Author Topic: A simple suggestion  (Read 1289 times)

A simple suggestion
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:47 am »
Hello VGCollect,

Just wanted to take a moment and say that I really like this site and it has become a nice side project of mine to finally begin documenting what games I own currently.

One huge suggestion that would really increase usability is if we were able to see in the Search results games we already have listed in our queue and prevent from adding duplicate entries of a game we've already added.

So, for example, let's say I added Final Fantasy III (SNES [NA]) to my queue. If I search for simply "Final Fantasy", it would be marked in the search results in some way that this item has already been added to my queue. (Have the text in red, a checkmark graphic, something so we can tell at a glance.)

Just a suggestion. Keep up the great work!
-Mike

scott

Re: A simple suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:12:52 pm »
Ooh I like that. I was thinking kinda the same thing earlier when adding some Saturn games to my collection. It would really be handy, especially if you are working from memory. Plus it'd save from having to keep extra tabs open in your browser.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
@mikezilla

Thanks for the kind words and the suggestion. I spent a few minutes and just pushed out an update to the site. If you perform a search you should now see "In Collection" listed under the game name. I haven't fully tested it but I think it's working just fine on basic searches.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

scott

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:49:48 pm »
Awesome, not to be picky. But can we get something like that in the browse pages as well?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »
NO BEING PICKY!

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:45 am »
This has been added to the browse pages now.

atariboy

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »
I'm liking the new updates, thanks matt, once again you hit it out the ball park.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 02:40:31 pm »
PERFECT! This is exactly what I was looking for, @matt. As mentioned by @scott, this is an essential feature for working from memory and makes the adding items process that much more efficient.

Thanks again!