Author Topic: Gamer Metalheads  (Read 51751 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Gamer Metalheads
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »
I don't mind Christian Metal. Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, and Times of Grace all have very Christian-influenced lyrics and are fantastic bands (well, except for All That Remains latest album which is decidedly softer than the rest).

But then, I'm a rare breed, I'm a proud Christian, and a proud metal-head. And I seem to get crap for it on both sides of the fence. Christians try to tell me it's satanic, while at the same time many metal-heads really have a hatred for religion in general.

I do steer clear of overtly anti-God or anti-Christian bands like Cradle of Filth or God Dethroned, though. Because I just don't feel right listening to lyrics like "Another Christ hunt, a broken crucifix, with blood of Christ I quench my thirst." Makes me feel a little guilty as Christian.

htimreimer

« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2013, 10:32:37 am »
i'm not sure how many of you guys seen this but it pretty dam good

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2013, 01:04:49 pm »
^ I think you may be in the wrong thread. Not metal in the slightest.

htimreimer

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2013, 01:21:37 pm »
i don't think there is a rock or band thread, so posted it here

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2013, 01:25:25 pm »
i don't think there is a rock or band thread, so posted it here

Meh, doesn't bother me (being here, I mean)...so far, at this site, it seems like everyone/everything's been pretty lenient on slightly-off-topic posting...and personally, it's kinda one of the things that I like here  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:05 pm »
I just hate the Rolling Stones, lol.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2013, 03:10:47 pm »
I just hate the Rolling Stones, lol.

They're not my favorite either  ;D

If I've gotta' listen to a big-lipped, front-man like that...give me Steven Tyler any day of the week  8)

I've seen Aerosmith live...and personally, I think that Tyler's just as good (if not better) as a performer & I like his chemistry w/ Joe Perry A LOT more than McJagger's and Keith Woods...

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2013, 05:10:00 am »
I'll have to give them a listen - Stryper was very much more of a '80's/hair-band' kind of "metal" :P

Yep! sure have. I am mainly into Selfmindead, Embodyment, Living sacrifice, Soul embraced, 3rd root, the agony scene. basicly anything off old solid state and tooth and nail records. still remains is great. I could go on forever with names so I am gonna cut it short lol.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2013, 02:30:57 pm »
Funny and enjoyable at the same time:

Moroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger (Death Metal Remix)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2013, 05:11:50 pm »
Because I'm bored this Sunday, and because I want to see what you guys think of my metal tastes; here is a long list of all the bands I could think of that I like (more than just a song here or there). I'm into more than just one type of metal/hard rock, too, as you can see:

-3 Inches of Blood
-A.F.I.
-AC/DC
-Alice In Chains
-All That Remains
-Amon Amarth
-Amorphis
-As I Lay Dying
-Billy Idol
-Black Sabbath
-Blind Guardian
-Calabrese
-Chevelle
-Children of Bodom
-Cinderella
-Coal Chamber
-Cold
-Damageplan
-Damn Yankees
-Dark Tranquility
-Deathstars
-Def Leppard
-Demons & Wizards
-Devil Driver
-Dio
-Disamonia Mundi
-Disturbed
-Ensifirum
-Fear Factory
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Flyleaf
-Fozzy
-God Forbid
-Guns N' Roses
-H.I.M.
-Iced Earth
-In Flames
-In This Moment
-Insomnium
-Iron Maiden
-Killswitch Engage
-KISS
-Lordi
-Machine Head
-Megadeth
-Metallica
-The Misfits
-Motley Crue
-Mudvayne
-MyGrain
-Nightwish
-Omnium Gatherum
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Pantera
-A Perfect Circle
-Queensryche
-Quiet Riot
-Ratt
-Rise Against
-Rob Zombie
-Scar Symmetry
-Scorpions
-Sevendust
-Shadows Fall
-Skid Row
-Slipknot
-Times of Grace
-Tool
-Trivium
-Type O' Negative
-Vintersorg
-W.A.S.P.
-White Zombie
-Whitesnake
-Wintersun
-Year 200X
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:02:03 pm by burningdoom »

ffxik

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2013, 02:54:27 am »
Because I'm bored this Sunday, and because I want to see what you guys think of my metal tastes; here is a long list of all the bands I could think of that I like (more than just a song here or there). I'm into more than just one type of metal/hard rock, too, as you can see:

-3 Inches of Blood
-A.F.I.
-AC/DC
-Alice In Chains
-All That Remains
-Amon Amarth
-Amorphis
-Anterior
-Arch Enemy
-As I Lay Dying
-At the Gates
-Billy Idol
-Black Majesty
-Black Sabbath
-Bleeding Through
-Blind Guardian
-Borknagar
-Brainstorm
-Calabrese
-Chevelle
-Children of Bodom
-Chimaria
-Cinderella
-Coal Chamber
-Cold
-Cradle of Filth
-Cryonic Temple
-Damageplan
-Damn Yankees
-Dark Tranquility
-Daath
-Deadlock
-Deals Death
-Death
-Deathstars
-Def Leppard
-Demons & Wizards
-Devil Driver
-Dimmu Borgir
-Dio
-Disamonia Mundi
-Dismember
-Disturbed
-Dream Evil
-Eluveitie
-Emperor
-Ensifirum
-Epica
-Exodus
-Fear Factory
-Finntroll
-Firewind
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Flyleaf
-Fozzy
-God Forbid
-Graveyard BBQ
-Grave Digger
-Guns N' Roses
-Hammerfall
-Haste the Day
-The Haunted
-Heaven Shall Burn
-H.I.M.
-Himsa
-Hypocrisy
-Iced Earth
-Immortal Souls
-Into Eternity
-In Flames
-In This Moment
-Insomnium
-Iron Maiden
-Iron Savior
-Judas Priest
-Kalmah
-Kamelot
-Kataklysm
-Killswitch Engage
-KISS
-Lamb of God
-Lordi
-Machine Head
-Manowar
-Mastodon
-Megadeth
-Metallica
-Metal Church
-The Misfits
-Motley Crue
-Mudvayne
-MyGrain
-Nightwish
-Old Mans Child
-Omnium Gatherum
-Opeth
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Pain
-Pantera
-A Perfect Circle
-Primal Fear
-Queensryche
-Quiet Riot
-Ratt
-Rhapsody
-Rise Against
-Rob Zombie
-Rush
-Sanctity
-Scar Symmetry
-Scorpions
-Sevendust
-Shadows Fall
-Skid Row
-Slipknot
-Soilwork
-Sonata Arctica
-Sonic Syndicate
-Soulfly
-SuidArkra
-The Sword
-Symphony X
-Symphorce
-Testament
-Times of Grace
-Tool
-Trivium
-Type O' Negative
-Unearth
-Venom
-Vintersorg
-Visions of Atlantis
-W.A.S.P.
-White Zombie
-Whitesnake
-Wintersun
-Within Temptation
-Year 200X

Rock solid list man.  I took what you offered up, scratched what I don't listen to and added a good measure of my own favs.  Seriously though, nice list. 

I know I edited your list.  You already had a good measure of my bands in there.  To be honest my lazy bone kicked in. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:57:59 am by ffxik »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:30 pm »
No love for the hair metal, I see. That's a shame. Some great stuff in there that just gets passed by so many metal-heads because it's all labeled as "cheesy". Clothing styles and hair styles aside, there's some good tunes in hair metal.

Oh, and I should have had God Forbid on that list. Constitution of Treason is such a good album.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2013, 01:33:21 pm »
No love for the hair metal, I see. That's a shame. Some great stuff in there that just gets passed by so many metal-heads because it's all labeled as "cheesy". Clothing styles and hair styles aside, there's some good tunes in hair metal.

Couldn't have said it any better myself...Agree 100%!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2013, 08:53:19 pm »
"...Moreover, I inform you that although I have nothing against you except for how you have hurt me, I profusely reject metal. Why? Because the music is dark, violent, and dull and encourages young people to walk the path of sin and become increasingly enclosed in a melancholy reverie, melodramatic and pointless. I will not lie, I heard metal bands and have rejected them.

To give an example, I will mention Metallica. The singer, Hetfield, is mediocre and shouts excessively, completely lacking the melody with which I was born. And the guitarist only makes noise. Where is the music, then? Another band that I've also heard is Megadeth. I thought it was different, but I was wrong. The singer uses a vocal style that I dislike, like something that makes me feel like crying. And the other musicians in the band... I'd rather not give an opinion."
 -Justin Bieber on hard rock/metal genre of music

"I have seen the need to respond to the insults received yesterday from Justin Bieber, since his words have hurt my pride for referring to my art and my music negatively. The truth is, I felt really bad last night when I learned this because with all my years in music, I don't know what to do. I honestly do not know that all my years in this career have been disqualified by inexperienced people moving masses in a way that does not please me.

Technically, I could have taken legal action. But I choose not to, due to the boy's age... I will not torment him with a legal procedure. My sources have informed me that [Dave] Mustaine [from Megadeth], who is in his own right, has decided to take legal action but I doubt he will continue. We know that Dave is temperamental, but he has a good heart and this boy knows not what he says.

I'm not criticizing my colleague for going as low as him, but the only thing I do wanna say is [for Bieber to] have respect, which is what he lacks. He should learn that a momentary and transitory success does not rewrite the history of music. I also want to say that he has a huge future ahead and should use discretion. Not for him to impose the market.[?]

What struck me, of course, is your criticism of my public, to whom I owe everything because they made me who I am. They helped me achieve the transformation from being a nobody to being James Hetfield from Metallica. You cannot classify them as depressed, melodramatic, and dark. By doing that, you are trying to say that our style of music influences them to feel hatred. In the end, you're completely disqualifying our [musical] style."
 -Reply from James Hetfield, lead singer, Metallica

LMAO!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2013, 09:39:55 pm »
ffxik if you like Firewind and Dream Evil check out Mystic prophecy, Devil's Train, and Evil Masquerade.