,ps1,ps2,xbox, and gamecube all in this box. These are just a few to name but there  :)were other good games as well.

jcalder8

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 11:30:34 pm »
Today I picked up a working Sega Game Gear with a case and 8 games for $20. Don't know if it's a good find or not, but I'm pleased lol
Sounds like a good deal to me. 2 bucks a game and then 4 bucks for the system and case.

@nesaddict85, that's a great deal!

Also welcome to the site guys!

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
Action 52 for a quarter
30-ish NES games and that I didn't have, plus the system, controllers, etc for $5
A SNES for a dime

Too many to count, really. Even things like getting No More Heroes for $2 a few houses over seems to be forgotten over time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 11:36:55 pm »
I recently picked up working Commodore 64 at Goodwill for only $4! Best video game score of all time!

I once traded a fellow board member on ComicCollectorLive.com some comics for his PS2 and few games. For free he sent along a black-label release of Final Fantasy VII on PS1, which wasn't part of the deal. When I mentioned it to him, he said to keep it. Awesome deal!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 09:50:30 pm »
i was given a vitrual boy a sega CD and a game gear after the guy realised how passionate i was about games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »
another thing would be Silent Hill on the PS1 for $1. it's always good to look in the CD/DVD bins at the flea markets.

soera

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 11:09:52 pm »
it's always good to look in the CD/DVD bins at the flea markets.

I second that. I got my Gamecube Twilight princess for like $2 from a pawn store cause it was mixed in with all the DVDs.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 10:07:28 am »
another thing would be Silent Hill on the PS1 for $1. it's always good to look in the CD/DVD bins at the flea markets.

Very nice, indeed :)

P.S.

Which/Where do you got to fleamarkets, redblaze57?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 12:28:58 pm »
the best I've found is a PS1 portable with screen for $5 at the flea market the lady did not know what she had....no power adapter though... :(
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual