Author Topic: I Hate Viruses  (Read 1893 times)

atariboy

I Hate Viruses
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:04:36 pm »
Been trying for the last week to try and remove a virus, mal-ware, ad-ware, etc.. or whatever the heck it is from my desktop. When I open up browser and seach for anything it brings up related search items but when I click on any of them it goes to a completely different website, usually some kind of shopping site. it happens on all search engines and I even tried different browsers but same thing. also when I shut it down it gives me the dreaded "Blue screen of death" sometimes the blue screen says Internal_Power_Error and other times it does not. in the process of wiping clean my hard drive then I will reinstall everything again. Just needed to vent alittle.
P.S. Once it is up and running again I will continue with adding ColecoVision games again.
P.S.S. The above is also happening in safe mode, just plain weird! just want to get back to adding games to the database.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

scott

Re: I Hate Viruses
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:07:37 pm »
Nothing like a clean install though. Just make sure you save your important files!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 02:36:58 pm »
If you haven't yet, get this:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

Nowadays it is all you need to clean up your PC and keep your protected. Good luck!

atariboy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:09:31 am »
thanks Matt for the link I checked it out and have it running on my laptop. it states that it is automatic on windows vista, do you know if it is automatic on windows 7? that is what im installing on my desktop.

@scott ya usually I like to do that every couple of years anyways, cuz ya I like to start fresh every now and then.

matt

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:25:21 am »
Actually I posted the wrong link. Try this one:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

atariboy

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »
I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!! I have been trying to get my Windows XP Home Edition to activate and Microsoft tells me I have to buy a new one that they will not activate the version I have. I Have original full version Copy of XP Home Edition that came with my computer and and I don't see why they will not activate it and they won't give me reason. they just keep saying that my COA is invalid. UHHHHHHH!!!!!, Guess I'll have to figure something else out but I'll be damned if I will ever buy a microsoft product again.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:11 am »
You need to have someone help you on a forum like bleepingcomputer.com because it's a rootkit and it has infected system files. Rootkits are pretty much invisible even to advanced security programs like Malwarebytes AntiMalware or HiJackThis - let alone anything built into Windows. They will walk you through steps to remove it but it will involve scanning with 3-4 different programs and posting logs after each step. It's a pain but its your only choice once you get one. If you use firefox the adblock plus extension can stop those hijacks from appearing even if you are infected but you don't want to run like that very long.

atariboy

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »
Thanks coaxial I will keep this in mind next time this happens.