Author Topic: Cool Idea for site.  (Read 1190 times)

theflea

Cool Idea for site.
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »
I would like to see a button on our collection page that puts our collection in order of when we added them to our collection, newest being on top. Or at least top 25-50 newest.

You have the image box that shows 5 newest in the forums, i just know other collectors that use this site and i'd like to keep up on what they picked up recently.

Thanks
"Happy game hunting!!!"

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Cool Idea for site.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:33:34 am »
Just in case you missed it, there's always an on-going thread called:

"Recently Purchased/Added to Collection"

that most of us 'regulars', at least, are pretty consistent about keeping updated...I guess that we ALL like keeping tabs on what everyone's been picking-up lately :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35:50 am »
This is a pretty cool idea.

htimreimer

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:12:53 am »
like this idea ;D

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:29 am »
I would like to see a button on our collection page that puts our collection in order of when we added them to our collection, newest being on top. Or at least top 25-50 newest.

You have the image box that shows 5 newest in the forums, i just know other collectors that use this site and i'd like to keep up on what they picked up recently.

Thanks

This will be coming soon. I originally didn't even have this data in the database but added it about 6 months back.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 05:22:16 pm »
you mean like a sort button I guess? That would be pretty cool. I look forward to it.

I would like to see a compare feature. I'm not sure how you could do it since there is no friends list or "follow users", but I would like to be able to compare games with some of my friends on a side-by-side chart. I mean, it at least would be easier than me using both my monitors to scroll two windows side by side.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »
Just remembered something else I wanted to suggest. I would hope to get something like a check box for games I have finished. I have been through many sites where I used to do that, and well, Gamefaqs doesn't make it easy so that is like a month long process, and all the other sites/facebook apps I've used have all gone to crap because they just made bad updates, and then no update.
What I hope to do is tag games that I have finished (I'll use my own definition of finished thank you very much) so that I know what I have beaten and what I still have left to play, as my RPGs alone are the reason I may never finish all my games I keep buying. I guess an example (no so much visually) would be myanime list (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jonathonstriker), where I didn't realize I how much I have watched, and how much I haven't watched, and now I'm trying actually complete some of these series hopefully faster than I am obtaining more.