Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51488 times)

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »
FamilyJules7x guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8-V4yuM984

Never heard of FamilyJules7x though I think I might've seen one of his videos before.  Seems like good stuff.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2014, 12:53:46 pm »

Where do you stand?

That's easy,  Overkill

« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2014, 03:47:34 pm »
That's easy,  Overkill

Gotta love some Bobby Blitz!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2014, 04:13:17 pm »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2014, 07:19:20 pm »
While I have been listening to this album all last week, cause I like to get stuff as soon as I can, gotta support the band when you can.  Very solid album.  Probably gonna make it into my Top 5 for the year unless some shocking upsets happen.

cobraseph

« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2014, 05:26:10 pm »
Metalhead here \m/
Megadeth
Slayer
Antrax
The Ramones
Dragonforce
Dio
Judas Priest
to name a few.. not much into deathmetal but i listen from time to time.

« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2014, 06:51:20 pm »
Metalhead here \m/
Megadeth
Slayer
Antrax
The Ramones
Dragonforce
Dio
Judas Priest
to name a few.. not much into deathmetal but i listen from time to time.

Bit out of place, unless we are talking about Lemmy covering The Ramones lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #382 on: October 27, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »
Any metalcore fans here?

Just discovered these guys, really liking them. Nice transitions between harsh and clean vocals:

« Reply #383 on: October 27, 2014, 09:29:08 pm »
Can't say I think I listen to much that is metalcore.  Avenged Sevenfold use to be, but that was mostly just their first album and I only like City of Evil...All That Remain might be another I guess, but I only have like one album of theirs and I feel kinda uncomfortable listening to them for obvious reasons now lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #384 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »
What obvious reason?

« Reply #385 on: October 27, 2014, 11:20:03 pm »
What obvious reason?

Crap, I got my bands mixed up lol I meant to say As I Lay Dying, of which lead vocalist Tim Lambesis was sent to jail this year for attempting to hire a hitman to take out his wife.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:02 pm »
What obvious reason?

Crap, I got my bands mixed up lol I meant to say As I Lay Dying, of which lead vocalist Tim Lambesis was sent to jail this year for attempting to hire a hitman to take out his wife.

Ah. I heard about that. I still have two of their albums, though. Good band. Too bad we won't be hearing from them anymore.

« Reply #387 on: October 27, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »
What obvious reason?

Ah. I heard about that. I still have two of their albums, though. Good band. Too bad we won't be hearing from them anymore.

I actually liked the Austrian Death Machine stuff more and the third album came out during that mess.  Can't support an album that was pretty much solely made by the guy :\

Bwigdahl

« Reply #388 on: October 30, 2014, 06:53:18 pm »
I don't consider myself a metalhead (probably more of a hiphop head if anything) but I've recently been listening to a ton of Mastodon and Baroness. I've been kinda looking for more stuff from that vein (stoner/sludge/prog metal I guess)... I've never been into the real heavy stuff, but every now and then I get in the mood for a good headbanging. If anyone knows of other bands that are similar I would appreciate recommendations! Hell, you can even recommend me things that aren't like them, I'm always for broadening my horizons!

I guess for referential purposes I'm just going to list all the bands I already have listed under metal on my itunes:

Anthrax
Baroness
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Destruction
Fu Manchu
Guns N' Roses
High on Fire
Iron Maiden
Lamb of God
Led Zeppelin
Mastodon
Megadeth
Melvins
Metallica
Monster Magnet
Motorhead
Nebula
Pantera
Primus
Probot
Rage Against the Machine
Sepultura
Slayer
Sodom
The Sword
Testament
Tool
Wolfmother

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:05:38 pm by Bwigdahl »

soera

« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2014, 08:26:37 am »
I will first and foremost always recommend Disturbed. Ive been into them since they launched and was the only global moderator on their forums at one time. Godsmack and Slipknot are both good listens as well as Mudvayne (their older stuff ... not much into their latest releases).