Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51683 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »
Such an epic band. I discovered them a couple months ago and just can't get enough of them. Best way to describe them is a mixture between Black Metal and Symphonic Metal, but that's not even quite a perfect description. Just listen, it's epic:

Wintersun - Sons of Winter and Stars

pacpix

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »
Wintersun is awesome! Have not listened to them in a while though, I have been listening to a lot of Doom Metal lately.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »
Awesome Melodic Death Metal!

Disarmonia Mundi - Mindtricks

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »

jobocan

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2013, 09:19:11 pm »

I have no idea how these idiots aren't just all put in prison already. There has to be something in the law against picketing FUNERALS, dammit. No matter how religious you are (I'm not, btw), no matter who it is, there's no way anyone could be okay with that. It's not the first time they do this either.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:01 pm »
^ I absolutely agree with you.

One thing military members, the gay community, and metal-heads can all agree on: The Westboro Baptist Church are bunch of scum.

pacpix

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:55 pm »
Those people always disgust me. >:(  Never even knew about them till I saw something on atheism Reddit.

htimreimer

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:35 pm »

One thing military members, the gay community, and metal-heads can all agree on: The Westboro Baptist Church are bunch of scum.
i'm christian and i think there scum,  all they do is make christians look bad

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:15 pm »

Same here. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." (I know, surprising. I'm a metal-head and Christian)

pacpix

« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2013, 11:33:25 pm »
Not a religious person, but I enjoy some good Brutal Christian Death Metal!  My mom did not believe me when I told her it existed.

htimreimer

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2013, 02:40:22 am »
Not a religious person, but I enjoy some good Brutal Christian Death Metal!  My mom did not believe me when I told her it existed.

christian rock and metal is like rap music, there's a lot of crap but the good stuff is really good.
for an example resurrection band ( aka rez band)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:46:17 am by htimreimer »

ko1ru

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2013, 09:43:37 am »
Ugh, I'll take my metal without the inclusion of religion, thank you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:22 am »

Same here. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." (I know, surprising. I'm a metal-head and Christian)

More of the same here...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

pacpix

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22:21 am »
It does not really matter to me as long as it sounds good.

Well I finally found an album I like better than Master of Puppets... Turn Loose the Swans by My Dying Bride:

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:03 pm »

Hah!

I think that this is the 1st time since (we have both) been here that I'm NOT on the same page/in agreement with you ko1ru  :o

To me, this implies that you're only interested in the lyrics over the actual music itself.

While, IMO, lyrics can definitely play a part in & enhance metal songs - the raw edge/power, acceleration, rythms, progressions, solos, chords, excitement, etc of the music itself is what's always drawn me to metal...

Just like I can enjoy listening to Pantera, Testament, Meliah Rage, Grim Reaper, Ozzy, and Exodus -so- can I enjoy their "power ballads", which, when you think "metal"...they don't really sound like at all.

Lastly - what if you heard & loved a (in this case) *Metal* song before it had any Lyrics?!

You would then:

A).  Still like the song as long as the lyrics were non-religious, and

B).  Stop liking/no longer enjoy the song should its lyrics mention/reference any religion at all?!

tl;dr = I think that it should be pretty simple to separate and enjoy both a song's musicality and/or lyrics...Together and/or independently of each other :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"